Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Just checked and this flac file plays on my Digi+ Pro on a rpi2 using pcp 3.11, standard kernel and I can play a standard 44.1K flac right afterward using coax.

Are you using the audio kernel?
    Thanks for doing that. Good to know the files are OK. I have tried 96KHz with 3.11 (WiFi), 3.11 Audio (WiFi), 3.20beta5 (WiFi), 3.20beta6audio (LAN connection) all with the same result.

Raspi Zero W - newconfig.cfg

Hi everybody, i am new here. I am using daphile and a squeezelite client on a raspi (raspbian) very happily.

Now i wanted to install picoreplayer on a raspberry zero w. And i dont get it to work.

What i did until now:
    Downloaded piCorePlayer3.20beta6.img
    Burnt it to a ssd with Win32DiskImager
    Downloaded newconfig.cfg and changed it to the following content:

#########################
    # Edit the variables below to setup a wifi based system without LAN access
    # Change Wifi to "on". Valid options for Encryption are "WEP", "WPA" or "OPEN"
    WIFI="on"
    SSID="FB7362"
    PASSWORD="password"
    ENCRYPTION="WPA"
    # End Wifi setup
    ##########################

then copied the file to the pcp partition of the ssd.
    Put the card in the raspi zero w and powered it up.
    It is starting up, the led is blinking for a while, until its a unintermitted green light.

But the raspi doesnt appear on my router.

When i power it of and check the ssd, i see that newconfig.cfg disappeared / was deleted.

Every help is very much appreciated. Thank you very much

Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    ..If the product is made by Hifiberry, then rpi3 onboard wifi is almost guaranteed to fail.
    I dont understand, I have two hifi berry hat's, one digi+ one dac+, both work fine with rPi3 built in wifi

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    In both 3.11 and 3.20 96KHz files appear to play but no sound comes out. I use a Digi+ with optical output into my Caiman SEG DAC. Coax does not work either. Afterwards, no other files will play (44KHz or streaming) until I reboot PCP. The same files work fine with my SBTouch into the same DAC. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    This is a free sampler 24/96 track from HDTracks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd2isn7jii...%20X.flac?dl=0

I have converted this to WAV 24/96, same result. Converted to 24/48 it works. All work on by SBTouch and Foobar2000.
    that file plays fine for me. running pCP 3.11, internal wifi rPi3, hifiberry digi+ coax out to a audio-gd dac. a number of 44.1 and 48 files played OK afterwards too
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |

Quote Originally Posted by huxmut View Post
    I dont understand, I have two hifi berry hat's, one digi+ one dac+, both work fine with rPi3 built in wifi
    This was meant for the "pro" boards. The first versions of the board interfered with the rpi3 wifi. I'm not sure when they fixed the problem.

with all these different dac hats you devs sure have it easy
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |

Raspi Zero W - newconfig.cfg Now working fine

My router was using channel 12 or 13. Didnt have this in my head. Now on a lower channel everything is working fine!

Quote Originally Posted by thornton View Post
    Hi everybody, i am new here. I am using daphile and a squeezelite client on a raspi (raspbian) very happily.

Now i wanted to install picoreplayer on a raspberry zero w. And i dont get it to work.

What i did until now:
    Downloaded piCorePlayer3.20beta6.img
    Burnt it to a ssd with Win32DiskImager
    Downloaded newconfig.cfg and changed it to the following content:

#########################
    # Edit the variables below to setup a wifi based system without LAN access
    # Change Wifi to "on". Valid options for Encryption are "WEP", "WPA" or "OPEN"
    WIFI="on"
    SSID="FB7362"
    PASSWORD="password"
    ENCRYPTION="WPA"
    # End Wifi setup
    ##########################

It is starting up, the led is blinking for a while, until its a unintermitted green light.

When i power it of and check the ssd, i see that newconfig.cfg disappeared / was deleted.

Every help is very much appreciated. Thank you very much

Andreas
    EDIT: Just saw your follow up post.

Hi thornton,

It look like you are doing the right thing.

http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/...ethernet.shtml

When you first power up it will go through a couple of reboots. I wonder if you let it complete its final boot? This will take more than a minute or 2.

The next thing is, are the SSID and password correct?

Do they contain special characters?

Also, don't use a hidden SSID.

You might need to connect a monitor (and keyboard) to see what is happening.

By default, your should see a player called "piCorePlayer" appear in LMS.

regards
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg Erskine; 2017-04-13 at 15:02.

Quote Originally Posted by thornton View Post

I had a similar problem a few days ago. I turned out to be a space in the ssid. Maybe you used some special characters in your ssid or pswd? When I type the ssid with the space into the pcp webinterface there is no problem. Only the newconfig method had problems with the space!

Quote Originally Posted by quadronado View Post
    I had a similar problem a few days ago. I turned out to be a space in the ssid. Maybe you used some special characters in your ssid or pswd? When I type the ssid with the space into the pcp webinterface there is no problem. Only the newconfig method had problems with the space!
    My reproducable problem was, that my router used a wifi channel 13 or even above, which is above the normal (at least eurpean range).
    So changing the channel to 6 made the connection possible.

In the beginnng i had some little crackling (using a Usb Dac). In the squeezelite settings i added a "-r 44100" and the crackling is gone

And its working like a charm now.

my wifi is working again with beta7 (skipped beta6)

is anyone getting 24bit over hdmi?
    i get samplerates up to 192000 fine, but the bitrate stays according to hw_params at 16 bit.
    thats the last bit thats not working for me.
    thanks for this great product.