Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Shairport hangs

Hi,

I am using the 3.20 version with RPi 1, HIFIBerry DAC and Edimax WiFi. shairport-sync is hanging after a while. Playback stopps, no cpu load, and if I switch to Squeezelite, it cannot take over the sound card so it fails playing as well.
    I am trying to turn on logging by adding the shairport-sync.conf file under /usr/local/etc . Other settings from the config file are loaded and taken into account by shairport-sync, however, no log file is created under /var/log, no matter which log level do I set.

Any idea how to turn on logging for Shairport-sync on piCoreplayer ?

Thanks,

Sergiu

Can't write to external FAT32 USB drive via Samba

My music library is on a FAT32 formatted USB hard drive which I've mounted via the built in Samba UI. I can see the mount fine, but can't write to it - I just get permission denied. Any ideas?

Its not you. I thought I had this fixed, but obviously not. But it never came up as an issue during the beta. I'm gonna send you a PM.

If this is an issue, I will have it when trying Samba these days. Please send me the PM also.
    Odroid U3+m2p+LMS | Pi3-7"+pCP+LMS | Transporter | 2x Touch | 2x Classic | 2x Boom | 2x Radio | iPeng

Audio and normal version in 3.2

If I connect to my external USB DAC to listen music
    Any different between 3.2 audio and normal ver. I meant the sound quality.
    Before I use 3.1 audio ver with WiFi is OK but I cannot use 3.2 audio with Wifi.
    so I change to use 3.2 normal ver.

3.2 normal sound will poor than audio ver. ? if I only connect to ext USB DAC with USB cable
    Last edited by htctyo; 2017-05-04 at 23:57.

Hi,
    can someone describe me the correct way for setting up a tft display in piCorePlayer? I have a Pi Zero with an Adafruit 2.8" PiTFT attached and want to used it via jivelite.

What do I need to do to change from HDMI (where jivelite already displays itself) to my tft, which currently only shows a white screen?!?

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Its not you. I thought I had this fixed, but obviously not. But it never came up as an issue during the beta. I'm gonna send you a PM.
    Hi Paul

Thanks - I sent you a PM back, but not sure if it went - let me know if you didn't get it.

pete S

Quote Originally Posted by bsergiu View Post
    Hi there,

Thanks for a nice streaming client, that piCorePlayer is! Superior to- , and more robust than all other open source alternatives.

One question: Can you please include the shairport-sync.config in the distribution per default, and move the command line param config into equivalents there. In this way, we have the freedom to configure it as we want. Surely, I can do it myself afterwards - which I did, but I cannot override the command line params, as they have higher prio than the config file. Also, please note that this is now the official way to configure Shairport-sync; command line params are obsolete.

One more thing: can you please compile the shairport-sync with the following option?
    Code:
    --with-metadata
    Or please share the instructions, how to compile myself (dependencies to be installed, as they probably do not match entirely with the official build documentation). The reason is the following: I am trying to build a simple one-page web dashboard on the device, showing the device info like who is controlling, which streaming protocol is being played, which song and so on. So I need the currently played track and client info from AirPlay, which I would get from the shairport-sync, if compiled with the above option. It would also make sense to include the https://github.com/mikebrady/shairpo...etadata-reader into the image.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Sergiu

PS: If you re-compile, can we have the 3.0.2 version ? I have compiled and tried it myselfon another platform and it works quite well. However, I am a piCorePlayer fan, not willing to switch to other platforms.
    I've updated the shairport-sync package to 3.0.2 with metadata enabled, included shairport-sync-metadata-reader and updated the init.d script to enable metadata (using /tmp/shairport-sync-metadata) with picture support.

I did not add the configuration file option as changes to other scripts in pcp is also required, perhaps we can add it in a later version.

Turn off shairport in the webgui, reboot, and enable shairport again to update to 3.0.2

Code:
    tc@rpibp-wls:~$ /usr/local/sbin/shairport-sync -V
    3.0.2-OpenSSL-tinysvcmdns-ALSA-stdout-pipe-soxr-metadata-sysconfdir:/usr/local/etc
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

I am a newbie using pCP, but I am experiencing better sound quality with pCP 3.11 than 3.20
    Lot of pops and cracks with 3.20, very few with 3.11, let me say with 3.11 almost zero if I avoid to use the touch LCD.

Anyone some feedbacks on this matter?

Quote Originally Posted by htctyo View Post
    If I connect to my external USB DAC to listen music
    Any different between 3.2 audio and normal ver. I meant the sound quality.
    Before I use 3.1 audio ver with WiFi is OK but I cannot use 3.2 audio with Wifi.
    so I change to use 3.2 normal ver.

3.2 normal sound will poor than audio ver. ? if I only connect to ext USB DAC with USB cable
    I would suspect that less than 5% of users can tell any difference in sound quality between the two version.