Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Not sure if this is the pointer you wanted but........

Attachment 24161

Pcp Needs to be in at least "Advanced" mode
    Thanks Jeff,
    I did look there,no option to resize boot partition size though
    Note though that current file system size is practically entire sd card,I get the following on the resize FS option:-

Choose a size between the current partition size: 31999 MB and the maximum partition size: 32000 MB more>
    WARNING: Not enough space available for expansion (only 1 MB).
    Partition Information

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mmcblk0p2 28.9G 349.3M 27.3G 1% /mnt/mmcblk0p2

so i can't do anything there ,including reduce file system size,

Any more suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi stereoptic,

I don't really have an answer, but I was wondering if it was an issue when the file is getting converted differently for the devices.

Maybe ALAC is getting converted to FLAC on LMS for the Touch but not for pCP (squeezelite).

regards
    Greg
    It could also just be the difference in the wifi adapter vs the hardware in his other devices. Any glitches I've ever had can always be traced to the network, never a device issue. Whenever possible - hardwire!

Temporary permission work around

Hi wtnh,

I don't know the windows way.

Adding a new partition is a similar process to enlarging the second partition, just don't delete the second partition and use the appropriate sector values.

Gerrelt describes it here and there is also a README on the first piCore partition.

http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wo...r-on-tinycore/

WARNING: backup SD card if you have important stuff on it!

regards
    Greg
    I can verify that Minitool Partition Wizard on Windows 10 will do the job of creating the third partition - ext4 in my case; I was sidetracked by bad hardware on one computer.

I was able to temporarily get around the permission issue by PuTTY'ing into piCorePlayer (which is running on a Zero) as the tc user and doing sudo chmod o+w /mnt/music; I was then able to use Filezilla to sftp into the player and copy over music files. I am pretty sure this won't survive a reboot though - perhaps unless a save in the UI retains that change. I'll try that later.

Quote Originally Posted by bolony View Post
    Hi,
    I just noticed that there is 3.22 update.

Trying to Update piCorePlayer without removing the SD card but getting the following error:-

[ INFO ] You are downloading piCorePlayer3.22
    [ INFO ] You are currently using piCorePlayer3.20
    [ INFO ] Boot partition size required: 25650. Boot partition size is: 25600

Status
    BOOT disk is not large enough, upgrade not possible

looks like i need to resize boot partition size,any pointers please,TIA
    hi bolony,

Have a look at the 23 Sept 2017 - piCorePlayer 3.22 Notes, it explains what's happening:

https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home/news

regards
    Greg

I've got a curious issue when using this through HDMI on my av amp (Marantz SR7009). It will work perfectly fine but when I switch to another device the ARC functionality appears broken, I don't know much about HDMI but it seems like pcp is 'taking control' of the amp and stopping the ARC functionality from working anymore. I'm going to switch back to an old SB Classic and use optical but it's a really strange issue.

Could it be some kind of handshake issue? I've checked the pcp settings and can't see anything that stands out as causing this issue.

hi stereoptic,

I don't really have an answer, but I was wondering if it was an issue when the file is getting converted differently for the devices.

Maybe ALAC is getting converted to FLAC on LMS for the Touch but not for pCP (squeezelite).

regards
    Greg
    Thanks - I'll take a look at the file type table, but I thought that was consistent for all players with no option to select the file types for each player???

Quote Originally Posted by rmac321 View Post
    It could also just be the difference in the wifi adapter vs the hardware in his other devices. Any glitches I've ever had can always be traced to the network, never a device issue. Whenever possible - hardwire!
    Thanks for the reply, but if that was the case why wouldn't I get glitches when playing an album straight through from the first track to the last? I don't have wi-fi turned on, but I just turned off the wi-fi for rpi on the piCoreplayer GUI page. When i get home tonight I'll see if that made any change.

EDIT I removed and reinstalled samba and its working now..

hi bolony,

Have a look at the 23 Sept 2017 - piCorePlayer 3.22 Notes, it explains what's happening:

https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home/news

regards
    Greg
    Thats Greg,well that explained it!
    Ive now spent the morning trying to get 3.22 up and running on another sd card.
    All good except that I cannot get my samba share to start.
    I add server name,workgroup,share name, path and file mode,click set samba and next page just freezes on :-

[ INFO ] Writing smb.conf to: /usr/local/etc/samba/smb.conf

It will not proceed from there ,if i refresh i'm back where i was with settings blank.

Also another issue,if i try to "save to usb" my current configuration (from the 3.20 sd card,to hopefully have all my samba settings to transfer over) I get the following error:-

Coping configuration file to USB device (/mnt/sda1)

[ OK ] USB device is already mounted.
    [ INFO ] Copying configuration file to USB device...
    [ ERROR ] Your configuration file was not saved - reboot with your USB device attached and then try to save your configuration file again.
    [ OK ] Leaving USB device mounted.

I have tried rebooting but same issue,I also tried mounting another usb pen drive,no change.So not sure what issue is with the save to usb option.

Anyway the only real problem im having is with Samba,I can see all my old settings on my 3.20 sd card where it works fine,any help?

EDIT I removed and reinstalled samba and its working now..
    Last edited by bolony; 2017-12-08 at 07:47. Reason: progress :)

What is your mount and samba configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    What is your mount and samba configuration.
    Thanks Paul,I removed and reinstalled samba and all working fine now

Headless pi Zero W + pCP + DAC + LMS with SD card only

Thought I would share this in case anyone else wants to build one of these.

Hardware:
    pi Zero W + 40-pin header + a good sized SD card - e.g. 128 GB for lots of music storage - of course you could use a regular pi for this as well
    Allo Mini Boss DAC (for those not familiar - this is the only master mode DAC specifically for the Zero that I know of with low jitter clocks
    5-volt cell phone charger - Zero + Mini Boss only needs about 400 ma so a 5-watt charger is fine
    Windows 10 computer with SD card slot + Win32DiskImager + MiniTool Partition Manager + FileZilla + PuTTY
    A device to run a remote app like iPeng

I used the following steps, although you could change the order slightly:

1) Burn latest pCP image to a largish sd card - 32GB or more
    2) Create a file called newconfig.cfg with wifi info:
    WIFI="on"
    SSID="yourSSID"
    PASSWORD="yourPASSWORD"
    ENCRYPTION="WPA"
    3) Put SD card in Zero, boot it up and look at your router to get the IP address it assigned (optionally make it a reserved IP so it does not change)
    4) Point a browser at the pCP IP address to bring up the GUI; expand partition to 1000 MB (largest choice in the drop-down) and set your DAC type
    5) Install LMS
    6) Put card in PC and run Minitool to create 3rd partition as ext4 (note you could do step 4 with Minitool too), consuming the rest of the SD card
    7) Put card back in Zero, reconnect to GUI, set new mount point e.g. "music" on new partition (the SD card should show up under USB disk section)
    8) Configure LMS to put data there in pCP GUI instead of the second partition
    9) Fire up a PuTTY session, log in as tc, and set permissions on /mnt/music via PuTTY: sudo chmod o+w /mnt/music
    10) Use Filezilla to copy files onto pi Zero, again using tc account to log in (note this can be slow, but you can queue up as many folders as you want and go to bed)
    11) Use LMS GUI (point browser to pCP IP port 9000) to point music library to /mnt/music and kick off a rescan; check that all your music shows up
    12) use iPeng or similar remote to control the pCP
    13) Enjoy your music

Some may qustion the wisdom of running LMS on a Zero - what I have found is that it works reasonably well. If you do a top command while it is playing music (mine are mainly FLAC files) you will see CPU utilization running around 20%. You do see spikes up to 90% when changing tracks, and certainly doing an LMS re-scan will max out the Zero while that is going on, but overall it seems pretty stable and sounds good with the MiniBoss DAC. I would not recommend using the LMS instance to run multiple players though - better to move the server to a regular pi.