Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Router Issue (MODERATER: Please move post if there is a better section to be in)

Router Issue:
    I have upgraded my Internet to AT&T Fiber 1000. They replaced ALL my Internet Equipment and provided an all-in-one Fiber Modem/Router/WiFi unit. It is an N/AC 2.4 & 5GHz Wifi Router. I can not reach my LMS unless I am on Ethernet or the 5GHz band, it will not connect on the 2.4GHz band. I have looked at the 2.4 and 5GHz band setups and they are identical other then SSID. If I leave the :9000 off so it should connect to the Server via IP Address, it will not and ends up doing a Google Search showing Find IP info and such for the Server's Local Network IP Address. Also odd is that I can log into my Router using 2.4GHz band and look and check everything, but I can not make any changes, it fails to take the password unless I switch to the 5GHz Band.

Has anybody else seen and issue between 2.4 and 5GHz bands? Ideas, suggestions, or things you think I should try? Defective WiFi Router (it passes self test)?
    Last edited by iPhone; 2017-05-10 at 21:43. Reason: forget to title
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

If you use the ip from your lms without the port -there is no answer back from the server cause he only uses this port for http.

OPen a shell and try to ping the servers ip.

Did you use http://ip:9000 or just ip:9000?
    Use the correct way with http://

Big question: how is your Lms connection linked in to the LAN? Via ethernet, I assume...? And, we assume that both 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi networks are on the same subnet and are set to bridge on the router..?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    If you use the ip from your lms without the port -there is no answer back from the server cause he only uses this port for http.

OPen a shell and try to ping the servers ip.

Did you use http://ip:9000 or just ip:9000?
    Use the correct way with http://
    Sorry I should have been more specific, I am running LMS 7.9.0 on a 2.4 Vortexbox Server. If I type the address of the Server 192.168.0.XXX in any open browser URL Line, I should go straight to the Vortexbox GUI Shell where I can click on the LMS Icon and it opens a new second window with LMS running (which happens with any PC on an Ethernet or 5GHz WiFi connection). Or I can just directly type 192.168.0.XXX:9000 and go directly to LMS which does happen with any PC on an Ethernet or 5GHz WiFi connection. BUT when I do either of the above when a device, Laptop, or PC is on the 2.4GHz band WiFi using 192.168.0.XXX turns into a Google Search and the 192.168.0.XXX:9000 times out leaving a blank webpage.

The 2.4 Vortexbox Server is Ethernet connected directly to Port 1 of the Fiber Modem's Router section.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Look for "device isolation" or similar in the 2.4Ghz Wireless setup
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Big question: how is your Lms connection linked in to the LAN? Via ethernet, I assume...? And, we assume that both 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi networks are on the same subnet and are set to bridge on the router..?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    My 2.4 Vortexbox Server running LMS 7.9.0 is Ethernet Connected to Port 1 of the Fiber Modem's Router section. Both Bands are on the same subnet and bridged.
    iPhone
    Media Room:

Living Room:

Bump - anything?
    iPhone
    Media Room:

Living Room:

i am sure for that:

device or wireless isolation in your router or access point

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Look for "device isolation" or similar in the 2.4Ghz Wireless setup

Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by olivaar View Post
    i am sure for that:

device or wireless isolation in your router or access point
    So I want back through my Router again Line by Line. I can't find a setting anywhere for Wireless Isolation or Bridging Bands. BUT, I did finally find a difference in the 2.4 and 5GHz settings. The WPA2 WPS push button was enabled on 2.4GHz and disabled on 5GHz. I don't see how this would make any difference especially when it was only the 5GHz band that would actually allow me access via URL direct server local network IP Address. So I change the 2.4GHz to disables also since none of my devices use automatic push button login and authentication anyway. This did nothing it was the same, only 5GHz Band access. NOW . . . . . . . . . . . . for even more mystery.

Just for giggles, I changed the 2.4GHz WPA2 WPS push button back to enabled and I also enabled the 5GHz which has always been disabled, Voila, I can now access the Route setup page and any device by URL direct local network IP Address and move files via the 2.4GHz band or the 5GHz band. How does that make any sense whatsoever? I enable WPS push button on the 5GHz and that enabled the 2.4GHz band to do what it should have been doing and what the 5GHz band has always been able to do whether that setting was enabled or disabled for the 5GHz band?

Guess I should stop complaining or wondering, and just be glad I no longer need to check which band a device is on to access my Servers, move files across the network, or open up LMS via IP Address!
    iPhone
    Media Room:

Living Room:

Maybe a Bad firmware.
    A few years ago i bought a netgear router and it drives me Crazy with a similar bug. 2.4 wifi clients cannot See The other clients on 5 wifi er direct ethernet Link. I loaded the openwrt firmware and all was ok