Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scanning Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Rad Bennett View Post
    I'll go through the list again...but I thought I caught the specific one that does that. Now, when I add titles to iTunes it causes a rescan. I'm surely going to check out the Mondo + when it comes in for review.

Is there a setting NOT in the plug ins that could be doing this?
    Ok so you use LMS iTunes integration ? Not much experience here .
    I avoid iTunes , so I would not know what it does .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

If it were me .....

If it were me and I had no idea what was going on, I would not be looking for other Plug-ins. In fact, I would remove ALL Plug-Ins plus turn off any of the standard options IE go back to basics. Then see what the behavior is in the most basic LMS setting. Then if all is well, start turning on the options you have to have one at a time and see what happens. If all is well at this point, then add only one plug-in at a time until things go nuts again, when they do, that is the problem. Then let everybody know which Plug-in set thing off so you can get feedback if there are compatibility uses with it or with something else already installed, then make the choice of which one not to use.

I also have a huge music collection so a Clear and Rescan ALL is not something I want to do. I only want new music looked for. And speaking of library size, is there a reason you are using 9 drives with some of them 1TB when storage is so cheap? Not trying to be a jerk or busy body, but I don't even have a Laptop or USB drive that is less then 2TB. Upgrading to larger drives reducing the number would probably also increase performance.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive