Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

LIRC with old Microsoft USB IR receiver

Hi

I thought I'd give LIRC a try on one of my PCPs when I came across and old Microsoft IR USB receiver in a box. I enabled Beta, turned on LIRC, went to the config page and set the device to be hidraw1 - and when I point an old queezebox remote at the IR sensor, the red light comes on (so it's getting power) but on the jivelite screen - nothing happens. Power on/off doesn't do anything even. So, I`m guessing that in the config file somewhere I need to tell it the name of the USB device (mceusb perhaps) but how does this relate to hidraw 1-9 - and which hidraw do I use? Sorry, LIRC is new to me.

ta

pete S

Edit : OK, found it. the MCE USB device actually shows up as lirc1 - spotted it appearing under /dev. Now, onto the next challenge - what on earth is the key on the remote for enter and backspace to navigate through the menus.
    Last edited by psketch; 2017-10-15 at 12:10.

Quote Originally Posted by psketch View Post
    Now, onto the next challenge - what on earth is the key on the remote for enter and backspace to navigate through the menus.
    See my response in the pcp lirc thread.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    See my response in the pcp lirc thread.
    Thanks Ralphy - didn't mean to cross post - hadn't found the lirc specific thread before I posted here ....