Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112
Results 1,111 to 1,119 of 1119
    Heh heh, I'm sure that would appreciated by a lot of folks. I did try using the DD command in WINscp to see if I could get away with anything.

I didn't :-)

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    If you were a linux guy, I'd give you more information, but you've already said you weren't. I'll put it on my list to work on......"Better disaster backup"
    Can I go home now?

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    Heh heh, I'm sure that would appreciated by a lot of folks. I did try using the DD command in WINscp to see if I could get away with anything.

I didn't :-)
    lol, never tried that either. You know what DD stands for.......

Disk Destroyer

holy sh*#...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    lol, never tried that either. You know what DD stands for.......

Disk Destroyer
    Can I go home now?

Can someone confirm - piCorePlayer 3.22 with LMS running on SDCard, is at higher risk of failing if Power is removed?
    All this talk of backups is getting me worried. If I turn off my WHS and move over to the RPi, I’m worried my aging brain will forget how I got it to work if it later fails.

I've found it very stable. My problem is I get to fooling around with it and... I have 2 other RPI's, a Transporter, Boom, two Duet Controllers and a Touch running off of it without a problem. It takes longer than my PC did to scan, but you would expect that. It scans 8000 song sin about 8-12 minutes from cleared.

I think the best best is to look back at Paul's suggestion about using Wiin32Disk to make an .img file of your SD card. That gets you back to where you were the quickest in case of some sort of failure.

I remove power from al of mine constantly and it hasn't been an issue.

Best of luck.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
    Can someone confirm - piCorePlayer 3.22 with LMS running on SDCard, is at higher risk of failing if Power is removed?
    All this talk of backups is getting me worried. If I turn off my WHS and move over to the RPi, I’m worried my aging brain will forget how I got it to work if it later fails.
    Can I go home now?

Quote Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
    Running LMS on pCP removes the safety of pulling the power cord. Quite risky. (Although not much more risky than jerking the power cord on your WHS)

I would put the LMS data on a separate USB stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Hi huxmut,

But... I thought the disk imaging tools did a bit copy of the whole SD card, ie. disregarding partitions.

And yes you are right, the size of the image will differ depending on the SD card, even the same brand card may be different. So a bigger image will not fit on a smaller SD card.

regards
    Greg

Hey Greg,
    Sorry, you are correct on the partition bit. But the size of the card has caught me a few times now, so I do a setup on a 2gb card and once happy with the setup make an image of that and write that over to my three pCP setups.
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |

Core Affinity Question

Dear devs,

I am trying to give squeezelite its own dedicated core in my rpi3. Here is what I did.

1. Isolate one of the cores (i.e. core 3) by entering "isolcpus=3" under cmdline.txt. After reboot, there is indeed no processes running under core 3.
    2. Set core affinity of squeezelite as core 3 by entering "sudo taskset -p 8 $(pidof squeezelite)". Now, squeezelite is the only process that runs under core 3.
    3. Make it permanent by entering the command in the tweaks page.

Problem is PID of squeezelite changes after each reboot so I have to enter the PID value manually. pCP does not recognize the taskset -c option which would allow me to go by program name instead of its PID. Any suggestions?

Thanks is advance.

Taskset is supplied by busybox, which doesn't support that. But you can install util-linux.tcz That should install the full version of taskset.

Be aware that Squeezelite starts 4 threads, and it already launches the output thread with a Fifo scheduling scheduling priority. You can change the priority level on the squeezelite commandline.

CPU3 should be harmless to isolate. I don't think that is going to do what you want, as I'm pretty sure that spin_locks will still affect all cores.

I've been testing an RT kernel, which seems pretty stable. Latencies are under 75 microseconds under normal squeezelite loads.