Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
    Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)

All morning (CET) MySB.com intermittent...?

All morning (CET, Sweden), now for like 4 hours I have had problems accessing MySB.com, it comes and goes, now I see it now I don't. And my Duet controller has the most problems, it can hardly access MySB.com at all. Web access to the Remote Controller is slightly better, but also intermittent. Once I get the player connected it streams but whenever I try to change source I get the problem of accessing MySB.com.

Is it just me?
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.3 r16662, Player FW 77
    Main use: Deezer and Radio Paradise through MySB.com

All morning (CET) MySB.comintermittent...?

> All morning (CET, Sweden), now for like 4 hours I have had problems

Yes, mysb.com has been down in EU for the best part of the past 12h...

https://status.logitech.com/

--

Michael

Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > All morning (CET, Sweden), now for like 4 hours I have had problems

Yes, mysb.com has been down in EU for the best part of the past 12h...

https://status.logitech.com/

--

Michael
    Ah! Thanks.
    In addition it turned out that my ISP also had issues...

And thanks, both of you, for the status links.
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.3 r16662, Player FW 77
    Main use: Deezer and Radio Paradise through MySB.com

Hi all,

I'm not sure, really, but does anybody else experience random play at the moment? I have three Booms, two of which are connected to my own LMS, and one connected to mysqueezebox.com. The latter switched itself on multiple times during the past hour and started playing random radio stations at a very high loudness level. I could watch it browse through multiple radio stations in quick succession. Kind of creepy!
    This only stopped when I attached the Boom in question to my LMS, just like the two others.
    As far as I know there is no way to remote-control a Boom via the mysqueezebox.com portal so it's questionable whether these symptoms come from there. On the other hand, who knows if the recent outages are not the result of a hacker attack, and Squeezeboxes are getting hijacked somehow?
    Just curious if I am the only one with this right now.

Joe
    1x Squezeebox Classic SB2
    5x Squeezebox Classic SB3 (one waiting for repair)
    7x Squeezebox Boom (two waiting for repair)
    1x Transporter
    1.5x Controller (one waiting for repair)
    1.5x Touch (one waiting for repair)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMuc2009 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm not sure, really, but does anybody else experience random play at the moment? I have three Booms, two of which are connected to my own LMS, and one connected to mysqueezebox.com. The latter switched itself on multiple times during the past hour and started playing random radio stations at a very high loudness level. I could watch it browse through multiple radio stations in quick succession. Kind of creepy!
    This only stopped when I attached the Boom in question to my LMS, just like the two others.
    As far as I know there is no way to remote-control a Boom via the mysqueezebox.com portal so it's questionable whether these symptoms come from there. On the other hand, who knows if the recent outages are not the result of a hacker attack, and Squeezeboxes are getting hijacked somehow?
    Just curious if I am the only one with this right now.

Joe
    If you have the LMS ports open to the internet like 9000 and or 3483 this is a well known prank/hack . You should simply not do that . For remote aces of LMS use a VPN .
    With open ports someone could remote controll LMS and thus all players and settings for them and the server .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    If you have the LMS ports open to the internet like 9000 and or 3483 this is a well known prank/hack . You should simply not do that . For remote aces of LMS use a VPN .
    With open ports someone could remote controll LMS and thus all players and settings for them and the server .
    Just checked, the only inbound rule for port forwarding in my router is for OpenVPN. Everything else is blocked. Or rather was. I just removed that, too, because OpenVPN was not working anyway. But I would be amazed if that could have been used for hacking my Boom.
    1x Squezeebox Classic SB2
    5x Squeezebox Classic SB3 (one waiting for repair)
    7x Squeezebox Boom (two waiting for repair)
    1x Transporter
    1.5x Controller (one waiting for repair)
    1.5x Touch (one waiting for repair)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMuc2009 View Post
    Just checked, the only inbound rule for port forwarding in my router is for OpenVPN. Everything else is blocked. Or rather was. I just removed that, too, because OpenVPN was not working anyway. But I would be amazed if that could have been used for hacking my Boom.
    Open VPN should be fine . its just open all ports to the internet thats very easy to hack .

Remove any rule at all with port 9000 and 3483 bot tcp and udp to be sure imo .

it could just be a glith the bom FW is not very smart everything is done by the server rendering displays chosing channels etc . mysb.com could just have cached some commands knob and wheel commands from when you tried to conect
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html