Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Non techy question about 'Spotify'

Hi folks

Have installed Spotify and it's working fine. However, on one of my Radios the Spotify icon is ORANGE (with the word 'core - I think - in the top left of the icon) whereas on all the others it's the more familiar spotify green logo.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

Steve

orange used to signify the Triode plugin iirc

ronnie

Cheers Ronnie. Is one particular version better/different than the other. In your experience, any reason to use one rather than the other? Any benefits of running both?

So many questions! 😀

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

I have not used the Triode plugin since MH revamped the official Logitech plugin with SPH..... works for me.

When they are on offer, an Audio Chromecast is worth ú15 or so and can be easily integrated into a system (heretic that I am!)

Cheers Ronnie!

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StevePalmer View Post
    Is one particular version better/different than the other. In your experience, any reason to use one rather than the other?
    After receiving the dreaded general transient error with Triode's plug in (Orange logo,) I switched to the official app with the Spotify handler and it's been running for a couple weeks without problem. The advantage with the official app is I'm getting the Discovery Weekly playlist, which I wasn't getting anymore on the third party app.
    "You know, I'm all for progress. It's change I object to."
    Mark Twain

LMS 7.9 on Raspberry Pi3 w/200GB SD
    5 Receivers, 1 Boom, 2 Radios, 1 Controller, 1 iPhone & 1 iPad w/iPeng & Squeezebox Apps, 1 Android phone w/Squeezer

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHart View Post
    After receiving the dreaded general transient error with Triode's plug in (Orange logo,) I switched to the official app with the Spotify handler and it's been running for a couple weeks without problem. The advantage with the official app is I'm getting the Discovery Weekly playlist, which I wasn't getting anymore on the third party app.
    Thanks Jeff.

That's my experience too. I think I'm going to stick with the official app. Thanks for clarifying.