Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ultralight (preview) - aresponsive LMS theme

> Ok, I see it. Looks suited to mobile. Is there​ an equivalent, for
    > instance, to LMS in a desktop browser showing "New Music"?

The skin currently is in its early stages, rather limited in its
    functionality. Mostly just the Now Playing screen. Or I missed the
    obvious...

--

Michael

Hmm. Cookies.
    A theme like that would sure make my iPad happy.
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Looks awesome!
    Following the development here! - Want to have this as soon as my SBR is functional again...

UltraLight Skin

Quote Originally Posted by millerdev View Post
    Hey, I'm developing a new LMS theme, and I'm releasing it early so others can try it out. While it has functional player controls and I find it useful, it is far from feature complete. Currently it's really only useful as a supplement to the default LMS theme. Check out the github project for more details: https://github.com/millerdev/lms-ultralight

Disclaimer: currently it requires a patch to the server itself because LMS does not serve the font files (it also does not serve the manifest.json file, but that's less important). My Perl skills are not strong, and I'd appreciate help with getting a better fix implemented in LMS so the patch is not needed. I'd also appreciate tips on the best way to distribute a packaged theme that is easy for less tech-savvy users to install.
    Thanks, this is excellent work and looks great on mobile devices. Hopefully you can get to the add music stage to provide the additional functionality. Keep up the good work. Ynot.

Everything looks great! However I'm having trouble installing it .

I moved the extracted folder to the Plugins folder in LMS folder, I also made sure to unblock the files, however I'm only getting a text display on the web browser. What do I need to do to install this? I apologize in advance for the noob question!

So....

It took all day, but I figured it out.

Windows Installation:

1. Download Perl
    2. Download Node.js
    3. Download Win-Node-ENV
    4. Download Ultralight Zip.
    5. Unblock dll in properties pane of Zip.
    6. Extract Zip
    7. Run CMD within folder
    8. NPM Run Build
    9. NPM Pack
    10. This will generate a TGZ file, extract or convert to .zip and then extract.
    11. Place folder in Plug-in folder.
    12. Copy "dist" folder items and paste into /UltralightSkin/HTML/ultralight/

After trouble shooting every single step in the above I got it to almost work. None of the buttons have an icon on them, just an empty rectangle.

Funny thing... I needed this to work on IE for it to be deployed on Homeseer tablets, when loaded on IE all I get is a blank page! So back to square one!

Installation instructions

The instructions on github could be clearer, sorry about that. I'll try to get that situation improved before too long. I'm also working on some other new features like library search and add items to playlist. In the mean time...

Installation instructions:

Hey Miller,

Would it be possible if you looked into adding support for IE?

I know it would take a significant amount of work to get it to work, but I know there would be ALOT of people that would benefit from your hard work!

Please consider having it work with Legacy IE.

Quote Originally Posted by tfernandezw View Post
    Would it be possible if you looked into adding support for IE? ... Please consider having it work with Legacy IE.
    Oof. That might be tough. I'll see what I can do.

Edit: I have to admit, this is not high on my list of priorities, so it may not get any attention soon (or maybe ever).
    Last edited by millerdev; 2017-12-22 at 14:00.

Quote Originally Posted by tfernandezw View Post
    Would it be possible if you looked into adding support for IE?
    Is there a specific reason you can't run a modern browser?
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953