Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The pre-configured Pi OSes like these are pretty good at going more or less read-only on the SD cards anyway, so lifetime should be good.

I might still have gone with an external NAS for the music though, or at least a usb spinning disk. SD cards are v slow compared to most other storage types.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

hi JeffHart

piCorePlayer is by default a headless player. It's what we use for development and day to day listening.

More info here: http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/...replayer.shtml

The whole piCorePlayer Team (sbp, Paul-, ralphy and Greg Erskine ) are regular visitors here. Sometimes I thought we had too high a profile. Looks like we'll have to ask the "marketing department" for pCP logos.

EDIT: They responded very quickly!

regards
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg Erskine; 2017-04-11 at 15:32.

Greg,

No worries, I haven't spent any time here for a few years and just luck of the draw that it was the M2P posts that I happened accross when I browsed the forums this week. I've finally worked out all the kinks, but if I rebuild, will take a close look at piCorePlayer.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    "You know, I'm all for progress. It's change I object to."
    Mark Twain

LMS 7.9 on Raspberry Pi3 w/200GB SD
    5 Receivers, 1 Boom, 2 Radios, 1 Controller, 1 iPhone & 1 iPad w/iPeng & Squeezebox Apps, 1 Android phone w/Squeezer

Progress update

Fingers crossed, everything is working as expected.

Tried a number of different variations between the different Shairtunes versions, here's what finally worked. Not sure all steps are required

Uninstalled Spotify third party plugin
    Restart LMS
    Install AirPlay plugin
    Restart LMS
    Configure AirPlay settings
    Install Shairtunes 2W
    Restart LMS
    Test Shairtunes - success, first time I was able to get it functioning. Earlier attempts would look like it was working, but no sound
    Install Spotify third party plugin
    Restart LMS
    Configure Spotify
    Test Shairtunes
    Test Spotify

Not sure if the AirPlay plugin is required to install the helper or if it was just changing the install order, Shairtunes before Spotify.
    "You know, I'm all for progress. It's change I object to."
    Mark Twain

LMS 7.9 on Raspberry Pi3 w/200GB SD
    5 Receivers, 1 Boom, 2 Radios, 1 Controller, 1 iPhone & 1 iPad w/iPeng & Squeezebox Apps, 1 Android phone w/Squeezer

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi JeffHart

piCorePlayer is by default a headless player. It's what we use for development and day to day listening.

More info here: http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/...replayer.shtml
    [...]
    Can piCorePlayer be easily configured to output both sound and video (Jivelite) through the Pi's HDMI output?
    Can the HDMI CEC functions of the Pi be accessed?

One last question: Is it easy to set up IR control of Jivelite/Squeezelite ?

Thanks...
    Last edited by rlsx; 2017-04-21 at 03:08.

Quote Originally Posted by rlsx View Post
    Can piCorePlayer be easily configured to output both sound and video (Jivelite) through the Pi's HDMI output?
    Yes. The first configuration box in the Squeezelite settings is to choose the audio destination - and HDMI is in there.

Can the HDMI CEC functions of the Pi be accessed?
    Unfortunately not - at least - not out of the box.
    Would require some integration work - probably to treat the CEC commands in similar way to LIRC input.

One last question: Is it easy to set up IR control of Jivelite/Squeezelite ?
    Yes - you can attach a low price IR sensor to GPIO pins of Raspberry Pi and then configure from web UI of pCP.
    The default remote control supported is the Slimdevices one. It is possible (but a bit more tricky) to add in your own IR remote control device.

Hi folks,
    Sorry I haven't participated in this thread, yet. Flew under the radar.

If there are still any open questions regarding our OS, please let me know.

By the way, CEC is actually a beta feature of our images. There is a default key setting that should work with most TV's, however the assignments might vary.

We also recently added an IR remote for the JustBoom sound cards to our store. Of course, IR works with all Raspberry Pi setups, however, only JustBoom currently has a one-click integration in our web interface. But we are working on setting up a general IR plugin.