Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

New Version - modified instructions.

I am pleased to confirm that I have managed to get this all working for piCorePlayer 3.20 and have modified and simplified the instructions.

One caveat, jivelite has been extensively re-modelled and now no longer includes WQVGAsmallSkin, so I have retro-fitted it into my instructions along with my custom Wav35Skin - BUT wallpapers are not working and I don't have time to delve into it now.

Hope this helps somebody ...

NWJ

Update:

Now includes screen calibration ...

Code:
    http://www.pughx2.com/picoreplayer.html
    Last edited by nowhinjing; 2017-05-25 at 03:00. Reason: instructions updated.

multiple RPI3 with each one player

I am using 4 RPi3 with one each one picoreplayer (3.11) with HiFiBerryAMP+.
    The version and configurations are all the same except for their ip-address and the name of the player.

All working fine: great player, good options and fine music.
    But.....

LMS is regularly mixing up the different players. I prefer that every RPI/LMS is keeping it's own player. But all the time these players get mixed up (after reboot?): I have one LSM having 2, 3 or even 4 of all the players and the other ones (I use the "RPI3-ip-address:9000" have no players).

It does not help when I set the option Advanced - Remote Music Libraries - Logitech Media Server "Disabled, do not look for other Logitech Media Servers."

I don't need the option to synchronise. I am very already very happy to keep 4 individual players playing their own music and not "bothering" each other.

I cannot find the solution for this..... Anybody can give me a hint?
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by nowhinjing View Post
    I am pleased to confirm that I have managed to get this all working for piCorePlayer 3.20 and have modified and simplified the instructions.

One caveat, jivelite has been extensively re-modelled and now no longer includes WQVGAsmallSkin, so I have retro-fitted it into my instructions along with my custom Wav35Skin - BUT wallpapers are not working and I don't have time to delve into it now.

Hope this helps somebody ...

NWJ

Update:

Now includes screen calibration ...

Code:
    http://www.pughx2.com/picoreplayer.html
    Thanks for your work
    i tried it on: raspberry 3, 4gb sd card, 3,5 inch rpidsiplay (cheapest version you nget on ebay/ aliexpress), picore 3.20

I got picoreplayer working on the display (so the first booting stuff was visible on it), could install jivelite (it startet at least on an connected hdmi screen, but if i use your jivelite.sh from the jivelite file pack and copied that to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/, and overwrote /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/do_rebootstuff.sh with do_rebootstuff.sh from the jivelite file pack, it wont start any more... (no connection possible via WINSCP and putty)

I also used the original (from picoreplayer 3.20) cmdline.txt and config.txt and added your changes, because with the files you provided, it didnt work.

Perhaps you have an updated version of the do_rebootstuff.sh and jivelite.sh files i could try or you have an other helpful advice?

Greetings
    cubii

PCP 3.21 an Waveshare 3,5" display

Hi,
    anyone sucessfully activated the now in pcp 3.21 included fbtft drivers for e.g. a Waveshare 3.5" display ? I followed the instructions from paul-

-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----
    That was a package that he made himself. These drivers are now included in the touchscreen kernel module extension.

Install Jivelite from the pCP interface, that should install everything that you need.
    -----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----

I installed pcp 3.21 and installed jivelite, but display was not activated.

Any hints how to activated the PCP 3.21 with the Waveshare display ?
    Thanks
    Stefan
    Last edited by pille; 2017-08-20 at 11:26.

Update for 3.21

See the process described at
    Code:
    www.pughx2.com

Good Luck.
    Last edited by nowhinjing; 2017-08-22 at 06:32. Reason: revised process

Quote Originally Posted by nowhinjing View Post
    See the process described at
    Code:
    www.pughx2.com

You will need to download the following files
    Code:
    http://www.pughx2.com/assets/px2/files/tft/piCore321/Player3.21_Kernel4.9.35.zip
    Good Luck.
    I have included the kernel modules in Touchscreen-KERNEL.tcz already

touchscreen-4.9.35-pcpCore_v7.tcz.list
    Code:
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/hwmon/hwmon.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/hwmon/sht21.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/hwmon/shtc1.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen/rpi-ft5406.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen/edt-ft5x06.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen/usbtouchscreen.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen/goodix.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen/stmpe-ts.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen/ads7846.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/input/touchscreen/egalax_ts.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/input/input-polldev.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/input/ff-memless.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/input/joydev.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/input/evdev.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/rpi_backlight.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/gpio_backlight.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/video/fbdev/rpisense-fb.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/video/fbdev/ssd1307fb.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/video/fbdev/udlfb.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/video/fbdev/core/sysfillrect.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/video/fbdev/core/fb_sys_fops.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/video/fbdev/core/sysimgblt.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/video/fbdev/core/syscopyarea.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_ili9320.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_hx8347d.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_bd663474.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_ili9481.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_upd161704.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_s6d1121.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_hx8357d.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_ili9341.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_ra8875.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fbtft_device.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_watterott.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_ssd1306.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_st7735r.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_ssd1289.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_ili9486.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_ili9163.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_hx8340bn.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_st7789v.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_hx8353d.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_ssd1331.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fbtft.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_s6d02a1.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_ili9340.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/flexfb.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_tinylcd.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_pcd8544.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_agm1264k-fl.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_ili9325.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_tls8204.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_ssd1351.ko
    usr/local/lib/modules/4.9.35-pcpCore_v7/kernel/drivers/staging/fbtft/fb_uc1701.ko

@paul - thank-you

I am pleased to say that @paul has indeed come up trumps - and that his touchscreen tcz works perfectly with the waveshare 3.5" screen.

I have therefore amended my instructions to suit this much easier and smoother way of doing things.

Hope it helps someone ..

NWJ

23/08 - added a working img download to the site.
    Last edited by nowhinjing; Yesterday at 08:48. Reason: added img file