Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by daleyb View Post
    Thanks For the Info Greg...The Jurys out to Picore or Max2play. Maybe I should take a step back and get My Pi First.Hopefully I can Decide before my Pi arrives....
    Once you get the hang of setting things up it will take only 10 or 15 minutes to get piCorePlayer/LMS going. I imagine M2P is the same. As everything is on the SD card, you can easily swap between the two. Get a couple of SD cards. For piCorePlayer, an 8GB SD card is over kill but it is hard to find smaller ones.

One thing that I did read is that if your using an external HD (With no power supply) I will need a USB power HUB
    Adaptor (Due to the low level of the Pis USB Input).. Is this correct..? ..
    Some USB powered HDD *may* work if you have a good PSU and you don't have other devices on your Raspberry Pi. I use powered USB drives mostly, but have a couple of USB powered ones for backups. Self powered ones *will* work, USB powered ones *may* work. Powered USB HDD tend to be physically big.

I just want to get all parts at once and not forget / need anything..
    Sounds like you are stressing out. Chill.... once you go through this a couple of times you will release its not a big deal and initial decisions can be easily changed.

regards
    Greg

Thanks For the Info Greg...The Jurys out to Picore or Max2play. Maybe I should take a step back and get My Pi First.Hopefully I can Decide before my Pi arrives..

One thing that I did read is that if your using an external HD (With no power supply) I will need a USB power HUB
    Adaptor (Due to the low level of the Pis USB Input).. Is this correct..?

I just want to get all parts at once and not forget / need anything..
    I have two USB HD's, they both work no problem without a USB hub, using the 2.5amp power supply I gave a link to in post #2

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raspberry-P...pi+2.5+amp+psu

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Nice one. In my book (Which is from 2015) It says that only WAV files can be played from the Pi.This must be dated info.(The book only goes up to PI 2).. Iam FLAC all the way.

Dont worry Greg, Iam now Chilled seeing as my LMS is running correct again.

Just a couple of Simple questions.

Do I need to to Format SD card Before Putting Image on SD..? 9(I will be buying a NEW ONE)

Do I use LMS LogitechMediaServer-7.9.0.exe 66M Windows Executable; from the list of LMS Downloads (Iam using a Windows 7/64 P.C.)

Do I use " The Audio optimized version of pCP3.20beta)" Download..?

thanks all..

Do I need to to Format SD card Before Putting Image on SD..? 9(I will be buying a NEW ONE)

Do I use LMS LogitechMediaServer-7.9.0.exe 66M Windows Executable; from the list of LMS Downloads (Iam using a Windows 7/64 P.C.)

thanks all..

Probably don't need to format a new card, but I always do quick format in Windows (fat32).

The down loading and installing of LMS is all done within piCorePlayer or Max2play webgui, and it's NOT a Windows .exe

You don't need the Audio version, you're not using the pi as a player?
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Probably not but is always a good idea, I use "SDFormatter V4.0" with "Format size adjustment" ON

Only if you're using a windows PC as a LMS SERVER, if you're talking about using Pcp as a combined Server/Player or just server then no it is included in Pcp

Start with the standard, move to Audio if needed and after becoming fammilliar with Pcp

Good luck and have fun !

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Oh well I was too slow !!
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

For both player and server, you only need to burn a freshly downloaded image of your Raspberry Pi OS of choice. Once burnt and inserted in the Pi, you can boot, access the web interface and start installing and configuring (in our and most other OS).

edit: wow, I was even slower

To make up for it, here's a video series detailing all the steps for some common applications like LMS, Spotify and sound card usage.
    Last edited by Max2Play; 2017-04-26 at 03:54.

Thanks for Info. Not using Pi as player. Just to serve My SBT (Upstairs) via H/D, So No hifiberry/DAC Needed. Someone on the thread Recommended MAX2PLAY over Pi core for just Server.But will get 2 SD CARDS and try them both..

was going down the NAS route, but really fancy having a go at this.I know somefolk "Point" there Razzies at there NAS'S Anyway.. and its a lot cheaper.( Just need to back up my backups !)