Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1119
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi Matt,

The symptoms you describe sound really weird. Of course the process you go through is not "normal". Who would use software that works like that?

I assume you are using the latest pCP 3.22.

I suspect a faulty hardware, SD card or RPi. I can't work out a software issue that would cause the situation you describe.

I use the RPi1B so I am sure they work.

regards
    Greg
    Thanks Greg, yes almost certainly nothing to do with the software. it is not the SD card, I have tried 3 of those and the same problem on each. Probably my WiFi dongle, but I don't want to fork out for a RPi 3 without confirmation that the WiFi is good. Reason I posted here is would be nice to confirm RPi 3 WiFi works well with pCP. Kidstypike has given me the most encouraging answer - so will probably go with the RPi 3.
    Matt
    SqueezeBoxes: A piCorePlayer with two Duets, one no longer in active service.
    Server: Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.9.1
    Network: TP-Link Archer VR200 router, TP-Link access point
    Livingroom: Duet, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/110/Headline amp, B&W CM2 speakers
    Kitchen: piCorePlayer, Tibo powered speakers.

rpi is just dropping new firmware for the rpi3 wifi chip. Stability seems to be a bit better. I personally don't have a problem, but then my systems are quite close to my wifi router. That is probably the biggest issue....lack of a real antenna.

DSF128 music file does not support but DSF64 is ok.

DSF128 music file does not support but DSF64 is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    rpi is just dropping new firmware for the rpi3 wifi chip. Stability seems to be a bit better. I personally don't have a problem, but then my systems are quite close to my wifi router. That is probably the biggest issue....lack of a real antenna.
    Mine is about 3m clear line of sight from the access point in the same room. An app on my phone shows -45 dBm so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    Matt
    SqueezeBoxes: A piCorePlayer with two Duets, one no longer in active service.
    Server: Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.9.1
    Network: TP-Link Archer VR200 router, TP-Link access point
    Livingroom: Duet, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/110/Headline amp, B&W CM2 speakers
    Kitchen: piCorePlayer, Tibo powered speakers.

Just attempting to re-load PCP having temporarily used the Pi for another purpose.

I'm seeing errors attempting to download extensions - ffmpeg, LMS, etc. Is there another problem with the server?

This is what shows at sourceforge repo.......

Project web is currently offline pending the final migration of its data to our new datacenter.
    So yes, its a server issue. I have not however found a timeline for the migration.......it just says "be patient"

Cheers. Thereĺs nothing pressing and I wonĺt get to be able to play with it again until tomorrow.

picoreplayer 3.22 shairport-sync extension download failing

I just built a new picoreplayer using a raspberry pi3 with a hifi berry dac+ pro. I believe it to be identical to a player I had built previously but I'm having problems turning on shairport-sync on the new unit. I wrote a version 3.22 image to an 8G micro SD card. Plugged the card in and the new player booted up fine. I set the squeeze lite up to use my hifi berry dac+ pro. I renamed the unit to be a different name than my other players. I can play music through the unit and it accesses my media server just fine. What I can't do is turn on the shairport-sync under the tweaks menu. On the previous picoreplayer I built with version 3.22, I simply turned on the shairport-sync button, hit save, and it worked. When I try to do this on the newly built player, I get the following error message about 5 times and shairport does not work:

[ ERROR] There was a error downloading pcp-shairportsync.tcz

When I look in the extensions section on the Main Page, it seems to indicate that internet is accessible, and that the official and sourceforge repositories are accessible. I tried increasing the space on my micro sd card but get the same error. I'm wondering if the sourceforge repository is not accessible. When I do an internet search for pcp-shairportsync.tcz, I find a link "piCorePlayer Extension Repository" which has a url of http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/...8.x/armv7/tcz/. This only thing on this page is "Project web is currently offline pending the final migration of its data to our new datacenter." Could this be the source of my problem? Or, could something else be the culprit. Since I've already done this previously with the same picoreplayer version, it seems like something has changed in the environment.

Note: My LMS is running on an old ubuntu linux box on my network. Since all my players can access the LMS successfully and I have no problems getting to the internet from any machine on my network, I'm assuming the the player should be able to get to the internet as well.

Please let me know if this is the wrong place to post this question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Ed
    Last edited by eschurig; 2018-02-14 at 19:49.

oops

Quote Originally Posted by eschurig View Post
    I just built a new picoreplayer using a raspberry pi3 with a hifi berry dac+ pro. I believe it to be identical to a player I had built previously but I'm having problems turning on shairport-sync on the new unit. I wrote a version 3.22 image to an 8G micro SD card. Plugged the card in and the new player booted up fine. I set the squeeze lite up to use my hifi berry dac+ pro. I renamed the unit to be a different name than my other players. I can play music through the unit and it accesses my media server just fine. What I can't do is turn on the shairport-sync under the tweaks menu. On the previous picoreplayer I built with version 3.22, I simply turned on the shairport-sync button, hit save, and it worked. When I try to do this on the newly built player, I get the following error message about 5 times and shairport does not work:

[ ERROR] There was a error downloading pcp-shairportsync.tcz

When I look in the extensions section on the Main Page, it seems to indicate that internet is accessible, and that the official and sourceforge repositories are accessible. I tried increasing the space on my micro sd card but get the same error. I'm wondering if the sourceforge repository is not accessible. When I do an internet search for pcp-shairportsync.tcz, I find a link "piCorePlayer Extension Repository" which has a url of http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/...8.x/armv7/tcz/. This only thing on this page is "Project web is currently offline pending the final migration of its data to our new datacenter." Could this be the source of my problem? Or, could something else be the culprit. Since I've already done this previously with the same picoreplayer version, it seems like something has changed in the environment.

Note: My LMS is running on an old ubuntu linux box on my network. Since all my players can access the LMS successfully and I have no problems getting to the internet from any machine on my network, I'm assuming the the player should be able to get to the internet as well.

Please let me know if this is the wrong place to post this question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Ed
    I just read the answer in the post right before mine and see the answer is that there is a problem with the server as I suspected. Sorry.

Is the Server Still Out or Do I Have a Corrupted Card?

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    This is what shows at sourceforge repo.......

So yes, its a server issue. I have not however found a timeline for the migration.......it just says "be patient"
    Is the server still out or do I have some other challenge? Thanks all. Mark