Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I already set buitin wifi on
    but why No wifi devices found!

ifconfig wlan0 down
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    No wifi devices found!

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr B8:27:EB:62F:ED
    inet addr:192.168.0.106 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:1923 errors:0 dropped:11 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:1132 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:205852 (201.0 KiB) TX bytes:270540 (264.1 KiB)

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:65536 Metric:1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr B8:27:EB:37:8A:B8
    UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
    Last edited by htctyo; 2017-05-02 at 17:27.

Quote Originally Posted by htctyo View Post
    already change to 1 still fail
    why 3.11 is ok
    Because 3.11 uses a 4.4.39 based kernel, and 3.20 uses a 4.9.21 based kernel. The drivers have quite a few changes. Plus the RPi 3 wifi is still a very flawed hardware implementation.

Please confirm that you are using the kernel version 4.9.21-pcpCore_v7. This is shown in the footer of the web pages.

No Problems with In Situ Update

I used the hot fix and continued with the in situ update. No problems and the connection to my WiFi dongle fired right up. RPi3 with HiFiBerry Digi+ hat, TP Link WiFi dongle, Adafruit 5.25V 2A power supply with Monoprice USB power cable with ferrite core. piCorePlayer 3.20 Audio Version on 8GB Samsung Evo micro SD card. It might be my imagination but I think it may sound better than the 3.11 version. Call me crazy.

Glad you like it. The kernel continues to evolve, there are many sound system changes in the 4.9 kernels. Some of those patches would have been backported into the 4.4.39 Audio kernel......now they are in the default kernel.

wifi

Please confirm that you are using the kernel version 4.9.21-pcpCore_v7. This is shown in the footer of the web pages. ?

piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v3.20 | linux 4.9.21-pcpAudioCore_v7 | piCore v8.01 | Squeezelite v1.8.6-957 | Thu May 4 10:49:19 HKT 2017
    still No wifi devices found!
    I already change my rounter to channel 1

How to solve it .
    Last edited by htctyo; 2017-05-03 at 20:03.

Merry Dance

Finally up and running on Pi3B server/player with Arcam rPac external DAC and Pi3Bplayer with Topping VX2 external DAC/Amp. No issues, don't use wifi.

During the transition:

1.The SD card latch on my old Pi2B player finally gave up the ghost and had to get a Pi3B replacement. Considered using epoch1970's NetBoot but found out only available on Pi3's.

2.One of my Homeplug units developed an intermittent fault and had to be replaced.

3.I was trying to test bpa's BBC iPlayer enchancement to receive the BBC Radio 3 test flac stream.

It took a while.
    LMS: 7.9.0 - 1488878280 @ Tue Mar 7 09:28:02 UTC 2017 on Raspberry Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.20 Server/ARCAM rPAC DAC, 2.5 inch HD (pi powered)
    Homeplug LAN Players:
    Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC
    Raspberry Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.20/Topping VX2 DAC/Amp
    Wifi Players:
    UPnP Wifi Players: 2 x Chromecast Audio, 2 x Chromecast Video

Wifi

wifi in rpi3
    Works just fine on my 2 rpi3 systems, and my zero-w systems. Must be an issue with your router setup, more than likely channel configuration.

I use auto in channel but still fail . what section I need to set I in my rounter I work fine in 3.11 thanks
    But why some people said it can use internal wifi for rpi3b on3.2. Ver
    I want to use wifi can solve

Shairport-Sync - Metadata and config

Hi there,

Thanks for a nice streaming client, that piCorePlayer is! Superior to- , and more robust than all other open source alternatives.

One question: Can you please include the shairport-sync.config in the distribution per default, and move the command line param config into equivalents there. In this way, we have the freedom to configure it as we want. Surely, I can do it myself afterwards - which I did, but I cannot override the command line params, as they have higher prio than the config file. Also, please note that this is now the official way to configure Shairport-sync; command line params are obsolete.

One more thing: can you please compile the shairport-sync with the following option?
    Code:
    --with-metadata
    Or please share the instructions, how to compile myself (dependencies to be installed, as they probably do not match entirely with the official build documentation). The reason is the following: I am trying to build a simple one-page web dashboard on the device, showing the device info like who is controlling, which streaming protocol is being played, which song and so on. So I need the currently played track and client info from AirPlay, which I would get from the shairport-sync, if compiled with the above option. It would also make sense to include the https://github.com/mikebrady/shairpo...etadata-reader into the image.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Sergiu

PS: If you re-compile, can we have the 3.0.2 version ? I have compiled and tried it myselfon another platform and it works quite well. However, I am a piCorePlayer fan, not willing to switch to other platforms.

Wifi

wifi in rpi3
    Works just fine on my 2 rpi3 systems, and my zero-w systems. Must be an issue with your router setup, more than likely channel configuration.

I use auto in channel but still fail . what section I need to set I in my rounter I work fine in 3.11 thanks
    But why some people said it can use internal wifi for rpi3b on3.2. Ver
    I want to use wifi can solve

htctyo

From your response, you are using the AudioCore version. That does not work with wifi. Please use the Regular version

piCorePlayer3.20.zip