Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeah I switched to SDT

SDT certainly offers a lot more options! I've got it running but haven't figured out how to configure it just the way I want. SDT is a very cool plugin. I'll have to sit in front of one of my Squeezeboxes with a tablet and fiddle with the settings to see what / how I can display things on my old SB1 and my SB3's.

I'm glad I found out about SDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Sb42 View Post
    Spoke too soon! Woke up this morning and watched it cycle from Rain to Cloudy every 60 seconds (which is my Fetch Interval). Somethings very worng with the data stream for this Plugin. Time for me to try SDT! Can someone please point me to the current download link for SDT?
    This is the one I'm using, most recent version:

http://superdatetimewu.sourceforge.net/repo.xml

Quote Originally Posted by milosz View Post
    SDT certainly offers a lot more options! I've got it running but haven't figured out how to configure it just the way I want. SDT is a very cool plugin. I'll have to sit in front of one of my Squeezeboxes with a tablet and fiddle with the settings to see what / how I can display things on my old SB1 and my SB3's.

I'm glad I found out about SDT.
    Here you'll find all the info you need. I you got questions left just ask. I figured out most things yesterday

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...nsaver/page352
    Last edited by MacMeijers; 2017-04-16 at 01:01.

Thanks for the pointer, I've installed SBT and got an API from WU, but all my SB3 displays in a WU logo and the time. Any ideas?

Thanks for the pointer, I've installed SBT and got an API from WU, but all my SB3 displays in a WU logo and the time. Any ideas?
    Make sure you correctly enter the API key in the settings, and also that you select the way you are specifying the weather station (there's a pull-down). You can select by PWS ID, US zip code, or airport code.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    Make sure you correctly enter the API key in the settings, and also that you select the way you are specifying the weather station (there's a pull-down). You can select by PWS ID, US zip code, or airport code.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I have changed my PWS ID setting and now get some data. However I may be missing something here. All I see is a High Temp and a POP as two lines of quite small text. Weather, Date, Time gave me a display with a weather graphic and text which used the full height and width of the SB3. Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed?

I have changed my PWS ID setting and now get some data. However I may be missing something here. All I see is a High Temp and a POP as two lines of quite small text. Weather, Date, Time gave me a display with a weather graphic and text which used the full height and width of the SB3. Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed?
    There are player-specific settings to configure your SB3, Boom or Transporter displays (go to settings, player tab, and there should be a pull-down to select the SDT settings for that player).
    I may be able to post screen-shot later of my SB3 configuration screen - the settings are not too intuitive (and I've never fully figured out how to use them - I never changed that section of SDT in my update, short of adding additional display strings which can be used to determine which information you want to display).
    The "size" button on your SB3 remote also changes the look of the display (the size of the font used) - I think I always use the middle size.

Also - you may have "extended forecasts" for future days - those can look different too. Try cycling with the up/down arrows on your SB3 remote.
    Last edited by tcutting; 2017-04-18 at 17:51. Reason: additional information

Per yesterday's post, here is a screenshot of my SDT Player settings screen for my SB3.
    Ignore the bottom settings for (display 2) - they are for Transporter (which has two screens).
    Attached Images Attached Images