Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Do you have any additional/3rd party applets or mods installed which may be trying to get some resource from net such as weather, images, metadata etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Do you have any additional/3rd party applets or mods installed which may be trying to get some resource from net such as weather, images, metadata etc.
    I don't think I do. After happening yesterday a few times it has not happened today.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Follow-up to my connectivity problems with my Radios

It seems the Radios are somehow confused by a varying WiFi availability.

I remembered earlier already that I've changed a setting in one of my WiFi access points probably around the time I got the connection problems with my Radios. But since I had hope to help find the root cause I didn't revert that change. The change was about the WiFi enabling schedule.

The automatic schedule switches WiFi off during a few hours in the night. I have two identical APs in the house that are usually configured identically. Since the granularity of the scheduling times changed after a firmware update to full hours only, I've modified the setting of one of the APs to turn WiFi on one hour after the other.

This was for the AP my RADIO2 is usually connected to, but this Radio also has a very weak signal from the other AP. So it seems that sometimes in the morning the Radio tries to connect to LMS using the weak signal of the other AP before the WiFi of its nearby AP is switched on. And it looks like this causes the trouble so that even after the nearby AP has been switched on and the Radio reconnected to it, the Radio is somehow in a bad state.

A few weeks back I reverted that change and since then I didn't have any problems.
    As a cross check I re-applied this change and the problem re-appeared and after reverting it back the problem disappeared again.
    I don't believe this is by accident...

IIRC If the different APs have the same ssid - you'll have problems. Radio and Touch do not support roaming.

Leave AP's on?
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    IIRC If the different APs have the same ssid - you'll have problems. Radio and Touch do not support roaming.
    No, I use identical SSIDs for many years and I can take a Radio and wander around in the house and the Radio connects to the AP with the best signal.

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Leave AP's on?
    Sure, I could do so but I try to reduce energy consumption of the APs by shutting down WiFi if nobody needs it in the night. And it worked like this for years. Only with the recent different schedulings this caused problems.