Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Weather, Date, and Time v2.2.2 via wunderground still working?

I've used Martin Rehfleld's plugin to display weather on my SB Classic for many years. Over the last week it displays a question mark and 'no data available'. I've rebooted the LMS machine and no change. Does anyone know if this plugin no longer works?

thanks for any help.

diotto for me

It has also stopped working for me for about 3 days

Weather plugin not working

I get the NO DATA question mark almost all the time now. Did Wunderground change their API or something? Did the Wunderground API key used by the plugin "expire" perhaps??

Is Martin Rehfleld still around / active with this plugin?

What do we do to fix this?????

I wrote martin rehfeld

I dropped him an email to see if he is still involved with this, still interested in it, and if he knows anything about this problem.

He replied....

Good morning Bill,

it is always nice to hear that there are still people out there who use the good old Weathertime plugin :-)

Myself, I have not touched or used that software for years, so I sadly can not offer any advice to you.

Cheers,
    Martin

======================================

So I guess I'll just wait a week or two and see if the issue clears up. I suspect it MUST be something with the Wunderground API, with their server

I also emailed Martin and he sent me a similar reply. Curiously today I got weather data for about 10 minutes and then it returned to the question mark. I too agree that Wunderground must have changed, since we all have different setups but the same problem.

Wunderground Data

I get data randomly, about every 20 minutes, for about 10 seconds

Same thing's been happening for me for the last week or so.

On 25th March I started getting these errors in the log, but only on that evening:

[17-03-25 19:28:46.2045] Plugins::SuperDateTime::Plugin::gotErrorViaHTTP (6827) error getting http://api.wunderground.com/api/b5df...IWESTMID9.json
    [17-03-25 19:28:46.2047] Plugins::SuperDateTime::Plugin::gotErrorViaHTTP (6828) Couldn't resolve IP address for: api.wunderground.com

The URL link does actually return JSON data.

A couple of days later on 27th I started seeing this and again on 31st:

[17-03-27 02:45:20.2916] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1233) Warning: [02:45:20.2912] Not an ARRAY reference at Weather/Wunderground.pm line 223.

On 28th/29th/30th and again today (1st April) it changed to:

[17-03-29 01:28:35.5493] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1233) Warning: [01:28:35.5489] Weather::Wunderground: ERROR no forecast data received, location is probably unknown!

All errors are roughly once an hour.

Your issue is different. First, you are using SuperDateTime. Looks like you initially had a networking issue. I suspect your latest issue may be due to your specified weather station having dropped off for some reason. Try specifying a different weather station.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I did see that your query (from your log) returns a good json response. Are you still having issues?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk