Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by efthk23 View Post
    The question is if it is normal for the touchscreen's transitions to be laggy and not as smooth as the official 7inch. Thx in advance!
    Have the same problem with lms and the provided image...

Back to your question: The TFT is too slow, the refresh rate is not fast enough (think under 10 picture second) thats why you dont get smooth animations (Hardware limitation)

Quote Originally Posted by efthk23 View Post
    But now I figured out that the LMS is the main problem. I resized the sd to 200 mb and I did the installation of the LMS.
    Could not go the bed bevore testing thsi, so i made my onw image with the provided installations on the homepage, installed lms and got no screen.
    If then lms is stopped, the screen comes back (Jivelite) and i can start lms again without getting problems with jivelite/the touchscreen...

So two workarounds: Start lms by hand or write a script which delays the autostart of lms or closes it and starts it again :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cubii View Post
    Could not go the bed bevore testing thsi, so i made my onw image with the provided installations on the homepage, installed lms and got no screen.
    If then lms is stopped, the screen comes back (Jivelite) and i can start lms again without getting problems with jivelite/the touchscreen...

So two workarounds: Start lms by hand or write a script which delays the autostart of lms or closes it and starts it again :-)
    I had the same Problem. My solution was to unsquash the pcp-jivelite.tcz package an change the original jivelite.sh file in the folder /opt/jivelite/bin/ like nowhinjing wrote in his tutorial. Then i resquashed the package and put it back to the Pi. In the do_rebootstuff.sh file i leave the path "sudo -E -b /opt/jivelite/bin/jivlite.sh >/dev/null 2>&1" like it was originaly. Then the startup works properly.
    Last edited by piPlayer; 2017-10-05 at 23:19.

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    I had the same Problem. My solution was to unsquash the pcp-jivelite.tcz package an change the original jivelite.sh file in the folder /opt/jivelite/bin/ like nowhinjing wrote in his tutorial. Then i resquashed the package and put it back to the Pi. In the do_rebootstuff.sh file i leave the path "sudo -E -b /opt/jivelite/bin/jivlite.sh >/dev/null 2>&1" like it was originaly. Then the startup works properly.
    With the next release of picoreplayer you'll hopefully no longer have to modify do_rebootstuff.sh or pcp-jivelite.tcz.

If /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh exists do_rebootstuff.sh will run it instead of /opt/jivelite/bin/jivlite.sh

Attached is the change I've been using in the next release for whenever it's ready.

Code:
    --- do_rebootstuff.sh.orig
    +++ do_rebootstuff.sh
    @@ -664,7 +664,10 @@
                    export SDL_MOUSEDEV=$TSLIB_TSDEVICE
            fi
            export HOME=/home/tc
    -       if [ -x /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh ]; then
    +       if [ -x /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh ]; then
    +               echo "${GREEN}Done.${NORMAL}"
    +               sudo -E -b /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
    +       elif [ -x /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh ]; then
                    echo "${GREEN}Done.${NORMAL}"
                    sudo -E -b /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
            else
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

wav35skin vu meter support

The wav35skin now supports VU meter selection.

Currently, the original Logitech white and black and Kolossos's Oval VUs are available.

Name:  wav35vu.png
Views: 183
Size:  66.3 KB

For new installs, you must install one of the 3 VU packages in addition to the pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz.

VU_Meter_Kolossos_Oval-wav35skin.tcz
    VU_Meter_Logitech_Black-wav35skin.tcz
    VU_Meter_Logitech_White-wav35skin.tcz

If you don't the skin will crash when you change the Now Playing screen to VU meter.

To enable the new VU meters for a current install, you need to reinstall pcp-jivelite_wav35skin.tcz and one of the VUs above.
    The original wav35skin tcz includes the Logitech Black VU and cannot be changed.

Make sure on the tweaks page that the Jivelite VU meter dropdown matches the VU meter package you installed.
    If not, choose it from the list and click the Save button.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thanks and a couple notes

NWJ,

Thanks for putting together your tutorial. It took me a few tries to get it working - not your fault as I tend to improvise, but I eventually got there. I made some false assumptions and was playing with various settings the first few times through to see what they would do, so I had to start over a few times for my failed experiments. I also tried on A PiZero first instead of on a Pi3. I still don't quite have it working on a PiZeroW or PiZero(1.3), but I'll make a separate post about that.

A couple notes to help others and for possible editing of the tutorial:
    The tutorial works with 3.22 on a Pi3. Is it possible to edit the title of the thread to reflect the range of versions covered within the thread? It would make it clearer that you have kept updating the tutorial for the new versions of piCorePlayer as they come out.
    After making the new sd card, it would be worth pointing to the link for making a newconfig.cfg file and reminding people to add that at the same time they add or edit the cmdline.txt and config.txt files for easy wireless setup.
    Like someone else in this thread, I didn't realize that adding the wav35 default extension would add all the rest of the jivelite dependencies. In retrospect, it makes sense that it would, but I kept installing jivelite first which may have caused some of my issues. It may be worth adding a note at that spot in the tutorial that it is unnecessary and potentially counterproductive to install jivelite first.
    Also, the name of the default wav35 extension has changed slightly, so it isn't obvious which of the wav35 extensions to add. Again, it is noted in this thread that the default will add other extensions, but the default wav35 extension name no longer matches the specific name in the tutorial. For others trying the tutorial - just pick the one with default and wav35 in the name.
    After editing the bootlocal.sh, you have the user go to Tweaks and check that the "yes" box for jivelite autostart is checked and then click "reset". If "No" is currently checked, they need to first check the "Yes" button and then click "Set Autostart". If you click "Reset" first the "Yes" radio button selection does not stick. It may be redundant to click "Reset" after clicking "Set Autostart" but I did both.
    Prior to the calibration section, you suggest adding a mouse or keyboard for the initial setup. It should be noted in the calibration section that you need to remove the mouse before the calibration or the mouse may interfere with the calibration routine or cause it to fail.

This last suggestion is far more tedious, so feel free to ignore. It would be nice if the screenshots had highlighting to show what the edited differences are between the original and the modified versions of the file. Most of them were easy enough to see, but the addition of the comment tags for a few lines in the do_rebootstuff.sh file were a little tougher to discern. I'm one of those that tends to do the editing instead of just replacing the files since I like to see what the changes are so I can learn and understand how it is all working.

Thanks again!

And thanks again to the whole piCorePlayer Team. I haven't said it lately cause it just works and I'm not on the forum that often anymore!

PiZero

[Solved]

Has anyone made this work on a PiZero either a W or a non-wireless 1.3? On a non-W, I'm not getting past the white screen. On a PiZeroW everything comes together except the final jivelite screen. I'm stuck on the crond time disparity message. I note someone else mentioned this in a different thread on a standard pi and solved it by rotating the screen setting and resetting jivelite. That doesn't solve it for me. The screen is working nicely otherwise and the calibration routine in NJW's tutorial worked nicely, it just fails to display jivelite.

There must be a setting I'm missing, but I'm not sure what it is since the screen itself seems to be working ok. Perhaps the jivelite.tcz doesn't work on a PiZero?
    FWIW, jivelite works on the same hardware using raspbian. I just can't quite get there in piCorePlayer which would be perfect on a PiZero.

Any other thoughts?
    Thanks!

edit- looks like it does work, see next post
    Last edited by rmac321; 2017-12-01 at 22:24. Reason: add data

PiZeroW

15th (or so) time is a charm...
    After failing several attempts to get a PiZero set up with a 3.5in tft, PiCorePlayer and Jivelite, I took a new try at it with a 5" hdmi touchscreen. Was able to get it working with the hdmi screen and eventually even managed to get the touchscreen calibrated. Starting from that sd card, I added the necessary bits from NWJ's tutorial for the 3.5" gpio screen and whadayaknow, it works.

I'll take another run at a fresh install to see if I can figure out what I was doing wrong, but thought it worth noting that nothing is missing from jivelite or PiCorePlayer. They are up to the task for the PiZeroW.

Quote Originally Posted by rmac321 View Post
    15th (or so) time is a charm...
    I'll take another run at a fresh install to see if I can figure out what I was doing wrong, but thought it worth noting that nothing is missing from jivelite or PiCorePlayer. They are up to the task for the PiZeroW.
    Please keep us updated, i want to switch from a raspberry 3 to a raspberry zero (without w). Just switching sd cards is not working

Quote Originally Posted by cubii View Post
    Please keep us updated, i want to switch from a raspberry 3 to a raspberry zero (without w). Just switching sd cards is not working
    Switching cards won't work with piCorePlayer as it creates a custom kernel based on which pi you start it up in.

I can report that I have successfully made both a PiZeroW and a PiZero1.3(non-wireless) work with pCP, Jivelite and a 3.5" TFT.

For a PiZeroW, stick closely to NWJ's tutorial. I made some notes a few posts back as suggestions for updating the tutorial. You may find them helpful.

For a non-wireless 1.3 I got it working with a cheap micro-usb LAN adapter with 3 USB ports. You won't need the newconfig.cfg file. Instead, after you image your sd card but before you remove it from your computer, add a line to the onboot.lst file. On my debian system that is in the 50MB volume in the folder /media/<user>/<uuid>/tce/. You will probably need to use sudo or log in as root to edit the file. Add a new line at the bottom: net-usb-4.9.50-pcpCore.tcz
    Save the changes and close the file. Make your changes to cmdline.txt and config.txt from the tutorial. Put the card in your pi and power up. You should get a network connection very quickly. Follow the rest of NJW's tutorial.

I'm still working on getting the non-wireless Pi to connect using an enc28j60 module. If I figure it out, I'll report back. If anyone else has gotten an enc28j60 working with piCorePlayer, I'd love to hear how you got there.