Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I can tell I'm getting data as it changes when I change location to another city, but in each case the display is incomplete. Just getting "current" and "today" where typically I'd also get next two days.

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    Your issue is different. First, you are using SuperDateTime. Looks like you initially had a networking issue. I suspect your latest issue may be due to your specified weather station having dropped off for some reason. Try specifying a different weather station.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Oops, good spot!

I'm actually using both plugins, one on my SB3 (Weather, Date and Time) and the other on my Boom (SuperDateTime), and I hadn't spotted that in the log. I think I focused too much on the errors and got confused by the fact they both use Wunderground.

I think the last 2 errors I posted are the ones related to this plugin.

However, it has started showing the weather again earlier today.

Working for me again too!

Mine works but my forecast does not, for Weather Date and Time.

My kids keep asking why its going to snow! :P

I went to the Settings and changed mine from metric to imperial, and also changed the wind speed to mph. Restarted LMS and it's working properly (for the last 4 hours). Will reset to metric and kp/h after 24 hours and see what happens.

Imperial units

I've been using imperial units and MPH all along, and I get temperature and wind data that seems accurate now but the forecast is wack.

Does anyone know how this plugin works? I assume there's an XML sheet some place that's used to parse the data from Wunderground's API... if Wunderground has changed their API (which is what I suspect) maybe we need to change the XML. Or something ;-)

I wonder if there is a way to contact Wunderground to find out about their API, has it changed, etc...?

Quote Originally Posted by milosz View Post
    I've been using imperial units and MPH all along, and I get temperature and wind data that seems accurate now but the forecast is wack.

Does anyone know how this plugin works? I assume there's an XML sheet some place that's used to parse the data from Wunderground's API... if Wunderground has changed their API (which is what I suspect) maybe we need to change the XML. Or something ;-)

I wonder if there is a way to contact Wunderground to find out about their API, has it changed, etc...?
    wunderground.com does indeed have an API, but I suspect this particular plugin doesn't use the API. The reason I say this is that I created a version of SuperDateTime a few years ago which does use the wunderground.com API and 1) you need an API "key" to use it (with limited accesses per day) and 2) I haven't seen or heard any recent issues with the wunderground.com version of SuperDateTime (my instance is working properly).

Martin Rehfeld's Weather, Time, Date plugin

According to the listing for this plugin in the plugins list (see sreenshot here below,) it uses data from Weather Underground.... do they have some other way to supply this info aside from their API? Perhaps Rehfeld put an API right into his code...?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Switched to SuperDateTime

I have the same issues last weeks, after years of exellent functioning of the plugin. Switched today to SDT. In fact it's quite easy to put the information you like on the screen. And beside that you get very precise information because you recieve information from a weatherstation in your neighbourhood (the codes are in Wunderground), and not only from an airport nearestby like in WDT. So I'll stick to SDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Sb42 View Post
    I went to the Settings and changed mine from metric to imperial, and also changed the wind speed to mph. Restarted LMS and it's working properly (for the last 4 hours). Will reset to metric and kp/h after 24 hours and see what happens.
    Spoke too soon! Woke up this morning and watched it cycle from Rain to Cloudy every 60 seconds (which is my Fetch Interval). Somethings very worng with the data stream for this Plugin. Time for me to try SDT! Can someone please point me to the current download link for SDT?