Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Player connection issues

I'm running logitechmediaserver-7.9.1-0.1.1494667952.noarch on CentOS 7.3.

I have 2 Squeezebox Radio (baby) units and a Squeezebox 2 Wireless. They don't appear to be connecting to server. Oddly, if I log into the web interface, I can see the players listed, and I can play tunes by selecting playlists or songs individually. But the players themselves won't connect. SSH-ing into one and looking at the log shows:

Code:
    Jan  1 19:48:43 squeezeplay: INFO   applet.ChooseMusicSource - ChooseMusicSourceApplet.lua:648 connectPlayerToServer() LocalPlayer {SqRadio1} SlimServer {my_server}
    Jan  1 19:48:43 squeezeplay: INFO   squeezebox.server - SlimServer.lua:683 wakeOnLan(): Sending WOL to XX:YY:ZZ:XX:YY:ZZ
    Jan  1 19:48:43 squeezeplay: INFO   squeezebox.player - LocalPlayer.lua:203 connectToServer(): connecting localPlayer to serverSlimServer {my_server} via internal call
    Jan  1 19:48:43 squeezeplay: INFO   net.slimproto - SlimProto.lua:592 connect to 192.168.15.10 (192.168.15.10)
    Jan  1 19:48:43 squeezeplay: INFO   net.slimproto - SlimProto.lua:152 Send HELO: reconnect-bit=0 bytesReceived(H,L)=0,3675244
    Jan  1 19:49:03 squeezeplay: WARN   applet.ChooseMusicSource - ChooseMusicSourceApplet.lua:634 Connection failure or Timeout, current count: 21
    And yeah... The date reports:
    Code:
    # date
    Thu Jan  1 22:23:57 EST 1970
    which seems odd, but manually setting the date doesn't help.

I've disabled the firewall, but still can't get things to connect. I've deleted /var/lib/squeezebox and started from scratch and resetted the player preferences through the web interface. Still stuck.

I tried searching the forums for "ChooseMusicSourceApplet" but nothing seemed relevant...

Can anyone point me in another direction?

Player connection issues

> I have 2 Squeezebox Radio (baby) units and a Squeezebox 2 Wireless.
    > They don't appear to be connecting to server. Oddly, if I log into the
    > web interface, I can see the players listed, and I can play tunes by

Which web interface? Are they connected to mysb.com rather than your LMS?

> I've disabled the firewall, but still can't get things to connect. I've

What firewall? On your LMS computer or your network's?

--

Michael

I have 2 Squeezebox Radio (baby) units and a Squeezebox 2 Wireless.
    > They don't appear to be connecting to server. Oddly, if I log into the
    > web interface, I can see the players listed, and I can play tunes by

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Which web interface? Are they connected to mysb.com rather than your LMS?
    My LMS interface. No, they are not connected to msb.com - I was trying to get them working locally before worrying about outside the network.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > What firewall? On your LMS computer or your network's?
    On my LMS computer.

Thank you for your help.

I was able to get this working, by first deleting the units from my mysb.com account, doing a factory reset on each unit, and then setting up the Radios from scratch. However, they still would not talk to my local LMS, but I WAS able to get them to connect by adding my LMS as a remote library on each unit with the server's 192.168.x.y address. Probably not ideal workaround, but it at least has me back up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by cskaryd View Post
    I was able to get this working, by first deleting the units from my mysb.com account, doing a factory reset on each unit, and then setting up the Radios from scratch. However, they still would not talk to my local LMS, but I WAS able to get them to connect by adding my LMS as a remote library on each unit with the server's 192.168.x.y address. Probably not ideal workaround, but it at least has me back up and running.
    This points to the firewall or similar.

Port 3483 UDP broadcast that has the server discovery does not get trough to the players .

Some windows has for example "block UDP,traffic" set somewhere ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    This points to the firewall or similar.

Port 3483 UDP broadcast that has the server discovery does not get trough to the players .

Some windows has for example "block UDP,traffic" set somewhere ?
    I appreciate your response, however I'm running CentOS, not Windows.. I've also disabled the firewall on the server to test to no avail. (iptables -F)