Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

No sound on 96/24 ALAC files

First post! Be gentleů

I've hit problems that I can't solve on my own despite some tinkering and searching of previous threads, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I previously had LMS installed on my NAS, but now have it running on one of my PiCorePlayer boxes ("Kitchen") with my music files still stored on the NAS. This all works, except I can't play hi res audio files (96/24 ALAC) or listen to the 320kps Radio 3 stream. They look like they're playing according to the controller app (iPeng) but no sounds comes out. I have another PCP box ("Living Room") running an older version of PCP, and this will play the hi res files and the Radio 3 HD stream. I'm guessing there's something that needs tweaking on "Kitchen", but I can't figure out what it is. All connections are via wired ethernet.

Many thanks!

"Kitchen"
    PiCorePlayer 3.20b7 normal version (also had the same problems with 3.10 audio-optimised version)
    Squeezelite v1.8.6-945
    FFMpeg libraries installed
    RaspberryPi model 3B
    HiFiBerry Amp+

"Living Room"
    PiCorePlayer 2.05
    Squeezelite v1.8.3-712
    RaspberryPi model B
    HiFiBerry DAC+

I'm no expert

but I suspect it's the sound card. You might check with the HiFiBerry folks just a quick look on their message board came up with this.

https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-...-to-kernel-4-9

https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-...sound-at-48kHz
    (1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Digi + Pro & piCorePlayer 3.20, (1) Touch, (1) Transporter, Samba w/ 2 TB USB Drive for files

Quote Originally Posted by methers View Post
    First post! Be gentleů

I've hit problems that I can't solve on my own despite some tinkering and searching of previous threads, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I previously had LMS installed on my NAS, but now have it running on one of my PiCorePlayer boxes ("Kitchen") with my music files still stored on the NAS. This all works, except I can't play hi res audio files (96/24 ALAC) or listen to the 320kps Radio 3 stream. They look like they're playing according to the controller app (iPeng) but no sounds comes out. I have another PCP box ("Living Room") running an older version of PCP, and this will play the hi res files and the Radio 3 HD stream. I'm guessing there's something that needs tweaking on "Kitchen", but I can't figure out what it is. All connections are via wired ethernet.

Many thanks!

"Kitchen"
    PiCorePlayer 3.20b7 normal version (also had the same problems with 3.10 audio-optimised version)
    Squeezelite v1.8.6-945
    FFMpeg libraries installed
    RaspberryPi model 3B
    HiFiBerry Amp+

"Living Room"
    PiCorePlayer 2.05
    Squeezelite v1.8.3-712
    RaspberryPi model B
    HiFiBerry DAC+
    hi methers,

Did you "Install FFMpeg libraries for Squeezelite"? It might help?

[Main Page] > [Install]

Code:
    Install FFMpeg libraries for Squeezelite** less> 
    This will download and install FFMpeg Libraries from the pCP repository.
    Note:
    Internet access is required.
    The 7MB FFMpeg library adds playback of ALAC and WMA.
    We don't load this by default because of the size.

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    but I suspect it's the sound card. You might check with the HiFiBerry folks just a quick look on their message board came up with this.

https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-...-to-kernel-4-9

https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-...sound-at-48kHz
    Thank you! I can now see that the AMP+ only supports 44.1kHz and 48kHz sample rates.

The weird thing is that is used to work before. Perhaps the audio was being downsampled somewhere without me realising.

I suspect the solution is to bin the AMP+ and use a separate amp.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by methers View Post
    Thank you! I can now see that the AMP+ only supports 44.1kHz and 48kHz sample rates.

The weird thing is that is used to work before. Perhaps the audio was being downsampled somewhere without me realising.

I suspect the solution is to bin the AMP+ and use a separate amp.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can have squeezelite resample streams that are not 44.1 or 48KHz.

Just add -u E to the Upsample setting field on the squeezelite settings tab in the webgui and restart squeezelite.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

upsample in picoreplayer

now I am using rip3b connect usb DAC , my dac support dsd and 24/19200

I want to upsample only 16bit/ 44.1hz to 24bit/192hz . if dsd or high than 16/44.1 don't change
    what command line I need to input in upsample -r 44.1
    because I don't know how to set. thanks
    Last edited by htctyo; 2017-04-22 at 22:27.

piCorePlayer3.20 Release

We'll be starting a new thread for the release version. But for the Beta guys out there, the release version is available for insitu_update.

-Minor tweaks from the last beta.
    -Reloading the reboot page should no longer reboot your pCP device again.
    -You can now do an insitu_update and change from pcpCore to pcpAudioCore, and vise versa.

For the adventuresome 3.11 users reading this, If you do a hotfix (Near the bottom of the Main Page in Beta Mode), this will install a small fix that, that will allow you to do an insitu_update to 3.20. By my tests, if you are using a 3.11 image, when you install 3.20, you should have about 180k of disk space left on the boot partition. 99% Full. In my mind this is a bit risky, but I suppose if your card is not easily pulled, give this a try. Worse case you have to pull your card and reflash.

Hello is this the final build which is now on sourceforge https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/

Quote Originally Posted by Eyerex View Post
    Hello is this the final build which is now on sourceforge https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/
    yes. Complete images are availiable on the sourceforge site.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    We'll be starting a new thread for the release version. But for the Beta guys out there, the release version is available for insitu_update.

-Minor tweaks from the last beta.
    -Reloading the reboot page should no longer reboot your pCP device again.
    -You can now do an insitu_update and change from pcpCore to pcpAudioCore, and vise versa.

For the adventuresome 3.11 users reading this, If you do a hotfix (Near the bottom of the Main Page in Beta Mode), this will install a small fix that, that will allow you to do an insitu_update to 3.20. By my tests, if you are using a 3.11 image, when you install 3.20, you should have about 180k of disk space left on the boot partition. 99% Full. In my mind this is a bit risky, but I suppose if your card is not easily pulled, give this a try. Worse case you have to pull your card and reflash.
    Well, it seems to work ok. I just updated one of mine (the one that's hardest to get at), and it seems to have updated without any problems after installing the hotfix. It gave me ....

[ OK ] Successfully downloaded tce files.
    [ OK ] Free space: 16472k - Required space: 12000k

after downloading before starting the install.