Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Radio won't boot up ... is there any thread that covers what can be done?

So, I found my Squeezebox Radio sitting on a logitech logo few days ago. The thing just sits there, tried multiple times.

I tried the factory reset (hold down MORE, plug in power), I get to the "returned to factory" screen, then hangs again.

Is there a way to attempt to make her happy again? I'm about to take it apart to see if there's anything obviously burned.

Any pointers helpful. Hate to give up on a device that still lights up.

TIA!

What was the radio last connected to? local LMS or MySqueezebox. com?

If you are in Europe, the latter was down a couple of days ago and may have some relevance to the problem.

Have you tried just pressing the power button until you get the "Goodbye"?

Also maybe restart your router whilst the radio is powered off.

Ronnie

Hey Ronnie, it was connected to msb.com ... but I know I have connectivity (through another slim device on the same account).

I don't get far enough for the power button to have any effect ... it displays two screens reliably. one is the logitech startup logo, the other is the "factory defaults restored" screen. Other than that, she's dumb and blind.

I did reset the router just in case, no changes.

I also did just take it apart - no obvious component burn issues, solder joints looked pretty good under a magnifier.

Are there other key sequences that can get a device to do something else other than factory reset?

thanks!

ah, damn.

at least 50 tries of a factory reset, and it actually starts responding. I got as far as typing in my wifi password, but got it wrong. Then it hung trying to connect.

back to square one.

is there a way to connect up ad-hoc via ethernet and do things to it? or really, really reset it by loading up the original image and flushing any user data?

Well just plug an ethernet cable in the back

just so you are doing the reset correctly; from the manual

Troubleshooting during setup
    If you are having difficulty completing Squeezebox Radio setup, refer to the Help section in the Squeezebox Radio quickstart
    guide. If your issue is not resolved, you will find more detailed information here.
    Squeezebox Radio isn’t responding
    To reboot the Squeezebox Radio:
    1. Press and hold the Power Button for 2 seconds to power it down.
    2. Then touch the Power button to restore power.
    If that does not solve the issue, to reset the Squeezebox Radio to its factory default settings:
    4. Press and hold the Power button for 2 seconds to power it down.
    5. Wait 10 seconds, and then press and hold the More (+) button and touch the Power button.
    6. When you see the “Factory Settings Restored” message, release the More button.
    Redo Squeezebox Radio setup tasks
    If you have run into problems during the setup process, you might want to go back to a previous step, or start the process
    over again.
    To go back to the previous setup task:
     Simply tap the Back button.
    Or
    To restart the setup process, restore your Squeezebox to factory settings:
    1. Press and hold the Power button for 2 seconds to power it down.
    2. Then press and hold the More (+) button and touch the Power button.
    3. When you see the “Factory Settings Restored” message, release the More button.
    Alternatively, from the home menu at your Squeezebox, go to Settings > Advanced > Factory Reset > Continue. The
    Logitech logo will come up, followed by a “Factory Settings Restored” message. From here, you can begin the setup
    process again.
    and

SqueezeOS-based players

These tips are applicable to SqueezePlay-based players only: Controller, Touch, and Radio.

Revert to previous FW - hold down Volume UP (with a non-Boom remote) and press the fab4 rear power button. Keep button held down until you see the "Free Your Music" screen.
    Factory Reset - hold down Add ("+") (with a non-Boom remote) and press the fab4 rear power button. Keep button held down until you see the "Free Your Music" screen.

The reset does a wipe of any user settings so it will revert to ONLY the default settings for everything, much like resetting an android or iOS device. If it's reset and still won't boot then it almost certainly has a hardware issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Just another thought, make sure you are running on mains power supply when doing the reset (although I think you should get a warning if the battery has insufficient power).