Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

you beauty !

@piPlayer - it works !

Thanks sooo much - poor old guys like me need to be spoon fed, I guess.

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

Gratefully yours,

NWJ

As promised - A Guide

Hi, all,

As promised I have written up the torturous process of getting piCorePlayer + Jivelite to work on a small TFT screen.

There are many, many people who have helped me through this, but I would especially like to thank Jan Grulich, PiPlayer, and Ralphy for their valuable contributions.

Forgive me if you think that the guide is too detailed - but it is often better to have Noddy level instructions than ones that assume knowledge the user may not have - that's my excuse anyway.

So here it is, I hope it is of some use to somebody.

Code:
    http://www.pughx2.com/picoreplayer.html
    Regards to all,

NWJ

Quote Originally Posted by nowhinjing View Post
    Code:
    http://www.pughx2.com/picoreplayer.html
    Good manual, certanly it helps others to get a cheap Squeezebox Touch replacement.
    I also wrote a manual for myself, but in German. Unfortunately, my East German school English
    is not good enough for a manual that everyone understands.

language..

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    Good manual, certanly it helps others to get a cheap Squeezebox Touch replacement.
    I also wrote a manual for myself, but in German. Unfortunately, my East German school English
    is not good enough for a manual that everyone understands.
    Your English is a lot better than my German - which is non-existant !

Congratulations - you managed to help me, at least.

NWJ

Hi NWJ

This looks like exactly the kind of thing I'm after.

I have an Adafruit 3.5" TFT display. Do you think that the procedure in your instructions will work for it?

Cheers

give it a go

should work, since I've used the generic screen drivers - you may need different modprobe parameters, but I guess adafruit can help you with that.

let me know how you get on - if you get it to work I would be happy to add any changes required to the website under an addendum for your display.

good luck,

NWJ

Quote Originally Posted by nowhinjing View Post
    should work, since I've used the generic screen drivers - you may need different modprobe parameters, but I guess adafruit can help you with that.

let me know how you get on - if you get it to work I would be happy to add any changes required to the website under an addendum for your display.

good luck,

NWJ
    Have you tried this with pCP 3.20? The staging drivers are present in that kernel too. There are a fair number of folks trying to do this, I can include these tft staging drivers in our touchscreen-KERNEL.tcz extension. Also, if you put your modified applets here "~/.jivelite/userpath/applets/" then restart jivelite, these copies should override the default extensions in the jivelite tcz. You will probably need the full applet in this location, not just the modified files.......but not 100% sure on this point.

That will at least save folks from having to make custom extensions.

ps. That is a heck of a modprobe line. Where did you find all of that info? Was that in the waveshare website.

Paul, if you'd like me to test anything, let me know.

that modprobe line ...

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Have you tried this with pCP 3.20? The staging drivers are present in that kernel too. There are a fair number of folks trying to do this, I can include these tft staging drivers in our touchscreen-KERNEL.tcz extension. Also, if you put your modified applets here "~/.jivelite/userpath/applets/" then restart jivelite, these copies should override the default extensions in the jivelite tcz. You will probably need the full applet in this location, not just the modified files.......but not 100% sure on this point.

That will at least save folks from having to make custom extensions.

ps. That is a heck of a modprobe line. Where did you find all of that info? Was that in the waveshare website.
    hi, Paul,

that modprobe line originally came from Jan Grulich over on the TCL forum fbtft thread. It works, so I have never delved further into it.

I plan to do the same on 3.20 on my return from family business, but you are welcome to take / use anything I've posted to help others.

NWJ

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    A couple of modeprobe parameters for some TFT`s you can find here: Link