Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Before I go use the code, can someone tell me about Virtual Libraries with the CLI?

Specifically I would like to be able to de-associate and re-associate a player with a virtual library.
    I use Squeezy to quite comfortably unsync and re-sync players according to pre-defined groupings. The idea is that individual users may use a player for their own enjoyment after hours but in the morning the system resets to a known, standard setup.

I can tell my users to re-assign a player to the appropriate virtual library before lights off, but I would prefer to leave them entire liberty and have the script automatically re-attach players to the virtual library in the morning. Squeezy has a '-json' command, I can pass anything through this.

I haven't seen mention of virtual libraries in the CLI doc. Are there specific pragma I can use?

Thanks in advance.
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Before I go use the code,can someone tell me about Virtual Libraries with the CLI?

> I haven't seen mention of virtual libraries in the CLI doc.

Ahm... pretty much at the top of the documentation there's kind of a
    changelog. Which prominently features libraries:

http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https:...s/cli-api.html

Basically you have a call to get a list of the defined libraries. A call
    to get the library associated with a player. And then tagged parameters
    to the various content queries to limit artists/albums/etc. by library.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Ahm... pretty much at the top of the documentation there's kind of a
    changelog. Which prominently features libraries:
    Sorry for the noise... Thanks!
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Well I'll need more help.
    Libraries getid is fine. But how do I "setid" ?
    "<player> playerpref library_id ?" doesn't return anything.

EDIT. Ah. This works: "<player> playerpref libraryId ?" to get and "<player> playerpref libraryId <someID>" to set.
    Last edited by epoch1970; 2017-05-18 at 05:35.

Before I go use the code,can someone tell me about Virtual Libraries with the CLI?

> Well I'll need more help.
    > Libraries getid is fine. But how do I "setid" ?
    > "<player> playerpref library_id ?" doesn't return anything.

Heh... I think there's no command for this yet! But the playerpref is
    the right approach: the pref is called libraryId.

--

Michael

Yes, that's cool and very handy. I think virtual libraries are a powerful concept in the context of multiple users, so it's great to have that available from the CLI.
    Thanks again, Michael.