Hi ralphy:

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
If it doesn't specifically state 64 in the filename, as part of the processor name then it's 32-bit.
That makes sense and is a common convention.

However, only the other processors (i.e. i386 / amd64) had separately "64 bit named" files in the Linux folder. I thus concluded (incorrectly) that these ARM files were binaries which would work on different-bitness architectures (which ARM supports).

You may wish to include a readme.txt file in the Sourceforge /squeezelite/linux and/or /squeezelite folders with this info to make this absolutely clear. I, for one, would have spent far less time (mine and yours!)

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
Doesn't the C2 only have 2GB of RAM? A 64-bit OS allows you to efficiently use more than 4GB.
Yes, the Odroid-C2 has only 2GB ram.

It is, however, becoming more and more common to use 64-bit OSes even on lower powered devices. This is certainly true of Windows [where 32bit is nearly impossible to find even on 2GB machines (if you can find such!)] and seems to becoming truer in Linux distros as well.

Also, drmatt gave some additional info on why a 64-bit OS can be useful.

Now I guess I will have to learn how to compile Squeezelite (and on a minimal Ubuntu installation, to boot) if I want the latest version . . .

More questions to follow, I suppose.

Thanks!