Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The startup commands from PCP are perfectly normal. Can you check the diagnostics pages to see if there are errors in dmesg? (or just ssh into your box and run dmesg) You might also check your cables, to make sure you didn't unseat the ribbon cable while changing your SD card.
    I decided to start over by re-writing the image to the SD card and everything is OK now. I think the first time there was a problem while downloading Jivelite. The second time Jivelite downloaded, the options for VU meters also downloaded. These didn't download the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloCuencano View Post
    I decided to start over by re-writing the image to the SD card and everything is OK now. I think the first time there was a problem while downloading Jivelite. The second time Jivelite downloaded, the options for VU meters also downloaded. These didn't download the first time.
    Ok, good. I'll check the install routine to make sure it downloads correctly before we set Jivelite to start. Thanks for the followup.

Hi Paul-

Jivelite downloaded and worked fine when I tested it.

A couple of points come to mind.

1. Jivelite requires a resizefs, then reloading. I think people could forget to come back and try again to load jivelite after resize.
    2. Temporary problem with the download server.

regards
    Greg

[QUOTE=Greg Erskine;880099]

1. Jivelite requires a resizefs, then reloading. I think people could forget to come back and try again to load jivelite after resize.

[/QUOTE,]

This was probably my problem the first time; I did forget to resize the file system before downloading Jivelite. However, pCP gave a warning about insufficient size and then ran the resizing script when I tried to download Jivelite, so I assumed everything had been done correctly. But apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Hi Paul-

Jivelite downloaded and worked fine when I tested it.

A couple of points come to mind.

2. Temporary problem with the download server.

regards
    Greg
    Whatever the cause of the failed download is not what bothers me. His pCP startup screen showed " Starting Jivelite" Which can only happen if the Jivelite installed configuration variable is set. I rechecked the download code, That variable is only set with a successful download of jivelite. So I'm not sure what happened.

@Anglo, When you installed the 3.20 image, did you start with config on a USB stick?

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    @Anglo, When you installed the 3.20 image, did you start with config on a USB stick?
    No, I just did a fresh install on the SD, and then configured everything from scratch when the web GUI came up.

Thanks for the update! Installation went smoothly (after some RTFM moments wrt. wireless setup...). The only peculiarity I'd mention is the refresh duration being too short after some actions. Eg. when I tried to install jivelite, I obviously had to expand the filesystem. After doing so the web UI would try to automatically refresh the page after 30(?) seconds. On my Pi2 with wlan only this wasn't long enough, resulting in an error page. The same happened after the jivelite installation (refresh=5). I think those values can be a bit more generous, as there's a "click here to refresh" button anyway on that page.

Oh, and the web UI feels indeed quite a bit snappier.

Nice job!
    Last edited by mherger; 2017-04-04 at 01:05.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR

Successful installation!Looks great!No issues so far.

Hello Gents,

Running a RPi3 with Allo BOSS DAC and get a loud pop on some, not all manual track changes...not sure if this is an Allo or pCP issue.
    Any suggestions?

Otherwise, sounds fantastic...

Quote Originally Posted by bb3ii View Post
    Hello Gents,

Running a RPi3 with Allo BOSS DAC and get a loud pop on some, not all manual track changes...not sure if this is an Allo or pCP issue.
    Any suggestions?

Otherwise, sounds fantastic...
    The Allo boss was heavily tested. I'm running it right now. No issues. What else is in your setup? Which kernel, what type of audio files?