Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffe.S View Post
    According to my paper which I received from Telia, SSID should be written 08-76-FF-9C-29-9D
    But the scan shows that the SSID is in fact TeliaGateway08-76-FF-9C-29-9D.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Have tried to write TeliaGateway08-76-FF-9C-29-9D and something actually happened. It starts much faster even after power off. Also, you can not see any error messages during boot. But unfortunately, it still stops when I unplug the netcord and the buffer is over. It says "Loading flow informationö on the top line. And says "Could not resolve IP address for www.my squeezebox.com and next song" in a new box. Have also tried writing TeliaGateway 08-76-FF-9C-29-9D but it does not seem to make any difference. If I put back the power cord, it will start with some help.
    Best regards Ulf

Quote Originally Posted by Uffe.S View Post
    Have tried to write TeliaGateway08-76-FF-9C-29-9D and something actually happened. It starts much faster even after power off. Also, you can not see any error messages during boot. But unfortunately, it still stops when I unplug the netcord and the buffer is over. It says "Loading flow informationö on the top line. And says "Could not resolve IP address for www.my squeezebox.com and next song" in a new box. Have also tried writing TeliaGateway 08-76-FF-9C-29-9D but it does not seem to make any difference. If I put back the power cord, it will start with some help.
    Best regards Ulf
    You cannot boot pCP with a hardwired ethernet, then unplug it and have it work on wireless. The routing does not dynamically change. Once wifi is configured and connected, then you need to reboot your device without the ethernet cable attached.

Please excuse me but now I'm really confused
    At WiFi-Settings SSID, I now have TeliaGateway08-76-FF-9C-29-9D
    WiFi and RPi Built-in Wifi is checked
    Security Mode says WPA or WPA2
    I have clicked on Save/Connect and Scan.
    Available wifi networks
    scan Wifi Information / Wifi MAC: b8: 27: eb: cc: f7: 95 / Wifi IP: 192.168.1.79
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SSID Quality Level Channel Encryption Address
    1. DIRECT-44623CB9 85 -50dBm 6 (2.437GHz) on WPA2 46: D2: 44: 62: BC: B9
    2. TeliaGateway08-76-FF-9C-29-9D 65-64dBm 6 (2.437GHz) on WPA 08:76 : FF: 9C: 29: 9D
    3. TeliaGateway30-91-8F-1D-40-8D 44 -79dBm 1 (2.412GHz) on WPA2 30: 91: 8F: 1D: 40: 8D

Thanks Paul. OK. I think I understand what you mean but what else can I do to get pCP configured and connected to WiFi?

What does it mean with ôCouldnĺt resolve IP address for www.mysqeezebox.com" ?
    I understand none of this but I find it a little strange that pCP (IP 192.168.1.80 still on Ethport 2) and RaspberryPi (IP 192.168.1.79 on WLAN)) have different IP addresses in my router
    By the way, I tried Wifi diagnostics on beta but I did not get wiser about it. Everything looks correct, including the password and it says No reboot required. After the green check.
    Ulf

RPi Zero v1.2 - can't get WiFi dongle to connect

Hi there,
    I've been a long time PCP user with various RPi over the years.
    My primary player is a RPi2 with a 7" touch screen (running JiveLite) and an IQAudio DAC+. It's a tip-top setup.
    Today I thought of a good project for a spare RPi Zero (v1.2) that I have lying around: I thought I'd attach it to my TV and use it as a 'Now Playing' screen for the Squeezebox in the same room.
    Initially, I thought I'd be able to use the USB ethernet adapter I bought from Pimoroni (https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/u...on-lan-adaptor) but after not getting it to boot, I did some web searches and realised that USB LAN isn't supported.
    No problem, though, as I have a WiFi adaptor that I used to use for PCP in my RPi2 (which now uses ethernet).
    The WiFi adaptor in question is (from memory - it's not actually written on it) an Edimax one, but, like I said, it works fine in my RPi 2 running PCP.

So anyway, I followed the instructions to get a RPi A+ working, as per your advice, and edited the default newconfig.cfg file to contain my WiFi info, and loaded it into the SD.
    It booted up, found my WiFi dongle, but returned the error:
    Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) : too few arguments

So, I assumed a typo or something. To mitigate any problems with the info I put in the newconfig.cfg file, I thought I'd set up a working WiFi connection on my RPi2, then save its config to USB, and copy out its proven working WiFi section into the newconfig on my PiZero (using Notepad++ so it shouldn't be a problem with Windows vs. Unix return characters).
    And here's the curious bit: despite the very same USB WiFi adaptor working fine in my RPi2 PCP install, and despite pasting those known working settings into the Pi Zero's newconfig.cfg file, I still get the same "too few arguments" error when I go to boot the Pi Zero.

Any idea what's wrong here?

FWIW, here's the WiFi section (with the password redacted - however, it only contains letter and numbers, so it shouldn't be an illegal character problem):

#########################
    # Edit the variables below to setup a wifi based system without LAN access
    # Change Wifi to "on". Valid options for Encryption are "WEP", "WPA" or "OPEN"
    WIFI="on"
    SSID="The Mollusk"
    PASSWORD="**REDACTED**"
    ENCRYPTION="WPA"
    # End Wifi setup
    ##########################

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: just a quick note that I'm connecting the WiFi card (and previously the ethernet+hub) using one of these shims: https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/u...converter-shim
    Last edited by JadeMonkee; 2017-05-19 at 09:23. Reason: Extra info
    2x Squeezebox Classics | 2x Squeezebox Booms | 1x Raspberry Pi 2 B w/ piCorePlayer, IQAudio DAC+, 7" touch screen | OrangeSqueeze as Android controller
    LMS v7.9.1 running as a Docker in Unraid on a HP MicroServer gen8

Quote Originally Posted by JadeMonkee View Post
    Hi there,
    Initially, I thought I'd be able to use the USB ethernet adapter I bought from Pimoroni (https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/u...on-lan-adaptor) but after not getting it to boot, I did some web searches and realised that USB LAN isn't supported.
    USB ethernet drivers included but not enabled by default, but you can add them in by running this command from console.

Code:
    echo net-usb-KERNEL.tcz >> /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst
    Then reboot.

As for the wifi, I'm pretty sure the space in your ssid is not being handled well. Can you make your SSID without a space.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    USB ethernet drivers included but not enabled by default, but you can add them in by running this command from console.

Code:
    echo net-usb-KERNEL.tcz >> /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst
    Then reboot.

As for the wifi, I'm pretty sure the space in your ssid is not being handled well. Can you make your SSID without a space.
    Ethernet would be preferable, so I'll try that now.

I suspected the space, too, however it worked fine on the RPi2?
    I notice when it boots that it lists the SSID as 'The\ Mollusk', so I tried it with that in the newconfig.txt but it still didn't work.
    I'd rather not change the SSID as I have heeeeeaaaaps of devices that would also need to be changed.
    Anyway, will try enabling the USB ethernet now.

YEP: that worked, thanks so much!
    2x Squeezebox Classics | 2x Squeezebox Booms | 1x Raspberry Pi 2 B w/ piCorePlayer, IQAudio DAC+, 7" touch screen | OrangeSqueeze as Android controller

One more thing: the performance in Jivelite is a little laggy on the RPi Zero.
    I upped the gpumem in config.txt to 128, but do you think I might have been better off overclocking?
    Just looking for your informed opinion here on which of the two would yield me better results.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeMonkee View Post
    One more thing: the performance in Jivelite is a little laggy on the RPi Zero.
    I upped the gpumem in config.txt to 128, but do you think I might have been better off overclocking?
    Just looking for your informed opinion here on which of the two would yield me better results.
    Thanks again.
    The rpi display and Jivelite is only using a framebuffer. It does not use GPU. Overclocking might help

Does PiCore Player support Pi+Allo Kali + Piano2.1 DAC?

I'm currently having problems with Max2Play LMS/Squeezelite install on two Pi3's, one as server and player, the other as player.... the player only plays a few seconds of a track then goes silent.... I have tried everything that has been suggested so far and getting nowhere....
    ...so thinking the problem might be the Max2Play software and as my non pi players work fine ( iPad and Mac), I'm looking for an alternative and thought PiCorePlayer might be a solution.... but I can't find any info on whether the Kali + Piano 2.1 are supported and if/how the Piano can be configured in 2.0 mode

Thank you