Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

New PC. Touch now going apeship with dupes

Hello and please accept my apologies as much of this is beyond my head.

I have a Touch and LOVE it...WHEN it's not giving me hassles. Right now its giving me hassles.

I have a 1TB external, and a 500G internal on my PC. When I fire up an individual album anywhere from 2 to 5 individual copies of the same song show up on the touch. iTunes no longer offers "DISPLAY DUPLICATES", or if they do, I am unable to find it. Right now I have "USE ITUNES" checked in the menu.

What is the easiest way to wipe out all the dupes and return this thing to its blissful state?

Do you have any playlists in the file system? They tend to produce duplicates...
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Do you use iTunes integration at the same time as pointing LMS to directories where the files are ?

Don't set the playlist directory the same as the music file directory in LMS . Make a special folder for playlists .
    All the m3u or cue files you may have created in each album is a playlist , this makes dupes ( I recommend removing them anyway )

Shortcuts if LMS finds the same file via a different path it thinks it's another version of the album and thus you got dupes .
    Especially shortcuts between the external drives on the external drives ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Julf,

I have no playlists.

Mnyb,

1. I don't know.
    2. Not sure about shortcuts. My PC skills are not that advanced, but I will try and look at the software and see if I can find anything regarding shortcuts.

Many thanks for the input gents!