Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Need help getting Spotify working...

OK, so, I have a Spotify premium family account.

I am running "Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1488878280 @ Wed Mar 8 14:07:50 UTC 2017" on piCorePlayer v3.11

I have my Spotify account entered in mysqueezebox.com and it is showing my account username and "enabled" on all my devices.

Back on LMS, if I install the official Spotify plugin, Spotify (v1.0) nothing really seems to happen. I guess most specifically, based on screenshots I've seen, I was expecting to be able to go to the "Advanced" tab of the LMS Settings and find a Spotify section. But there isn't one. I installed the Spotify Protocol Handler (v1.1.1) and then, under Advanced, I do get a section for Spotify Protocol Handler, which allows me to enter my creds. It even reports that it is successfully signed in.

Now, back at the normal LMS web page, for selecting music, I do have Spotify show up under My Apps. But when I click on it, it simply presents the following error in the left half of the screen:

We have updated the Spotify App. To take advantage of these new and exciting features, please go to www.mysqueezebox.com to enable your Spotify account.

Is there an article that describes exactly what steps are required to get this working? I've perused the beginning and end of the 48 page announcement thread that spans a year and a half, but it seemed to me like I was doing the right stuff.

So, if someone could point me to a good step-by-step, or share some thoughts on what I missed or am doing wrong, it would be appreciated.

Oops. Might have had something to do with the "Enable" button on mysqueezebox.com. I'm all set for now...

Quote Originally Posted by tastewar View Post
    Oops. Might have had something to do with the "Enable" button on mysqueezebox.com. I'm all set for now...
    I just started getting this error too.... How did you get fix the problem?

Cheers,
    Staudie
    ~Staudie

2 Max2Play Pi3 HifiBerry Amp+, 1 Max2Play Pi3 Hifiberry Digi+ Pro w/ 7" touch, 1 SB Touch, & 1 SB Radio

If yours *had* been working, and this problem cropped up recently, then you likely have a different problem. Mine was a setup problem, and I'd never had it working before. The solution in my case was some setting within mysqueezebox.com. I *think* it's on the Player Settings tab under Devices for the Spotify app. By default it's not "enabled" for each player, so I had to go and enable it for each one.

HTH