Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SBT Not connecting to network..

Hi all.

Had my SBT disconnected for a while due to a few home improvements.When connecting back I can get Favourites /Internet Radio playing fine, However, "My music" (from computer-downstairs) wont play.So on my SBT it tells me to connect to Network (which I have) . Have "switched"library etc.. and "not connected to a computer" (which it is..) Checked Ethernet Connection (Which is fine)....The web control panel is showing "my SBT player" and squeezeplay (in right hand corner) and my newly ripped music...If I play squeezeplay it takes me into web site MY SQUEEZEBOX SITE, where I have registered anyway...

Must be doing a small something wrong here..

Quote Originally Posted by daleyb View Post
    Hi all.

Had my SBT disconnected for a while due to a few home improvements.When connecting back I can get Favourites /Internet Radio playing fine, However, "My music" (from computer-downstairs) wont play.So on my SBT it tells me to connect to Network (which I have) . Have "switched"library etc.. and "not connected to a computer" (which it is..) Checked Ethernet Connection (Which is fine)....The web control panel is showing "my SBT player" and squeezeplay (in right hand corner) and my newly ripped music...If I play squeezeplay it takes me into web site MY SQUEEZEBOX SITE, where I have registered anyway...

Must be doing a small something wrong here..

Two suggestions from me, just pull the power plug on the SBT, wait a few secs, then plug in again,
    or
    do a reset using the button on the back of the SBT

atb

Ronnie

It has to be on the same network segment as your LMS and have unrestricted access to it, i.e. no firewalls etc etc. Is it possible your router has changed its IP since the long downtime?
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

tried the reset/ on/off plug route...No Joy.I think Drmatts closer to the problem. I did download a anti-virus program (AVG-FREE) Recently, So maybe a firewalls kicked in thats caused it..?, But if LMS is already running maybe thats not the answer.

When I did a Reset it said my DHCP ADDRESS was not there and when I tried to put in my Routers password, it wouldnt let me..I could go the manual address route as its asking for my IP ADDRESS, sub netmask of network and gateway IP ADDRESS/dns server using...

Never did this before...it just worked and connected out of the box..Once there up and running they are stable and great (I now have 3 SBTs) but if Iam Knocked off a network sometimes I struggle to get um' back on...but often it one small thing Iam missing !

tried the reset/ on/off plug route...No Joy.I think Drmatts closer to the problem. I did download a anti-virus program (AVG-FREE) Recently, So maybe a firewalls kicked in thats caused it..?, But if LMS is already running maybe thats not the answer.

When I did a Reset it said my DHCP ADDRESS was not there and when I tried to put in my Routers password, it wouldnt let me..I could go the manual address route as its asking for my IP ADDRESS, sub netmask of network and gateway IP ADDRESS/dns server using...

Never did this before...it just worked and connected out of the box..Once there up and running they are stable and great (I now have 3 SBTs) but if Iam Knocked off a network sometimes I struggle to get um' back on...but often it one small thing Iam missing !
    Ok so DHCP did not work on your router ? Is it broken .....

But as you did a manual setup make sure :

The ip you gave it don't conflict with any other ip on the network ( manual ip should be outside of routers dhcp range ).
    That subnet mask is correct and the same as anything else on the network .
    DNS and gateway settings are the same as everything else often this is the routers base ip .

Look at your PC with ip config the only difference should be the last digit in the IP address 192.168.0.x or similar the rest should be the same in the most simple of setups.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

O.K. perhaps completely off the mark here, But as part of the "home Improvements" had a new Consumer unit mains fuse box fitted (17th edition 2006/U.K.) For Safety Regs. seeing This gives RCD Cut off, (handy if I cut my hedge cut the cable etc..)...I was thinking, seeing as Iam using TP LINK Plug from downstairs with computer HD TO SERVE MY SBT/hi-fi (upstairs) that the new fuse box is blocking the signal somehow.... Asked my sparky about this and said this wouldn't make a difference..

I realise that the tplink shouldn't be fitted alongside other plugs in a plug mains block (only in single socket-which I always do) and even the "passthrough" plugs, you have to be careful whats "passing through" Them.

Did read this:http://www.techanswers.org.uk/answer...rotection.html

and on amazon Review: "Despite being shown working over 3 floors, because most UK homes have a separate ring main circuit for each floor the units won't usually operate between floors. TP-Link do state that, "The Powerline adapters need to be connected to the same electrical circuit" but they should be more explicit & state same ring main circuit.
    I easily got the units to connect & then sync with my Wi-Fi, but only on the same floor; when I moved the receiver to a different floor (& ring main circuit) it lost connection.
    Before you buy, check your consumer unit (main fuse box) to make sure that the place you want to use the units are on the same ring main circuit."

Of course its perhaps nothing to do with this..But my IP AND IP address hasn't changed.But will check all advice from all you kind and helpful folk...

To be fair, they do sometimes work over different ring mains, it really depends on the wiring integrity through the fuse box, and other sources of interference. They have even been seen to work in another *property* through two fuse boxes.

I do believe that RCDs can make it harder for the signal to propagate​ however.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

At least with X10 you can simply bridge the circuits with a capacitor.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

O.K. perhaps completely off the mark here, But as part of the "home Improvements" had a new Consumer unit mains fuse box fitted (17th edition 2006/U.K.) For Safety Regs. seeing This gives RCD Cut off, (handy if I cut my hedge cut the cable etc..)...I was thinking, seeing as Iam using TP LINK Plug from downstairs with computer HD TO SERVE MY SBT/hi-fi (upstairs) that the new fuse box is blocking the signal somehow.... Asked my sparky about this and said this wouldn't make a difference..

I realise that the tplink shouldn't be fitted alongside other plugs in a plug mains block (only in single socket-which I always do) and even the "passthrough" plugs, you have to be careful whats "passing through" Them.

Did read this:http://www.techanswers.org.uk/answer...rotection.html

and on amazon Review: "Despite being shown working over 3 floors, because most UK homes have a separate ring main circuit for each floor the units won't usually operate between floors. TP-Link do state that, "The Powerline adapters need to be connected to the same electrical circuit" but they should be more explicit & state same ring main circuit.
    I easily got the units to connect & then sync with my Wi-Fi, but only on the same floor; when I moved the receiver to a different floor (& ring main circuit) it lost connection.
    Before you buy, check your consumer unit (main fuse box) to make sure that the place you want to use the units are on the same ring main circuit."

Of course its perhaps nothing to do with this..But my IP AND IP address hasn't changed.But will check all advice from all you kind and helpful folk...
    This change a lot did not know you use homeplugs :/

I would day try the setup with ethernet or wifi to the main router or switch
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Jeez, that Consumer switch box cost £425, and now it may be stopping me streaming upstairs.There must be a way round this, (if thats the problem..)

Tried SBT Downstairs.It works for Internet radio fine (both wifi &ethernet), like it did upstairs.But when i go to "My music" it still tells me to Download media server software mySQUEEZEBOX.COM. I suppose i could download it again.Can anyone drop me the link to squeezeplay/box (using windows 7/ 64). ..please...its seems a lifetime since I needed it...