Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac321 View Post
    Switching cards won't work with piCorePlayer as it creates a custom kernel based on which pi you start it up in.
    Yeah, but was worth a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac321 View Post
    I can report that I have successfully made both a PiZeroW and a PiZero1.3(non-wireless) work with pCP, Jivelite and a 3.5" TFT.
    Great,but i am stucked at: "starting jivelite... Done."
    So the screen is working, but jivelite is not starting. Any tips?
    I am using a pi zero + WIfi Adapter and piCore Player 2.21
    You won't need the newconfig.cfg file.
    Why?Because of wifi? i have a wifi adapter attached

Thanks for your answer and tips,
    Cubii

Quote Originally Posted by cubii View Post

Cubii
    Cubii,
    Sorry, I must have misunderstood your plans. I thought you were trying to use a non-W with a wired adapter (enc28j60), not a wireless adapter.

Yes, if you want wireless, use the newconfig,cfg file.

There will need to be further tinkering to use the enc28j60 with a 3.5" TFT as they are both spi devices. My current project is an absolutely minimalist-headless piCorePlayer for the garage: PiZero1.3 + enc28j60 + cheap i2c DAC.

@ cubil - Have you modified dorebootstuff ?

Quote Originally Posted by cubii View Post
    Hi

Yeah, but was worth a try.

Great,but i am stucked at: "starting jivelite... Done."
    So the screen is working, but jivelite is not starting. Any tips?

Thanks for your answer and tips,
    Cubii
    Jivelite not starting is usually due to dorebootstuff not having been modified - 1st thing to check ....

hi 16rmac321 and nowhinjing,

Quote Originally Posted by nowhinjing View Post
    Jivelite not starting is usually due to dorebootstuff not having been modified - 1st thing to check ....
    Jivelite is starting, but on the wrong monitor: if i have attached a hdmi monitor, and use the normal do_rebootstuff.sh file, jivelite starts on that monitor.

But if i change the do_rebootstuff.sh and the jivelite.sh from the tutorial, I'm stucked on the crond time disparity message.. which is showing on the touchscreen...

EDIT: It was a Permission problem:

I tried it with a raspi 1 and had the same result as with the raspi zero without w.
    So i tried to start jivelite by hand (disabled autostart and started it via ssh: sudo SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite &
    ) and it worked .
    So the solution is to change the permission of jivelite.sh with:

Code:
    cd /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/
    sudo chmod -R 777 jivelite.sh
    I coied the file via winscp as suggested in the tutorial, but it seems the permissions were not correct.

Now i need to calibrate it.
    Last edited by cubii; 2017-12-09 at 09:34. Reason: Found solution

Jivelite reversed (negative) video

Hello,

Thanks to @nowhinjing for the effort to collate the information necessary to make this work.

I have:

* RPi 2
    * Waveshare 3.5" (B)
    * pCP 3.22

I have successfully modified the files as required and I have Jivelite showing on the Waveshare screen and touch is working, however the video colours are inverted (i.e., black is white and colours are negative).

Any suggestions for resolving this, please?

The screen works fine with the Waveshare Raspbian image, but with pCP, everything is reversed all the time, including the boot screen (white background). Symptoms are the same with a different RPi, different power supply and different SD card.

I can't see anything obvious in the files and I have tried adding a mode to the fbset command, but I'm working in the dark. There isn't any useful documentation on the Busybox implementation of fbset that I can find, so it may not support the mode options that the full-fat fbset does. I also note that the colour depth setting (fbset -depth=32) is probably not doing anything useful with this screen – it only supports 65536 colours – but changing it has no effect.

Edit to add: Great success using the waveshare35b overlay. I'll write it up and add a link.
    Last edited by mongrel; 2017-12-28 at 12:37. Reason: Resolved
    --
    Nick.