Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 71 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Yes, you would have to add a usb wifi stick to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    I have added it to the next release... pCP 3.23

If you are using a script you could use the long hand method, add:

Code:
    . /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/pcp-functions
    . /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/pcp-lms-functions
    pcp_lms_pause
    regards
    Greg

You made my day! Thank you!

config.txt

i have seen that the following settings are very popular in some configurations based on the argument that:

1. arm_freq, gpu_freq and sdram_freq should be multiples of each other
    2. the lower the voltage, the better things are
    3. sdram latency can be tweaked for better sound

arm_freq=666
    over_voltage=-10
    gpu_freq=333
    sdram_freq=333
    sdram_schmoo=0x02000020
    over_voltage_sdram_p=-5
    over_voltage_sdram_i=-14
    over_voltage_sdram_c=-6.

i applied theses settings and pCP 3.22 boots successfully but did not notice any improvement in sound. any opinions on re. these settings, what they do etc?

Quote Originally Posted by mcduman View Post
    i have seen that the following settings are very popular in some configurations based on the argument that:

1. arm_freq, gpu_freq and sdram_freq should be multiples of each other
    2. the lower the voltage, the better things are
    3. sdram latency can be tweaked for better sound

arm_freq=666
    over_voltage=-10
    gpu_freq=333
    sdram_freq=333
    sdram_schmoo=0x02000020
    over_voltage_sdram_p=-5
    over_voltage_sdram_i=-14
    over_voltage_sdram_c=-6.

i applied theses settings and pCP 3.22 boots successfully but did not notice any improvement in sound. any opinions on re. these settings, what they do etc?
    What they do? Nothing for sound quality. They might make your system less stable. The only way to get improvements in sound quality is to test, measure and verify after each tweak, but none of these will do anything in that regard.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Re: Pi zero W wifi fails

Hi,

Firstly, a big thank you for all your support and patience with me in resolving my wifi issue. I am currently trying another channel which seems clear enough for now, to see how I get on (hopefully a future update will allow regions to be set as with Raspain). Currently really enjoying the multi-room synced music (am ordering more Pi / Amp-Zeros). Sounds great. I'm a huge fan of this software (have donated as well).

One small question. Do I need to set 'Power On/Off GPIO' to match the soft mute pin for the amp zero? If so, what to? OR is this done automatically with the Amp zero audio device is selected?

Thanks again,
    Toonie.

I donĺt see where the Amp Zero has any gpio connection. Pin 38 is gpio20, which shows unused.

https://www.justboom.co/technical-guides/boards-pinout/

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I donĺt see where the Amp Zero has any gpio connection. Pin 38 is gpio20, which shows unused.

https://www.justboom.co/technical-guides/boards-pinout/
    OK my mistake. I see that the Amp HAT has a soft mute signal, and the Amp zero doesn't.

Cheers,
    Toonie.

Crashes with 3.22

Hi folks,

I am using pCP on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, with iQAudio DAC+, 7'' touchscreen and jivelite.

I had done the update from 3.21 (Audio) to 3.22 (Audio), but regularly experienced crashes (once a day). This occurred usually when I used the search (full text search PlugIn) on the touchscreen. It just said "Connecting to piCorePlayer" or something similar, and did not react further. Also no control from web interface or App possible. The pCP web interface showed Squeezelite and LMS running, but LMS did not react, e.g. no settings or log files available. Without the logs, I could not track the issue, so I always rebooted pCP, and it worked again for a day or so.

I then switched back to 3.21 Audio, and everything runs as usual without a crash.

Nevertheless, I would like to help tracking this issue, but how? I was told that there were some hot fixes on the 3.22 available, but I had not installed them. Could they help?

There are no hotfixes for 3.22. What is your network connection?

I don't run the audio version with LMS, nor would I recommend it.

I use a WiFI connection. As I said, with 3.21 Audio, everything works perfectly fine, so my simple logic tells me that something must have changed.