Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    Since posting this, I've uploaded ▒1TB of music to Amazon
    And, just like that, Amascum has banned rclone.

    https://forum.rclone.org/t/rclone-ha...-drive/2314/10

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    904
    They don't like the word "unlimited" as much as their marketing would have you believe, apparently...

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    They don't like the word "unlimited" as much as their marketing would have you believe, apparently...
    If I understand the situation correctly (and I'm not sure that I do) rclone's developer had to work with Amazon to get the app approved, but Amazon banned it without warning or consulting him and has yet to respond to his inquiries. For now, I've told Amazon not to renew my plan when it expires in August. If they allow rclone again, I'll probably keep the service, but for people with large music libraries the inability to automate a sync makes even "unlimited" useless. I'd be OK (not thrilled, but OK) if they'd just allow it with --dry-run so I could see what needs to be done and do it manually, but absent that or a similar tool, forget it.

    I'm currently testing a 10GB backup to https://hubic.com - they have a 25GB free version that works with rclone. Unfortunately, they don't have an unlimited plan, though their 10TB should work (for now!) for me. The test isn't finished yet, but it's been running for a few hours and seems to be working well:

    Code:
    Transferred:   7.864 GBytes (726.991 kBytes/s)
    Errors:                 0
    Checks:                 1
    Transferred:         4942
    Elapsed time:    3h9m1.9s

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    904
    So this is why I used "dar". Keep a local metadata copy and I can run differential backups against the metadata to upload as a tarball (um, darball) without having to keep the data local too.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    489
    Testing hubiC at the moment. 25GB free and it works with rclone. Their largest plan is 10TB, which works for me for now, so I just might go for it.

    rclone developer is hopeful that he can work things out with Amazon.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    460
    I use Dropbox for backing up my music database which is about 1Tb / 60,000 tracks. As a bonus I have installed an app called FLACBox on my iPhone which allows my to play music stored directly on Dropbox. So I have access to my complete music library when I'm away from home using either 3G or WiFi.
    I already had a 2Tb Dropbox account but I had only a few documents stored on it. This way I can make use of the storage capacity.
    Main Source: Transporter
    Amp: Cyrus 8XPd QX
    Speakers: PMC twenty:23

    CD/HDD Recorder: Alesis Masterlink ML-9600

    http://www.last.fm/user/norderney1962

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by norderney View Post
    I use Dropbox for backing up my music database which is about 1Tb / 60,000 tracks. As a bonus I have installed an app called FLACBox on my iPhone which allows my to play music stored directly on Dropbox. So I have access to my complete music library when I'm away from home using either 3G or WiFi.
    I already had a 2Tb Dropbox account but I had only a few documents stored on it. This way I can make use of the storage capacity.
    But how did you get the data uploaded?

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    460
    Using the Dropbox web site, I logged into my Dropbox account and then upload all my FLAC files to my Music folder within Dropbox. Quite easy actually. Takes a long time but only has to be done once. Works best if you have a fast fibre broadband connection.
    Main Source: Transporter
    Amp: Cyrus 8XPd QX
    Speakers: PMC twenty:23

    CD/HDD Recorder: Alesis Masterlink ML-9600

    http://www.last.fm/user/norderney1962

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by norderney View Post
    Using the Dropbox web site, I logged into my Dropbox account and then upload all my FLAC files to my Music folder within Dropbox. Quite easy actually. Takes a long time but only has to be done once. Works best if you have a fast fibre broadband connection.
    What sort of upload speeds did you get? How long did it take to upload 1TB?

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    904
    Maths to the rescue! 1TB is 8000000 Mbits. This will take 5.1 days on an 18Mbit/s uplink (typical unlimited fibre package).
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •