Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Still a problem with Samba in last beta

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    We'll be starting a new thread for the release version. But for the Beta guys out there, the release version is available for insitu_update.

-Minor tweaks from the last beta.
    -Reloading the reboot page should no longer reboot your pCP device again.
    -You can now do an insitu_update and change from pcpCore to pcpAudioCore, and vise versa.

For the adventuresome 3.11 users reading this, If you do a hotfix (Near the bottom of the Main Page in Beta Mode), this will install a small fix that, that will allow you to do an insitu_update to 3.20. By my tests, if you are using a 3.11 image, when you install 3.20, you should have about 180k of disk space left on the boot partition. 99% Full. In my mind this is a bit risky, but I suppose if your card is not easily pulled, give this a try. Worse case you have to pull your card and reflash.
    In the last beta Samba network share still won't work unless a Samba user is added manually. In addition, the new Samba user goes away when the system is restarted. I found that I could fix this by adding /usr/local/var/lib/samba/private/passdb.tdb to /opt/.filetool.lst.

Ignore if this was fixed for the 3.20 release.
    SB3 / Synology NAS running Logitech Media Server 7.9.0 / Squeeze Lite on Raspberry Pi 2 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by dhull View Post
    In the last beta Samba network share still won't work unless a Samba user is added manually. In addition, the new Samba user goes away when the system is restarted. I found that I could fix this by adding /usr/local/var/lib/samba/private/passdb.tdb to /opt/.filetool.lst.

Ignore if this was fixed for the 3.20 release.
    Nothing was changed with samba in 3.20 from 3.11. You have always had to set the password from the web interface...... this adds a user and password.

usr/local/var/lib/samba is already added to the backup set. That takes care of everything recursively below.

Regression?

Nothing was changed with samba in 3.20 from 3.11. You have always had to set the password from the web interface...... this adds a user and password.

usr/local/var/lib/samba is already added to the backup set. That takes care of everything recursively below.
    I'll test this again with 3.20 release, but it did not work for me in the Beta.
    SB3 / Synology NAS running Logitech Media Server 7.9.0 / Squeeze Lite on Raspberry Pi 2 & 3

3.2 beta

Thanks guys, another donation made. I am pretty pumped to be able to hear my Allo Boss.

I just did in-situ updates to all 3 of my pCp players. I tried updating to the "audio" on one and while it updated, the Ratlink wifi wouldn't work, so I connected an ethernet cable and updated again - but this time to standard pCp. Working now.

RPi 2B, Kali reclocker, I2S generic DAC on 2 pCps and a MamboBerry I2S DAC.
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

For some strange reason i can never get the WiFi working on the 3.20 beta's or final using the Pi3 WiFi all i get is
    Scanning......

No wifi devices found!

Possible error:

1. USB wifi adapter missing - insert adapter.
    2. wifi drivers and firmware missing - reboot required.

Setup
    Pi3
    piCorePlayer 3.20 Audio
    KOPPLA 3 USB power supply
    Raspberry Pi 7" touchscreen
    HiFi Berry DAC+ plus have also used a Meridian Explorer 2 DAC

WiFi works fine when using a BiPAC 3011N dongle

Just tried the normal version of 3.20 which works fine as did the Audio optimized version of pCP3.11
    Last edited by Eyerex; 2017-04-24 at 09:08. Reason: Extra info

Quote Originally Posted by Eyerex View Post
    For some strange reason i can never get the WiFi working on the 3.20 beta's or final using the Pi3 WiFi all i get is
    Scanning......

No wifi devices found!

Possible error:

1. USB wifi adapter missing - insert adapter.
    2. wifi drivers and firmware missing - reboot required.

Setup
    Pi3
    piCorePlayer 3.20 Audio
    KOPPLA 3 USB power supply
    Raspberry Pi 7" touchscreen
    HiFi Berry DAC+ plus have also used a Meridian Explorer 2 DAC

WiFi works fine when using a BiPAC 3011N dongle

Just tried the normal version of 3.20 which works fine as did the Audio optimized version of pCP3.11
    Works fine here, If I had to guess, there is a channel conflict on your router. Try changing your channel.

I updated my 4 players and my LMS now to 3.20 with no problems after running the hotfix - all seems to have gone fine. One very minor thing - the output settings for the USB cards seem to get lost in the upgrade - in the UI at least. Just needed to go into the UI and reselect the correct output settings.

Wi Fi Dongle issues with new releases.

Works fine here, If I had to guess, there is a channel conflict on your router. Try changing your channel.
    pCP Team, WiFi dongle issues are a recurring theme with new releases, probably because of the vast number of dongles available.
    Listing a "preferred " hardware set is probably not a good call as other projects found out in the past, but there is already a very handy table of WiFi Dongles - https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/wifi-dongles .

May I suggest / request that the pCP team update this for new releases with the dongles that work? Then when a report of wifi not working is made a standard reply could be "Refer to https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/wifi-dongles for WiFi dongles that have been proved to work with the new release. Other dongles will be added in the fullness of time."
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    pCP Team, WiFi dongle issues are a recurring theme with new releases, probably because of the vast number of dongles available.
    Listing a "preferred " hardware set is probably not a good call as other projects found out in the past, but there is already a very handy table of WiFi Dongles - https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/wifi-dongles .

May I suggest / request that the pCP team update this for new releases with the dongles that work? Then when a report of wifi not working is made a standard reply could be "Refer to https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/wifi-dongles for WiFi dongles that have been proved to work with the new release. Other dongles will be added in the fullness of time."
    Point taken on updating documentation, but in most cases we can only rely on information we receive from the community, as we have very limited hardware to test. Anyone can make submissions to that list.

But I don't follow the second part of you suggestion. What good does referring someone to a wifi list, when they are trying to make something work? I don't think there is any such thing as "proved to work" when it comes to wifi and linux.