Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You did install the extra file system support?

Attachment 22745
    thanks that solved it! happily scanning now ^^

I would like to use an MCE remote usb receiver for some local control. In a previous thread, it was suggested this is possible with "jivelite". Can someone please point me in the right direction to set this up? Thanks.

I'm using an MCE remote, but using the lircd remote setup. Don't know if anyone has setup for the USB receiver. There's something called FLIRC which is USB dongle which also works - you program to turn remote codes into virtual keyboard keypresses which work in jivelite.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Upgrading from 3.11 audio

I am wondering if it is worth upgrading to 3.20, and if so, would it be best to flash a new SD card, or try the insitu upgrade using the instructions on the first page of this thread.

I am aware that since I am using WiFi I would need to upgrade to the regular 3.20 version, not the audio one.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by merlinus View Post
    I am wondering if it is worth upgrading to 3.20, and if so, would it be best to flash a new SD card, or try the insitu upgrade using the instructions on the first page of this thread.

I am aware that since I am using WiFi I would need to upgrade to the regular 3.20 version, not the audio one.

Thanks!
    It really depends on what hardware you have. Unless you need the hardware support that comes with the new kernel. Staying with the old version is fine. Just be aware that the dev team always lives in the latest version. Supporting old versions gets difficult for us, as we don't run those versions.

If you have easy access to the SD card. Flashing a new card and swapping it is always the safest. If you encounter a problem, you can easily revert.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    It really depends on what hardware you have. Unless you need the hardware support that comes with the new kernel. Staying with the old version is fine. Just be aware that the dev team always lives in the latest version. Supporting old versions gets difficult for us, as we don't run those versions.

If you have easy access to the SD card. Flashing a new card and swapping it is always the safest. If you encounter a problem, you can easily revert.
    Thanks, Paul! I do have access to the SD card, but in order to activate the RPi WiFi with the new version I would need to first hardwire it to my desktop computer, no? IIRC, it was somewhat difficult to get the WiFi network recognized by the pCP scan the first time round.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinus View Post
    Thanks, Paul! I do have access to the SD card, but in order to activate the RPi WiFi with the new version I would need to first hardwire it to my desktop computer, no? IIRC, it was somewhat difficult to get the WiFi network recognized by the pCP scan the first time round.
    Insert a USB stick,
    On the web interface main menu, save your config to the USB.
    Power Down
    Insert new SDcard with pCP3.20
    Power up.

Wifi should get setup automatically......you will need to reconfigure your sound though.

Perfect!!! Thanks so much.