Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Touch with QNap

I've recently got a new broadband provider and now can't remember how to get my Squeezebox Touch working. If I try to get to MyMusic it tells me it can't find SqueezeServer running.

I can get to my Qnap admin and SqueezeServer says it's running. Unfortunately I can't get to the Squeezebox web interface via my laptop and says the site can't be reached. I seem to remember I needed to set up a static ip or playing with Putty, but I may be barking up the wrong tree. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should try?

Thanks

What happens when you click on the Icon on the QNAP admin page? It then should load the right IP address on the right port. On QNAP the port usually is set to 9001.
    Your Touch and the SqueezeServer must be in the same Subnet of your network. Please post the IP addresses of the QNAP and the Touch.

Thanks for your reply!

Clicking on the Open in the Apps section of the Qnap (http://192.168.1.65:8080/cgi-bin/) takes me to http://192.168.1.65:9001/, which is the path I've always been able to get the Squeezebox Web App which brings up the "This site canĺt be reached. 192.168.1.65 refused to connect." error.

The IP of my Touch according to my router is: 192.168.1.101

Then try to reach SSOTS on 192.168.1.65:9099. Maybe you can start the server there or at least get an status overview.
    If you can't reach this site either, I'd suggest to restart the QNAP.

Wow! I did not know about that!

SqueezeboxServer
    Version : 7.6.1-33110
    Process status : not running (crashed as PID 7679)

Sure I've rebooted since I first plugged it in, but I'll give it a go! Strange that QNap app seems to say it's running, but the status on there says not!

That fixed it! Sometimes you can look too hard at a problem!

(Turn it off and on again!)

Via SSOTS you could have started the Server without rebooting the NAS. Hava a look around there.
    I'd suggest to update your SqueezeServer. There once was at least the official QNAP package for 7.7.2, now called Logitech Media Server. And meanwhile there is even a 7.9.0 (stable) or a 7.9.1 (nightly). The latter will be updated (usually improved) in a rather high frequence where the first one stands at an nearly as high development with lots of new features.

If you are interested, ask here for further instructions and tell what QNAP you have and what Firmware it is running.

Regards karlek.

Interesting. I didn't even realise new updates were being released since Logitech stopped the Squeezebox.
    My QNap is a TurboStation TS-210 with a 4.1.4 build 20150522.

Squeezebox Touch with QNap

Sorry, I was distracted somehow the last days. (My nieces are here for vacation...)

Since QNAP abandoned the LMS, it's hard to get a copy of the last qpkg. This here should work: https://www.abacus-electronics.de/lm....2_arm-x19.zip

You have to install it manually. But I'm not sure if it's possible zu update your actual version.

After that you could update to the latest version of LMS (7.9.0) or even to a more actual nightly.

To do so, you'll have to apply some patches to the SSOTS, see here for further information. (You'll need to be registered.)
    A final step would be:
    3. In shipped-binaries, change line 68 to include ôarch/*ö. It becomes CPAN/arch/*/Compress/Raw/Zlib.pm"
    otherwise you'll encounter problems when installing plugins.

So it's three steps for 7.9:
    1) change routines.sh
    2) exchange the bash (not a crucial step but at least you got rid of the bash vulnerability bug in SSOTS' bash)
    3) change shipped-binaries

I'd recommend 7.9 because it's full of improvements and new possibilities. For instance "Random Albums", Extended Music Libraries" and "Drag'n Drop".
    Last edited by karlek; 2017-04-21 at 12:44.