Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LMS not re-scanning..?

Apart from MY SBT not playing from "My music" (Although it plays tracks from my Folders-without problem but with no info or artwork). When i go to rescan recent rips it wont let me.Normally I hit the new/changed media button and within minutes the green bar shoots across and tells me new info(eg how many CDS ive ripped etc..)Ive noticed it stops on one CD rip again and again After waiting I just abort (a corrupt rip..?).If I try to clear everything and rescan, it just Stops and terminates. All my files are in flac, never had these probs before.

Heres my recent scanner/server logsSorry got my capture frame in one piccy)

Ive never had any of these problems since I converted to SBT around a year or so ago. Infact, it was flawless and So Impressed bought another 2!

Name:  CropperCapture[26]Thumbnail.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  117.1 KBName:  CropperCapture[24].jpg
Views: 161
Size:  255.4 KB

Also is it possible to know which LMS To download to Windows 7/64 from THE index Of the new version of LMS, Just in case Ive got it wrong.

Many thanks.

LMS not re-scanning..?

> Heres my recent scanner/server logsSorry got my capture frame in one
    > piccy)

Those frames are the least of the problems... just upload the log files.
    Screenshots of text is a useless waste of bandwidth :-).

--

Michael

Good point.Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by daleyb View Post
    Also is it possible to know which LMS To download to Windows 7/64 from THE index Of the new version of LMS, Just in case Ive got it wrong.
    There's only one LMS for regular windows to download.
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Log...Server_v7.9.0/

it's the 2nd one down from top, windows executable.
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Log...rver-7.9.0.exe

Also, I don't know, but I'm guessing there is some sort of network problem where something in your local network is blocking some connections that allow communication of info. Given the recent changes you made, this is highly possible. Can you test this by moving the SBT temporarily to the same router/switch that your PC running LMS is connected and see if you have the same problem. (use headphone or powered speaker connected to TOUCH to see if you hear the audio).
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Iam 99.9% Sure you're correct garym. Ive used AVG Basic free A/V for a couple of years now and they have started to bundle loads of S*it (excuse the french) with it.Tune up, Zen and all the dll's I could ever(not) need.I mistakenly downloaded it on the "Free" 30 day thing and its now Caused havoc. Needless to say its been removed.

The problem is the damage is done and trying to find where to enable/(Or Unable) Tick on/off, unblock Is a nightmare.All of The LMS/jive/Squeezeplay settings are allowed, buts it find where to find the right thing to get the server/SBT all good again.

Ive tried already linking MY SBT to my router(downstairs) and its still the same as upstairs.with "empty" on the Track playlist.(I tried that first to rule out my new RCD consumer switch box-As the problem, which it is not).Will try again though soon.

I thought it may be a corrupt file in my Library DB. but doubt this too.I Have about 60 More CDs to rip then finished (not that you really end ripping/tagging)( (dbpa working fine), then thinking about moving library to EXTERNAL HD , do a defrag, clean cache or even reset etc; then moving files back to PC HD (Or use NAS/Pi or whatever to access library....)

Its frustrating though, after ripping so many CDs I cannot Now play them on my SBT. Looks like I may need to remove the cobwebs off my CD player !

Iam 99.9% Sure you're correct garym. Ive used AVG Basic free A/V for a couple of years now and they have started to bundle loads of S*it (excuse the french) with it.Tune up, Zen and all the dll's I could ever(not) need.I mistakenly downloaded it on the "Free" 30 day thing and its now Caused havoc. Needless to say its been removed.

The problem is the damage is done and trying to find where to enable/(Or Unable) Tick on/off, unblock Is a nightmare.All of The LMS/jive/Squeezeplay settings are allowed, buts it find where to find the right thing to get the server/SBT all good again.

Ive tried already linking MY SBT to my router(downstairs) and its still the same as upstairs.with "empty" on the Track playlist.(I tried that first to rule out my new RCD consumer switch box-As the problem, which it is not).Will try again though soon.

I thought it may be a corrupt file in my Library DB. but doubt this too.I Have about 60 More CDs to rip then finished (not that you really end ripping/tagging)( (dbpa working fine), then thinking about moving library to EXTERNAL HD , do a defrag, clean cache or even reset etc; then moving files back to PC HD (Or use NAS/Pi or whatever to access library....)

Its frustrating though, after ripping so many CDs I cannot Now play them on my SBT. Looks like I may need to remove the cobwebs off my CD player !
    there are so many moving parts in your problem that I have a hard time trouble-shooting. But here's something to try. Create folder with a copy of say, one album from your collection. So now you have a very small test library. Point LMS on your PC to that new test library as the location of your music library. Does it do scanning correctly now? Does the track list show up now?
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    there are so many moving parts in your problem that I have a hard time trouble-shooting. But here's something to try. Create folder with a copy of say, one album from your collection. So now you have a very small test library. Point LMS on your PC to that new test library as the location of your music library. Does it do scanning correctly now? Does the track list show up now?
    True. I could be one tick in getting it all running smoothly..but that tick(or untick could be anywhere).Tried above put 3 cds (ripped flac files ) in folder. c: under " LMS TEST".made sure it was configured Web-control GUI & Control panel etc...When trying rescan- exactly the same no change.My old "new music" had not been removed i did refresh on web GUI.still got "Scan terminated" on control panel)..... Its almost like its locked up (or blocked up.)

Every thing else on P.C. seems to be running fine.But now using no A/V just windows defender-which has perhaps confused all my settings again.

I may just have a P.C. reset( A bit OTT) but it will Clear any left behinds by AVG (Still getting the odd pop up) and can start at SQ.1 AGAIN.

True. I could be one tick in getting it all running smoothly..but that tick(or untick could be anywhere).Tried above put 3 cds (ripped flac files ) in folder. c: under " LMS TEST".made sure it was configured Web-control GUI & Control panel etc...When trying rescan- exactly the same no change.My old "new music" had not been removed i did refresh on web GUI.still got "Scan terminated" on control panel)..... Its almost like its locked up (or blocked up.)

Every thing else on P.C. seems to be running fine.But now using no A/V just windows defender-which has perhaps confused all my settings again.

I may just have a P.C. reset( A bit OTT) but it will Clear any left behinds by AVG (Still getting the odd pop up) and can start at SQ.1 AGAIN.
    Why this fixation with the Control Panel, you don't need it.

I ran LMS for 8 years on Windows (until I saw the light) and never, ever used the Control Panel, EVER.

Mac versions & Linux versions of LMS don't even have a Control Panel, I'm not saying this is where your problem lies, but you'd make things simpler just ignoring it, pretend it isn't there.
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post

I ran LMS for 8 years on Windows (until I saw the light) and never, ever used the Control Panel, EVER.

Mac versions & Linux versions of LMS don't even have a Control Panel, I'm not saying this is where your problem lies, but you'd make things simpler just ignoring it, pretend it isn't there.
    agree. I don't use control panel. Just right click the LMS icon in your tray, choose "web control", then Settings in lower right corner.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post

Never realised you didn't need the control panel.You will have to forgive me (Iam not super tech savvy) And explain to me how that works.Do you do that via Pi/core player..? In my world I just know that after i ripped/tagged a CD and put it in my Folder Library, I scan It in the C/P and off I go with My SBT. Iam just unsure How YOU do it...

Iam very happy to pretend it aint there, but still need to know how the process works...