Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: change webroot

change webroot

Hi everybody,

I placed my slimserver behind a reverse proxy, and I would like to change the webroot, I think I found the right document to modify in Slim/Web/HTML.pm
    so my interest is to access to the server typing www.myadress.com/slimserver instead of www.myadress.com:9000

in the script HTML.pm I found the following lines corresponding to the webroot access, but as no expert in perl, I can't find the right way to change the webroot, and in the wiki, the script is different.

I tried $params->{'webroot'} = '/'; changed in $params->{'webroot'} = '/slimserver/'; but as said in the wiki it is the "wrong way to do it" and it won't work

Any help to understand where to implement /slimserver/ as webroot will be much granted :-)

Thank you

# Skins
    if ($path) {

$params->{'webroot'} = '/';

$path =~ s|^/+||;

if ( !main::WEBUI || $path =~ m{^(?:html|music|video|image|plugins|apps|settings |firmware|clixmlbrowser|index\.html|imageproxy)/}i || Slim::Web::Pages->isRawDownload($pa
    # not a skin

} elsif ($path =~ m|^([a-zA-Z0-9]+)$| && $skinMgr->isaSkin($1)) {

main::DEBUGLOG && $isDebug && $log->info("Alternate skin $1 requested, redirecting to $uri/ append a slash.");

$response->code(RC_MOVED_PERMANENTLY);
    $response->header('Location' => $uri . '/');

$httpClient->send_response($response);

closeHTTPSocket($httpClient);

return;

} elsif ($path =~ m|^(.+?)/.*|) {

my $desiredskin = $1;

# Requesting a specific skin, verify and set the skinOverride param
    main::DEBUGLOG && $isDebug && $log->info("Alternate skin $desiredskin requested");

my $skinname = $skinMgr->isaSkin($desiredskin);

if ($skinname) {

main::DEBUGLOG && $isDebug && $log->info("Rendering using $skinname");

$params->{'skinOverride'} = $skinname;
    $params->{'webroot'} = $params->{'webroot'} . "$skinname/";

$path =~ s{^.+?/}{/};
    $path =~ s|^/+||;

}
    Last edited by srvduplex; 2017-05-18 at 07:07.

Can we ask - why?

Knowing why might illicit an alternative method of doing what you want. An obvious one being forget the reverse proxy just switch off Apache and run LMS on port 80.
    Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
    Living Room - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
    Office - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones Bedroom (TV) - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

change webroot

Hi d6jg,

Thank you for your comment

The slimserver is on my Nas Synology, and I use Haproxy. In order to get it work on my other web app I just changed the webroot and then created a condition if path_beg /appname to access via myaddress.com/appname.

I just want to avoid using port number anymore.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by srvduplex View Post
    I placed my slimserver behind a reverse proxy, and I would like to change the webroot, I think I found the right document to modify in Slim/Web/HTML.pm
    so my interest is to access to the server typing www.myadress.com/slimserver instead of www.myadress.com:9000

I tried $params->{'webroot'} = '/'; changed in $params->{'webroot'} = '/slimserver/'; but as said in the wiki it is the "wrong way to do it" and it won't work

Any help to understand where to implement /slimserver/ as webroot will be much granted :-)
    There is no need to change the code, you should configure your proxy to do the mapping.
    That being said, you should read this thread and re-evaluate if this is a good idea in the first place.
    [ extGUI4LMS - an alternative web interface: forum / homepage | music visualizer for squeezelite ] [ Howto: build a self-contained LMS | Howto: play Ogg Opus files ]

webroot

Hi,

I finally didn't change the code as you recommended, but I used the skinname instead of my desired /slimserver.
    so I did map my proxy to root the request myaddress.com/skinname to localhost:9002/skinname.

so the webroot in the slimserver is the skinname.

it works fine

thank you for the help that help me to find out a solution.