Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Strange Behavior with Multiple Duets (low level output on non playing unit)

Maybe someone here has some insight or tips on what is going on. I have multiple squeeze units around the house. Most are directly connected to ethernet. I use Ipeng and have the latest server and firmware updates.

I have one of my Duets, lets call it D1 that provides sound to my garage speakers. Its outputs is via optical to a DAC then to a pair of inputs on a Crown CT8150 amplifier. A second Duet, lets call it D2 is also using its optical outputs and it is optically connected to a separate DAC and then to the CT8150 amplifier. The issue is that when either D1 or D2 is playing a very low level of the exact sound profile can be heard through the outputs of of the other Duet. Hopefully this was explained in a clear enough manner.

Input cross talk on your amplifier.

Edit what do you mean by the "sound outputs of the other duet"? Its analogue outs?
    Last edited by drmatt; 2017-05-03 at 14:25.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Input cross talk on your amplifier. It does not exhibit this behavior with any other sources.

Edit what do you mean by the "sound outputs of the other duet"? Its analogue outs?
    Each duet is connected to its own independent DAC.

I am beginning to wonder if it is pick up the signal from the line converter that converts the output from the DACS from single end to balanced.

But my point is how are you listening to the "output from the other duet"? If you are switching the amp to D2 input while D1 is playing and hearing this then it's cross talk in the amp.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

So both Duets are connected to separate channels of the SAME power amp? Most likely it's some form of analog cross-talk between the DACs and the speakers. Could be bad cable(s) between DAC and amplifier, improper shielding or grounding, something within the amplifier, etc. I'd be VERY surprised if it was something before the DACs in the signal chain (i.e., the Duets, or LMS, or even the Duet-to-DAC interfaces.)