Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daleyb View Post
    Jeez, that Consumer switch box cost ú425, and now it may be stopping me streaming upstairs.There must be a way round this, (if thats the problem..)

Tried SBT Downstairs.It works for Internet radio fine (both wifi &ethernet), like it did upstairs.But when i go to "My music" it still tells me to Download media server software mySQUEEZEBOX.COM. I suppose i could download it again.Can anyone drop me the link to squeezeplay/box (using windows 7/ 64). ..please...its seems a lifetime since I needed it...
    This is, I think, just a different version of the initial complaint.

It seems to the networking rather than the SBT that is the problem, Which OS do you have your Music stored on and can you access it with another Media player?

Why not switch it all off, reset the router (this will give all new IP addresses) and let it connect to the internet, then connect the computer, let it settle and then the SBT, or first connect the SBT to the Router after the reset and connect to MySqueezebox dot com.

My music is currently on my 1tb H/D On computer (Windows 7/64) flac files had no real problems before,Checked my DHCP on and my IP address all in sync. Isn't true that I dont have to have a SBT (or any other Squeeze device) to play via sqeezeplay/jive via computer..or in web control panel. I had some recent rips showing up in "New Music" but they wouldnt play on computer-But the Internet radio side works fine.-Just "my music" not coming up(maybe its my taste in music it dont like ). Hopefully its just a Network problem and not a RCD fusebox problem ! A network problem I know I will fix (eventually)

My music is currently on my 1tb H/D On computer (Windows 7/64) flac files had no real problems before,Checked my DHCP on and my IP address all in sync. Isn't true that I dont have to have a SBT (or any other Squeeze device) to play via sqeezeplay/jive via computer..or in web control panel. I had some recent rips showing up in "New Music" but they wouldnt play on computer-But the Internet radio side works fine.-Just "my music" not coming up(maybe its my taste in music it dont like ). Hopefully its just a Network problem and not a RCD fusebox problem ! A network problem I know I will fix (eventually)

Have you had the problem since the new rips?

Is there something different in the manner in which they were ripped (metadata?).

Would it be too much work/time/effort to remove them, do a clear and rescan and then see if the problem is resolved.

Whilst typing I thought about how the folder is mapped for Windows, has the drive letter changed? has Windows dropped the connection at all?

Ronnie

Is it not that it's just connected directly to the internet via mysqueezebox.com, and therefore is not addressing your local LMS library at all?
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Is it not that it's just connected directly to the internet via mysqueezebox.com, and therefore is not addressing your local LMS library at all?
    I have downloaded squeezeplay, server, control panel again.In My sqeezebox.com its found my SBT. However, its states NOT connected to squeezeplay.

Also, on my Touch on "Server" info it states LMS: NOT CONNECTED. LIBARY NAME: not connected.It does state Iam registered with Mysqueezebox..(Hoorah!). The First Ping says Iam connected, but the second ping says Not connected.

My web control looks a little different and no info can be found.Its also not letting me into settings..Ive never had these probs before..

The good news is its not My new consumer switch box. and the connection from TPLINK Is working.

PLAN B: just registered with AVG 30 Days free, maybe some firewall blocking something, will delete it.
    PLAN C: reset my router, turn eveything off and try again.
    PLAN D : any ideas..?

In other words, i am bang on the money. Your SBT is connected only to mysb.com and not to your local LMS library. Connect it to your local LMS library.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    In other words, i am bang on the money. Your SBT is connected only to mysb.com and not to your local LMS library. Connect it to your local LMS library.
    On the Touch itself, on the screen select "my music" and then it should offer up the option of connecting to the LMS that is running in your home.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

After uninstalling AVG anti-virus things seemed to get better..Ive now got "My music" ON and its showing Full lists & artwork with album title-great. However, when I go into the album its got "Empty" (So no music or titles to play). Looking at my Server info section its still got that it not " Pinging" (the one under Library name).

BTW, in my Squeezebox.com settings its oddly enough telling me Iam not connected to neither squeeze player or squeezeplay.. and yep I did refresh the page.The settings in web control have found my SBT (hoorah) but again showing only art and album..no tracks.

Hi Garym..hope your well...(I actually started to believe I was getting good at this streaming thing)

After uninstalling AVG anti-virus things seemed to get better..Ive now got "My music" ON and its showing Full lists & artwork with album title-great. However, when I go into the album its got "Empty" (So no music or titles to play). Looking at my Server info section its still got that it not " Pinging" (the one under Library name).

BTW, in my Squeezebox.com settings its oddly enough telling me Iam not connected to neither squeeze player or squeezeplay.. and yep I did refresh the page.The settings in web control have found my SBT (hoorah) but again showing only art and album..no tracks.

Hi Garym..hope your well...(I actually started to believe I was getting good at this streaming thing)
    Hi daleyb. I'm doing well! Regarding your issue, I'm a bit confused with your latest report. I *think* you're saying that in LMS you can see your music in the webGUI. When you go to mysqueezebox.com it SHOULD be telling you that your Squeezebox Touch Player is NOT connected to mysqueezebox.com. That is correct if your SBT is instead connected to LMS. Which is what you want to play your music.

What does squeezeplayer or squeezeplay have to do with your issue with the SBT?

Also, in LMS, can you see the SBT as a player in the upper right hand side drop down player menu? And if so, does it show up under the LMS server you are using?
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

In the Web GUI drop down menu (Top right) Ive got my SBT Showing then Squeezeplay. However, even if I swap library neither will access song titles I Only see "Empty" (same on the SBT).in "player" settings in the web GUI Both squeezeplay & SBT are there.In "Interface" Ive made sure NUMBER;TITLE by Artist are set... So I am a baffled why no tracks are shown, only artwork and title.

Heres a piccy of whats there.. Also,When downloading LMS I get a error message, I just hit the retry button and then it downloads (but I doubt that anything to do with my probs.)

Name:  CropperCapture[12]Thumbnail.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  18.2 KBName:  CropperCapture[11]Thumbnail.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  48.9 KB