Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    You are referring to https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2016 It was just fixed in 4.9.30

I don't have the board to test, but I would think you could just upsample/downsample to a different frequency, as it appears only 48k is affected. We are waiting for new kernel drivers for the allo product before releasing the next version.

Trouble connecting to mysqueezebox.com after clean install of 3.20

SOLVED, mostly:

Turns out the problem was that the clock was wrong. For some reason slimserver wouldn't talk to mysqueezebox.com unless the clock was correct. Somehow my system was stuck at 1970, I assume because ntp had failed on startup. I still haven't figured that part out, but I reboot infrequently, and I know what the problem is so I can work around it.

Hi all-

I was previously running 3.10 under piCorePlayer on my pi3, and the integration with mysqueezebox.com appeared to be working. In particular, I could stream through Slacker. I just did a fresh install of 3.20, and now that seems to be broken. I see this error in the server log:

[69-12-31 16:01:38.3048] Slim::Control::XMLBrowser::_cliQuery_error (1676) Error: While retrieving [http://www.mysqueezebox.com/api/slacker/v1/opml]: [An unexpected error occurred while validating your mysqueezebox.com account. Please make sure network connectivity is working fine.]

I tried turning up the log levels, but didn't see anything more about that particular problem. I did, however, see that when I tried downloading some more plugins, I got errors for some of them, too, e.g.:

[69-12-31 20:42:39.6602] Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader::_downloadError (217) unable to download SigGen from https://storage.googleapis.com/googl...SigGen-1.2.zip - Connect timed out:
    [69-12-31 20:44:49.4510] main::init (388) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1488878280, Wed Mar 8 14:07:50 UTC 2017) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    [69-12-31 20:44:58.1983] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1244) Warning: [20:44:58.1971] EV: error in callback (ignoring): Can't call method "error" on an undefined value at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Networking/SqueezeNetwork.pm line 183.

If I log onto the device and try wget on the same url, it works fine, so I don't think there's a problem with network connectivity.

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas? Thanks.

-Joel
    Last edited by joelmr; 2017-06-24 at 15:21. Reason: (mostly) figured out the problem

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    You are referring to https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2016 It was just fixed in 4.9.30

I don't have the board to test, but I would think you could just upsample/downsample to a different frequency, as it appears only 48k is affected. We are waiting for new kernel drivers for the allo product before releasing the next version.
    Thanks, upsampling should work for a while I guess. And 48kHz is anyways not so often in my music collection, just found it in some files, but CD rips and most other files are anyways 44.1kHz, Spotify works also fine. Just thought I install the newest version of PcP in my terrasse player, should be easier updatable than older version, since don't want to take the SD card out before autumn. Anyways, thanks for your work!

Settings for IQAudio DAC+/AMP+ combination.

EDIT - Now worked it out - sounds good

Does anyone know how to set up squeezelite to get this combination to work.

DAC seems to work but can't unmute the amp.

Thanks
    Last edited by ian_heys; 2017-06-20 at 08:45.
    LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1508251793 @ Tue Oct 17 19:02:38 UTC 2017 on Raspberry Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.22 Server/IQAudio DAC+/Amp+/ Synology DS216J Network Music Store
    Homeplug LAN Players:
    Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC (x2)
    Raspberry Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.22/HDMI/Jivelite
    Wifi Players:
    Squeezelite on Ubuntu 16.04 Laptop
    SqueezePlayer on Android Phone
    UPnP Wifi Players: 2 x Chromecast Audio, 2 x Chromecast Video, Revo Super-Connect, GGMM-E5

I was ready to struggle with asound.conf (this thread), but I see something puzzling when trying to use the "equal" device from the OS, like with "mpg123 -a equal speaker-test.mp3"
    Audio rendering works ok and then execution terminates with this kind of ominous message: "*** Error in `mpg123': double free or corruption (!prev): 0x01b8e138 ***"

Is this a "normal error" or should I care about it (and how)?

PCP 3.2 on Pi3 w/ justboom amp: "piCorePlayer v3.20 | linux 4.9.21-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v8.01 | Squeezelite v1.8.6-957 | Tue Jun 20 18:01:25 CEST 2017"
    There is one mod to asound.conf to convert stereo to mono, apart of that I would consider it in stock config.
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Might this fix help the loud popping problem that happens when changing bitrate?

Quote Originally Posted by mkt View Post
    Might this fix help the loud popping problem that happens when changing bitrate?
    Anything is possible. Have you talked to the guys at hifiberry.

PCP3.2 - Adding, removing and re-adding equal fails

From a vanilla PCP3.2 install I activated the equalizer. Works
    Then I disabled it. Works
    Now I want to reactivate it. I get [ ERROR ] Alsa equalizer package is not loaded...

However, I can see mounted
    Code:
    /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/alsaequal.tcz on /tmp/tcloop/alsaequal type squashfs (ro,relatime)
    /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional/caps-0.4.5.tcz on /tmp/tcloop/caps-0.4.5 type squashfs (ro,relatime)
    and in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional
    Code:
    -rw-rw-r--    1 tc       staff       733184 Jun 22 11:41 caps-0.4.5.tcz
    -rw-rw-r--    1 tc       staff           49 Jun 22 11:41 caps-0.4.5.tcz.md5.txt
    -rw-rw-r--    1 tc       staff        24576 Jun 22 11:41 alsaequal.tcz
    -rw-rw-r--    1 tc       staff           16 Jun 22 11:41 alsaequal.tcz.dep
    -rw-rw-r--    1 tc       staff           48 Jun 22 11:41 alsaequal.tcz.md5.txt
    I've seen this twice.
    Thanks.

EDIT. Ah I see the page checks asound.conf. My asound conf is not standard and no equal device was created when re-installing Equal. I'll work around that.
    EDIT2. And now I have the same prob with usb-serial. Its getting unfunny. Solved by editing onboot.lst by hand.
    Last edited by epoch1970; 2017-06-22 at 07:04.
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Anything is possible. Have you talked to the guys at hifiberry.
    I posted here.
    https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-...lower-bitrate-
    Is there a better way to contact them?

Send them an email. Not sure why they don't monitor their own forums.