Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer Sueezelite stuck

Hello,
    I'm using PCP 3.11 on Rapsberry PI3 + USB DAC.
    After have chose the right FIQ-Split acceleration (tweaks) in order to avoid some pops, all is working fine.

But each time I come back the next day, Squeezelite is stuck. I have to restart it (only squeezelite, no reboot). After the new listening session is ok (until tomorrow...)

any idea ?
    Thanks.

I would use the cron function on the tweak page to restart or reboot every night.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

I've already tried this but it doesn't work. In fact restart button doesn't work when squeezelite is stuck. I need to push STOP button 2 or 3 times, after that squeezelite is really stopped. After restart button works fine.

Anyway I'd prefer resolve the problem instead of bypass it.

Maybe there is a bug or a bad parameter in my configuration.
    Is there something I could do, look at a specific log, start some traces ... ?
    Last edited by garrigue; 2017-04-03 at 05:30.

hi garrigue,

I think your issue is with your USB DAC and the Raspberry Pi.

You will need to experiment with the other USB DAC settings on the [Tweaks] page.

There may be some information to help here: https://sites.google.com/site/picore...st-of-USB-DACs

regards
    Greg

Thank you Greg,

I also tried different fiq values in tweaks page.This is the same thing, I have this terrible loop the next day.
    My DAC (Yellowtec PUC2 lite, which is a converter usb/spdif in fact) doesn't belong to the list.

Is there a method for finding the right configuration (fiq, ALSA, buffer...) ? Or we have to find and test a lucky combination ?

I experiment the same problem using another DAC (audiophonics U-Sabre) which is well known in the list you mentionned. All is OK, but the day after wahen I come back on LMS application (port 9000), there is a sound loop in the speakers...and I have to kill squeezlite :-(

I had installed the "audio version". I have reinstalled the vanilla version and it's better.

I didn't read this about audio version...

"This version is only recommended for I2S soundcards and hardwired network. The optimizations for audio has been known to interfere with wifi, and for sure will make USB soundcards unstable."

Its good you where able to get it going and thanks for reporting back to the forum to help others.