Synology 7.9.1 packages

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maximus
    • Oct 2010

Can you please explain first what 'playlist' exactly is in this context? Because I have no playlists, only cue sheets. Is this expected behavior that LMS treats these like playlists?

Comment

• pinkdot
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by maximus
      Can you please explain first what 'playlist' exactly is in this context? Because I have no playlists, only cue sheets. Is this expected behavior that LMS treats these like playlists?
      Yes, so you have 7049 playlists in your library. You can easily disable playlist extensions like cue or m3u is you want. In your case I would do 2 things:
      1. disable cue sheets as playlists. Go to Settings-> File Types-> add the fileextensions to 'Disabled Playlist File Extensions' .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170409_100445.png
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1562392

2. don't enter your root music folder as the playlist folder, like, /volume1/music. It will add all playlists, including cue and m3u e.d., to your playlists. If you don't use playlists, just create a separate folder to store your playlists inside /volume1/music.

Click image for larger version

Name:	playlist_location.png
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1562393
      3. do a new and change scan after you made the changes.

Greetings,

Martin
      Last edited by pinkdot; 2017-04-09, 09:42.

Comment

• maximus
        • Oct 2010

OK. Don't quite understand why step 1 would be necessary since step 2 would rule out that it looks for playlists anywhere but the specified folder, no?

Comment

• pinkdot
          • Nov 2009

Hi maximus,

There might be more options I didn't mention. These are just 2. What you want to achieve is to keep the playlist's out of the scan. Just see what works for you.

Comment

• maximus
            • Oct 2010

I did step 2, made an extra folder for the playlists, and took only music folder subfolders for the music source, yet it's still discovering 13'xxx files/directories. Really confusing.

Comment

• maximus
              • Oct 2010

Another question, can LMS not deal with special characters in the filenames? i.e. ä ö ü é è etc.

Comment

• mherger
                Babelfish's Best Boy
                • Apr 2005

Synology 7.9.1 packages

> Another question, can LMS not deal with special characters in the
                > filenames? i.e. ä ö ü é è etc.

It can if they are correctly set. Transferring from Windows to Linux
                using FTP or the like can easily break them, though.

But there's something else I hardly can believe: you have 16k tracks in
                7k playlists? 7k different album covers?

Are your files' metadata tags ok?

And please check Settings/Advanced/Performance: what is the database
                memory parameter set to? You should be able to set it to "high".

--

Michael
                Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• pinkdot
                  • Nov 2009

Another question, can LMS not deal with special characters in the filenames? i.e. ä ö ü é è etc.
                  There used to be some problems with cue sheets not being utf-8 that caused some problems with characters in the past. If that is still valid, I don't know. I don't use WAV and cue sheets. All the WAV files i have are converted to FLAC to embed artwork and id3 tags. Could you upload a cue sheet for me that causes problems?What was the outcome of the scan now the playlists were excluded?
                  Last edited by pinkdot; 2017-04-10, 09:41.

Comment

• KotBajun
                    • Apr 2017

Shared libraries not found after installation of 7.9.1

Hi guys,
                    I'm not sure this is a correct place for the question.

But after installation of LmsRepack, my Touch stopped playing lossless tracks.

When I try to play it shows something like "Unable to play, File not found"

I enabled debug logs for "player.source" and found that LMS was indeed unable to find some files. But that were rather different files that I tried to play.
                    It was looking for "filename#s...", so I figured out it's failing to transcode files to flac.

I found command that was generated by TranscodingHelper and tried to run it.
                    And indeed, command failed with error "error while loading shared libraries: libFLAC.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
                    I checked installation and found that this lib is located in $LMSHOME/lib dir.

So... either lib dir is not added to LD_LIBRARY_PATH or shared libraries from it not copied to /usr/lib (or whatever...)

I was trying to figure out, how to fix it and could only make it work by pre-pending 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<path_to_lms_home>/lib ' before binary name in TranscodingHelper.pm

-481: $binaries{$1} = Slim::Utils::Misc::findbin($1) unless $binaries{$1};
                    +481: $binaries{$1} = 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<path_to_lms_home>/lib ' . Slim::Utils::Misc::findbin($1) unless $binaries{$1};

That helped. But it does not look correct to me.

What is correct was of fixing the issue?

Thanks!

Comment

• KotBajun
                      • Apr 2017

Playback failing after upgrade to LmsRepack 7.9.1

Hi guys,
                      I have a problem with latest Lms version.
                      After installation of LmsRepack 7.9.1 my Touch stopped playing tracks.

It shows something like "File cannot be found"

I enabled debug logs for "player.source" and found out that LMS cannot find files like "<path_to_music_lib>/_CDImage.wv#559.893333333333-724.76"

I figured out that it may be transcoding issues, So I copy pasted command that was generated by TranscodingHelper and tried to execute it directly.
                      Immediately I got error like this: "sox: error while loading shared libraries: libsox.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

This file is located in $LMSHOME/lib

I check both /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib - both lib folders did't contain LMS shared libs.

I didn't want to mess with Synology files, so I ended up modifying TranscodingHelper.pm and prepending LD_LIBRARY_PATH before binary.

482+ : $binaries{$1}= 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/volume1/@appstore/LmsRepack/lib "' . $binaries{$1} . '"';

That helped, and Touch is playing again. But that does not look like a proper solution to me.

What can be wrong with my installation?

Thanks!

Comment

• pinkdot
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by KotBajun
                        Hi guys,
                        I have a problem with latest Lms version.
                        After installation of LmsRepack 7.9.1 my Touch stopped playing tracks.

It shows something like "File cannot be found"

I enabled debug logs for "player.source" and found out that LMS cannot find files like "<path_to_music_lib>/_CDImage.wv#559.893333333333-724.76"

I figured out that it may be transcoding issues, So I copy pasted command that was generated by TranscodingHelper and tried to execute it directly.
                        Immediately I got error like this: "sox: error while loading shared libraries: libsox.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

This file is located in $LMSHOME/lib

I check both /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib - both lib folders did't contain LMS shared libs.

I didn't want to mess with Synology files, so I ended up modifying TranscodingHelper.pm and prepending LD_LIBRARY_PATH before binary.

482+ : $binaries{$1}= 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/volume1/@appstore/LmsRepack/lib "' . $binaries{$1} . '"';

That helped, and Touch is playing again. But that does not look like a proper solution to me.

What can be wrong with my installation?

Thanks!
                        Hi,

Thanks for reporting.
                        Which nas do you have, seems that the path is indeed missing.

(fixed this for Armada375, see new update in Package Center)
                        Last edited by pinkdot; 2017-04-10, 21:19.

Comment

• KotBajun
                          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by pinkdot
                          Hi,

Thanks for reporting.
                          Which nas do you have, seems that the path is indeed missing.

(fixed this for Armada375, see new update in Package Center)
                          Hi, I have x86_64 (DS216+II)

Comment

• maximus
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mherger
                            But there's something else I hardly can believe: you have 16k tracks in
                            7k playlists? 7k different album covers?

Are your files' metadata tags ok?

And please check Settings/Advanced/Performance: what is the database
                            memory parameter set to? You should be able to set it to "high".

Michael
                            No, I have over 100k tracks in about 6'500 albums. Not quite sure where you got the 16k number from.

The only sensible explanation I have for the 13k number in the scanning is that it counts each music (.wav) file AND each .cue file.

Performance is already set to 'high'.

Comment

• maximus
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by pinkdot
                              There used to be some problems with cue sheets not being utf-8 that caused some problems with characters in the past. If that is still valid, I don't know. I don't use WAV and cue sheets. All the WAV files i have are converted to FLAC to embed artwork and id3 tags. Could you upload a cue sheet for me that causes problems?What was the outcome of the scan now the playlists were excluded?
                              I will give a very brief history of my Umlaute (character) issues first.

LMS on Windows first wasn't able to handle special chars in filenames, then later it was. This is just about the time I switched to Mac, where it never worked.
                              (Just to be clear, track names within the .cue sheets always were read correctly, just the filenames didn't work.)
                              So what I did was to manually rename some of the files, but just the ones that were important for me to find when browsing on LMS. The rest I want to clean up now.

Unfortunately, the Mac somehow fu**ed up my cue sheets. For example, it changed all ä to ‰, ö to ˆ and ü to ¸. At some point I will have to run a batch script to change this back.

Anyway, because of this the scan obviously couldn't find some files. Here's an example:

Slim::Formats::Playlists::CUE:arse (473) Error: Couldn't find referenced FILE: [/volume1/music/Ripped CDs/CH/Asita Hamidi's Bazaar - Nafâs.wav] on disk! Skipping!

(This was because â was changed to ‚)

Here's where it gets strange though. I manually copy-pasted the filename back into the .cue sheet for a few albums. Scanning still didn't work after this:

Slim::Formats::Playlists::CUE:arse (473) Error: Couldn't find referenced FILE: [/volume1/music/Ripped CDs/CH/Asita Hamidi's Bazaar - Naf‰s.wav] on disk! Skipping!

LOL, just got a step closer to the solution. Because in the scanner, it reads 'Asita Hamadi's Bazaar - Nafs.wav'. However, just now when I copy-pasted it ‰ showed up. I clearly have some character encoding issues, I have to look into this.

Edit: To be very precise, the forum actually changed the symbol for unknown character to ‰. Before I submitted my post, it showed as unknown character.

Edit 2: OK, this is clearly just a presentation error. Mac TextEdit displays wrong characters, Windows Editor and the LMS software the right ones. Regarding the file names, I'm just manually removing special chars from all of them now, this is probably the fastest way to fix this.
                              Last edited by maximus; 2017-04-11, 10:02.

Comment

• Mnyb
                                • Feb 2006

I will give a very brief history of my Umlaute (character) issues first.

LMS on Windows first wasn't able to handle special chars in filenames, then later it was. This is just about the time I switched to Mac, where it never worked.
                                (Just to be clear, track names within the .cue sheets always were read correctly, just the filenames didn't work.)
                                So what I did was to manually rename some of the files, but just the ones that were important for me to find when browsing on LMS. The rest I want to clean up now.

Unfortunately, the Mac somehow fu**ed up my cue sheets. For example, it changed all ä to ‰, ö to ˆ and ü to ¸. At some point I will have to run a batch script to change this back.

Anyway, because of this the scan obviously couldn't find some files. Here's an example:

Slim::Formats::Playlists::CUE:arse (473) Error: Couldn't find referenced FILE: [/volume1/music/Ripped CDs/CH/Asita Hamidi's Bazaar - Nafâs.wav] on disk! Skipping!

(This was because â was changed to ‚)

Here's where it gets strange though. I manually copy-pasted the filename back into the .cue sheet for a few albums. Scanning still didn't work after this:

Slim::Formats::Playlists::CUE:arse (473) Error: Couldn't find referenced FILE: [/volume1/music/Ripped CDs/CH/Asita Hamidi's Bazaar - Naf‰s.wav] on disk! Skipping!

LOL, just got a step closer to the solution. Because in the scanner, it reads 'Asita Hamadi's Bazaar - Nafs.wav'. However, just now when I copy-pasted it ‰ showed up. I clearly have some character encoding issues, I have to look into this.

Edit: To be very precise, the forum actually changed the symbol for unknown character to ‰. Before I submitted my post, it showed as unknown character.

Edit 2: OK, this is clearly just a presentation error. Mac TextEdit displays wrong characters, Windows Editor and the LMS software the right ones. Regarding the file names, I'm just manually removing special chars from all of them now, this is probably the fastest way to fix this.
                                NB you probably know .

Linux and therefore most NAS is case sensitive so Album.wav is not the same as album.wav !

That can happen to you if copy cue files from windows....
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
                                Bedroom/Office: Boom
                                Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
                                Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
                                iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
                                (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
                                server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

Working...