Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    opps, garym's just beat you to it...Thanks!

That makes sense.I always noticed the settings were the same. I will keep to web GUI/settings in future.
    Last edited by daleyb; 2017-04-14 at 10:37.

Quote Originally Posted by daleyb View Post
    Never realised you didn't need the control panel.You will have to forgive me (Iam not super tech savvy) And explain to me how that works.Do you do that via Pi/core player..? In my world I just know that after i ripped/tagged a CD and put it in my Folder Library, I scan It in the C/P and off I go with My SBT. Iam just unsure How YOU do it...

Iam very happy to pretend it aint there, but still need to know how the process works...
    No, you do this on the same PC you're running LMS on. But instead of choosing "control panel", you choose "web control"
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

opps, garym's just beat you to it...Thanks!
    I use the LMS web user interface.

Once piCorePlayer is set up (dead easy), you need never touch the OS again, it just runs, 24/7, no more windows updates, AV updates, Malware updates, Adobe updates, Java updates, . . .

And take notice of whatever garym says, he's good
    Server - LMS 7.9.1 > Raspberry Pi3/piCorePlayer 3.21, 25K library on a network drive, cache and playlists on a USB stick.
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Study - RPi 3/piCorePlayer 3.21 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > CA Minx 5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - RPi3/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    And take notice of whatever garym says, he's good
    at only a very limited things!
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

kidstypike..no need to tell me garym good, hes "put up" with me since my humble beginnings on DBPA site/forum.He helped me get to grips with the program and tagging etc..( Iam now pretty good at all that, probably due to the fact that Ive now ripped/Tagged hundreds of CDs!...) He then advised me to Go for a SBT,Hence landing here, which Iam eternally grateful (even in my current "dark Days")

Anyway back to the plot..I notice you can rescan from The SBT too, but never tried that.In someways this setback will push me to go for a Pi and get my tunes off my HD-On P.C. I now realise that folk dont just get purchase NAS's/Pi so there music available 24/7, but to avoid malware and A/V, Updates. Iam taking it that if Your using a Pi only your LMS (Plus OP.system) on it, Resulting in Less conflicting Software issues, like I've just encountered ...

Happy days.

Anyway back to the plot..I notice you can rescan from The SBT too, but never tried that.In someways this setback will push me to go for a Pi and get my tunes off my HD-On P.C. I now realise that folk dont just get purchase NAS's/Pi so there music available 24/7, but to avoid malware and A/V, Updates. Iam taking it that if Your using a Pi only your LMS (Plus OP.system) on it, Resulting in Less conflicting Software issues, like I've just encountered ...

Happy days.
    Exactly. In my own case I use a vortexbox (linux OS) basically just running LMS, holding my music. I would have likely used a Pi or something similar too, but they didn't exist (as far as I know) back when I started. As kidstypike points out, simple is good!

Problem solved...

Got My LMS up and running-Great.Also by SBT Back Singing again..(Hoooorah !)

The problem was due to AVG A/V.took it off (via there removal tool), then I had to contact AVG Again to remove all traces of Policy/dlls/files etc...

Then uninstalled/ Re-Downloaded LMS. there was a Notification about a error Breakpoint issue (Ignored that)...and hey presto it Scanned perfectly.Happy Days.

Iam sure most folk on here dont have files on there P.C. due to conflicting Software,But I cant wait to move my files from P.C.!

BTW: thanks all for help....

Good news! Enjoy....

Got My LMS up and running-Great.Also by SBT Back Singing again..(Hoooorah !)

The problem was due to AVG A/V.took it off (via there removal tool), then I had to contact AVG Again to remove all traces of Policy/dlls/files etc...

Then uninstalled/ Re-Downloaded LMS. there was a Notification about a error Breakpoint issue (Ignored that)...and hey presto it Scanned perfectly.Happy Days.

Iam sure most folk on here dont have files on there P.C. due to conflicting Software,But I cant wait to move my files from P.C.!

BTW: thanks all for help....