Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast
    Everything looks normal there. I think what I would do first.

Stop LMS
    Remove the Cache (Button in pCP LMS interface)
    Start LMS

Then re-setup LMS

Alternatively, if you have another memory card, burn a new image and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    AFAIK there are no drivers or software required for that device. But Allo could better answer that question
    Here what they said like 15 days ago. Any news?

Name:  D8630533-CF21-4891-8F85-132884D35C9C.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  168.1 KB

No, they have not contacted us.

Everything looks normal there. I think what I would do first.

Stop LMS
    Remove the Cache (Button in pCP LMS interface)
    Start LMS

Then re-setup LMS

Alternatively, if you have another memory card, burn a new image and start over.
    Hi Paul
    thanks for the tips. I tried all of them, same results alway: pcp does not show me any of my music.

But I make following puzzling observation:
    on pcp navigate to "My Music"
    LMS web interface: Stop
    LMS web interface: Remove Cache
    LMS web interface: Start
    on pcp and for the blink of an eye the menu changes to show "Disks and Folders", but then this menue diappears again

Another observation I can make on the screen of my pcp:
    clicking "Settings"-->"piCorePlayer"-->"Rescan LMS Media Library" following message appears "Player is not connected to Logitech Media Server!"

Other:
    My NAS holds the drive with my music library (~8500 audio files) and this gets mounted by pcp. After booting pcp, I can see in the connection log of my NAS the pcp loging request being granted "Login OK". Never I see pcp doing any "Read" activity.

Invoking a ssh cat /mnt/audio/ABBA/CD1/01\ People\ Need\ Love.mp3 does return output on the ssh console and generates in the connection log of my NAS a "Read" entry.

The cache looks as follows, of which I cannot tell if compared to the number of audio files this makes sense:
    tc@piCorePlayer:~$ ls -l /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/
    total 969
    drwxr-xr-x 2 tc staff 1024 Nov 11 12:41 DownloadedPlugins/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 tc staff 1024 Nov 11 12:41 InstalledPlugins/
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 7168 Nov 11 12:41 artwork.db
    drwxr-xr-x 2 tc staff 1024 Nov 11 12:41 audioUploads/
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 244736 Nov 11 12:41 cache.db
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 32768 Nov 11 12:41 cache.db-shm
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 272512 Nov 11 12:41 cache.db-wal
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 287 Nov 11 12:41 extrastrings.json
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 1024 Nov 11 12:41 imgproxy.db
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 32768 Nov 11 12:41 imgproxy.db-shm
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 6320 Nov 11 12:41 imgproxy.db-wal
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 731 Nov 11 12:41 infobrowser.opml
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 165 Nov 11 12:41 infobrowser.opml.backup
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 116736 Nov 11 12:41 library.db
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 32768 Nov 11 12:41 library.db-shm
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 7368 Nov 11 12:41 library.db-wal
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 13312 Nov 11 12:41 persist.db
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 32768 Nov 11 12:41 persist.db-shm
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 2128 Nov 11 12:41 persist.db-wal
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 27684 Nov 11 12:41 plugin-data.yaml
    -rw-r--r-- 1 tc staff 149711 Nov 11 12:41 stringcache.armv7l-linux.bin
    drwxr-xr-x 3 tc staff 1024 Nov 11 12:41 templates/

Any further ideas as how to narrow down or fix this ?

Intermittently Losing Contact with LMS Server

RPi 3, piCorePlayer 3.22 Audio, Digi+ Pro hat, 8GB Sony micro SD class 10, Edimax dongle, LMS installed on SD card. Adafruit 5.25v 2A power supply. Streaming internet radio and Tidal only.

This is a work environment so I cannot connect to the wired network and am forced to use the WiFi network. Periodically my laptop (logged into cgi-bin) loses contact with the RPi and audio is either interrupted or stops. Unplugging power and rebooting frequently restores audio temporarily. I tried using a fresh non-Audio image but that did not help. I tried a different SD card and a different power supply and that didn't help either. I switched from a TP Link to Edimax WiFi dongle and no improvement.

At first I thought I had a networking issue with WiFi but the WiFi scan appears decent (at least to me): 1. AsE 92 62/100 1 (2.412GHz) on WPA2

Now I'm wondering if I have an LMS issue. Again, I don't have a local server available in the office so I am forced to have the LMS server installed on the SD card. Here is the LMS scan output:

[17-11-13 13:16:19.9795] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper:ostConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [17-11-13 13:16:20.8470] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2149) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!

Any thoughts? Many thanks, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    clicking "Settings"-->"piCorePlayer"-->"Rescan LMS Media Library" following message appears "Player is not connected to Logitech Media Server!"
    Do you have two LMS servers? Players will connect to whatever server answers first. Once LMS is running, use the LMS web interface to verify everything is working.

My NAS holds the drive with my music library (~8500 audio files) and this gets mounted by pcp. After booting pcp, I can see in the connection log of my NAS the pcp loging request being granted "Login OK". Never I see pcp doing any "Read" activity.

Invoking a ssh cat /mnt/audio/ABBA/CD1/01\ People\ Need\ Love.mp3 does return output on the ssh console and generates in the connection log of my NAS a "Read" entry.
    So the drive is connected fine. Setting up the drive in pCP only mounts the drive, you still need to configure your music location in LMS. This is the screeen shot from my system.

Name:  11-13-2017 5-14-23 PM.png
Views: 134
Size:  32.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jclctr View Post
    RPi 3, piCorePlayer 3.22 Audio, Digi+ Pro hat, 8GB Sony micro SD class 10, Edimax dongle, LMS installed on SD card. Adafruit 5.25v 2A power supply. Streaming internet radio and Tidal only.

This is a work environment so I cannot connect to the wired network and am forced to use the WiFi network. Periodically my laptop (logged into cgi-bin) loses contact with the RPi and audio is either interrupted or stops. Unplugging power and rebooting frequently restores audio temporarily. I tried using a fresh non-Audio image but that did not help. I tried a different SD card and a different power supply and that didn't help either. I switched from a TP Link to Edimax WiFi dongle and no improvement.

At first I thought I had a networking issue with WiFi but the WiFi scan appears decent (at least to me): 1. AsE 92 62/100 1 (2.412GHz) on WPA2

Now I'm wondering if I have an LMS issue. Again, I don't have a local server available in the office so I am forced to have the LMS server installed on the SD card. Here is the LMS scan output:

[17-11-13 13:16:19.9795] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper:ostConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [17-11-13 13:16:20.8470] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2149) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!

Any thoughts? Many thanks, Mark
    That log is normal since you don't have music. It shouldn't affect any of the streaming. It's more than likely a wifi issue. I have trouble in my work environment because the wifi network get saturated from time to time. Does your work wifi have 5G band availiable? What is the full model of your wifi devices.

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    I see exactly the same, only one instance of LMS running.
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

That log is normal since you don't have music. It shouldn't affect any of the streaming. It's more than likely a wifi issue. I have trouble in my work environment because the wifi network get saturated from time to time. Does your work wifi have 5G band availiable? What is the full model of your wifi devices.
    No, we're 2.4G only (I think it's an Aerohive network). There are 40-50 devices on the network from Apple devices to Crestron AV components. I just may be out of luck here. Would an older Squeezebox device do better? Thanks again. Mark

Thanks, Paul!

Yes, you can do that. Setup pCP, but do not expand the file system to fill the whole card. Once it is setup, pull the card and create a 3rd partition on the card to use the rest of the space, and then add your music.

Then restart your pi, and setup the mounting of the new partion on the pCP / LMS web page. It will show up under the USB mounting.