Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadBanger View Post
    All working OK so far with 1815+.

Thanks Martin.

HB
    Hi HB,

Good news!
    Did you manage to install LmsRepack by adding the repo to the package center?

Greetings,

Martin

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk
    -LMS on Raspian Stretch
    -RPI 3 (Moode 3.8 + Raspotify + Squeezelite), Allo Boss DAC- Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i
    -2x Radio
    -Laptop - openSUSE Leap - Squeezelite

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdot View Post
    Hi HB,

Good news!
    Did you manage to install LmsRepack by adding the repo to the package center?

Greetings,

Martin

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk
    The repo did not prompt an update but I had assumed this was only working for ARM based models right now?

I downloaded and manually installed it.

HB

Quote Originally Posted by HeadBanger View Post
    The repo did not prompt an update but I had assumed this was only working for ARM based models right now?

I downloaded and manually installed it.

HB
    The package for X86_64 is in the same repo. So if its added in Package center you should see the package in the community tab. Hopefully ;-)
    -LMS on Raspian Stretch
    -RPI 3 (Moode 3.8 + Raspotify + Squeezelite), Allo Boss DAC- Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i
    -2x Radio

I have added the repo and refreshed all screens. Doesn't seem to turn up under Community. Synology NAS 216+ (Intel based)

Name:  lmsrepack.png
Views: 456
Size:  12.1 KB
    Name:  community.png
Views: 455
Size:  94.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NikolajC View Post
    I have added the repo and refreshed all screens. Doesn't seem to turn up under Community. Synology NAS 216+ (Intel based)
    I accidentally removed the whole package folder. Restored it again, so please try again. -Martin
    -LMS on Raspian Stretch
    -2x Radio

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdot View Post
    I accidentally removed the whole package folder. Restored it again, so please try again. -Martin
    Hm still nothing. Tried both a refresh and re-adding the repo.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolajC View Post
    Hm still nothing. Tried both a refresh and re-adding the repo.
    If, and I assume you are, your DSM version is higher than 6.0-7275, it should show up. If not, this would be a bug in the repo software. I know there are a few of them in there and therefore looking for an alternative.For now you can download the package and install it manually. Make sure to set the Trust Level to 'any publisher' in the package center settings.Greetings,Martin
    -LMS on Raspian Stretch
    -2x Radio

I am completely new to NAS (416play), have been running my LMS over desktop computers for years.

What are the main differences between the official package (7.7.6) and the ones described here?

7.7.6 has been a complete nightmare, scanning of all albums (.wav - .cue, about 6'000 albums) takes more than half a day, and the software is slow and unresponsive. On my Mac mini completely re-scanning the files took less than 10 minutes. I'm starting to think it was a mistake to have bought the NAS.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I am completely new to NAS (416play), have been running my LMS over desktop computers for years.

What are the main differences between the official package (7.7.6) and the ones described here?
    About 3 years of bug fixing and improving LMS, adding features ...

7.7.6 has been a complete nightmare, scanning of all albums (.wav - .cue, about 6'000 albums) takes more than half a day, and the software is slow and unresponsive. On my Mac mini completely re-scanning the files took less than 10 minutes. I'm starting to think it was a mistake to have bought the NAS.
    You have a great nas. Better totally remove the current 7.7.6 installation and install LmsUpdate. I wouldn't start with LmsRepack if I were you.
    There is a link in my sig pointing at LmsUpdates. Just follow the instructions in the first post of that thread. Its straight forward!

There is another option for you since you have an x86_64 based nas. You can add the repository to your package center and see if LmsRepack is listed in the community tab. This is not always the case however. If it does install from there, but make sure the other installation of LMS is stopped or removed!

Also, make sure you have set the trust level in package center to 'all publishers'! Otherwise you will be prompted with a 'corrupted package' message.

Greetings,

Martin
    -LMS on Raspian Stretch
    -2x Radio

Thanks so much Martin. I have already added the repo as described here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post880069. However, I see nothing on the Community tab ("All packages have been installed".) Would I have to stop or deinstall the current version of LMS for Repack to show up?

A more general question, how long would it approximately take to completely scan ("clear library and rescan everything") a collection of a couple thousand albums (.wav - .cue) on a device like mine? It is taking about 14 hours, which seems insane to me. Is this only so slow the first time? On the Mac I often rescanned everything (< 10 minutes), because searching only for changed files produced some undesirable results mainly with the album artwork if I remember correctly. Would the Raid level, file system of the drives etc. have a significant effect on this speed?