Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Never tried this set-up. But:
    - make sure you have a DAC that is recognised by DSM.
    - does Local Player plugin run on an ARM based nas?
    -Synology nas DS115 - (LmsUpdate) + (LmsRepack)
    -RPI 3 (Moode 3.6 + LibreSpot), IQaudIO Pi-DAC PRO - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC GB1i
    -2x Radio
    -Laptop - openSUSE Leap - LMS/Squeezelite

I'll give it a try when the equipment arrives and report back.
    LMS: 7.9.0 - 1488878280 @ Tue Mar 7 09:28:02 UTC 2017 on Raspberry Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.20 Server/IQAudio DAC+/Amp+/ Synology DS216J Network Music Store
    Homeplug LAN Players:
    Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC
    Raspberry Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.20/Topping VX2 DAC/Amp
    Wifi Players:
    UPnP Wifi Players: 2 x Chromecast Audio, 2 x Chromecast Video, Revo Super-Connect, GGMM-E5

Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post
    There is a compatibility list here:
    https://www.synology.com/en-global/c...end_mode=false
    -2x Radio

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdot View Post
    There is a compatibility list here:
    I saw that after you're first message. My DAC (Arcam rPac) is not on the list but the list may not be exhaustive/complete.

It won't be a show-stopper if I can't get it to work but it will probably mean having to keep a Raspberry Pi going as a player.
    LMS: 7.9.0 - 1488878280 @ Tue Mar 7 09:28:02 UTC 2017 on Raspberry Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.20 Server/IQAudio DAC+/Amp+/ Synology DS216J Network Music Store
    Homeplug LAN Players:
    Wifi Players:
    UPnP Wifi Players: 2 x Chromecast Audio, 2 x Chromecast Video, Revo Super-Connect, GGMM-E5

Synology Models that LmsRepack will work with ??

I am looking at various Synology NAS systems, but I am wondering which models will work with LmsRepack?

I am looking at the DS216i+ll and the DS916+ and wondering if they will support LmsRepack?

Can someone clarify for me, how can you tell which units will work?

Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Throat View Post
    I am looking at various Synology NAS systems, but I am wondering which models will work with LmsRepack?

I am looking at the DS216i+ll and the DS916+ and wondering if they will support LmsRepack?

Can someone clarify for me, how can you tell which units will work?
    I wouldn't make this a specific LmsRepack question if I where you. Mind that LmsUpdate and LmsRepack highly depend on the official package from Synology!
    If you would rephrase your question and ask: what nas would possibly see the best support/compatibility of third party plugin's, I would say all x86_64 based nas. So, yes the DS216+II and DS916+ would be in that list.

But, what is wrong with your current DS216J? In other words, what do you want to work, or isn't working now?

Greetings,

Martin
    -2x Radio

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdot View Post
    I wouldn't make this a specific LmsRepack question if I where you. Mind that LmsUpdate and LmsRepack highly depend on the official package from Synology!
    If you would rephrase your question and ask: what nas would possibly see the best support/compatibility of third party plugin's, I would say all x86_64 based nas. So, yes the DS216+II and DS916+ would be in that list.

But, what is wrong with your current DS216J? In other words, what do you want to work, or isn't working now?

Greetings,

Martin
    Thanks, Everything is working fine right now with my ds216j..... It is more about expansion for backups. And maybe some increase in speed.
    Last edited by Cut-Throat; 2017-05-18 at 08:03.

I've installed my "new" DS215j for back-ups, cloud services and LMS/player with the plugins shown.

Name:  plugins.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  21.3 KB

Everything works fine except for Local Player, which won't start.

The binaries offered in Chromecast Bridge and UPNP/DLNA Bridge include "armv5te-static" which both work.

The single binary offered in Local Player is "armv5te" which does not allow Local Player to start.

Is the Local Player "armv5te-static" binary missing from LMS RePack or is there something else going on?

If Ralphy is reading this maybe he could comment.

Edit: My Arcam rPac external DAC is recognised by DiskStations native music player so should be accessible if Local Player can be started.
    Last edited by ian_heys; 2017-05-20 at 02:39. Reason: Additional Info
    Homeplug LAN Players:
    Wifi Players:

I've installed my "new" DS215j for back-ups, cloud services and LMS/player with the plugins shown.

Name:  plugins.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  21.3 KB

Everything works fine except for Local Player, which won't start.

The binaries offered in Chromecast Bridge and UPNP/DLNA Bridge include "armv5te-static" which both work.

The single binary offered in Local Player is "armv5te" which does not allow Local Player to start.

Is the Local Player "armv5te-static" binary missing from LMS RePack or is there something else going on?

If Ralphy is reading this maybe he could comment.

Edit: My Arcam rPac external DAC is recognised by DiskStations native music player so should be accessible if Local Player can be started.
    Your nas is armv7l, so Local Player might not be compatible if it doesn't ship the correct binaries.
    -2x Radio

Can't reinstall

Hi

I've been trying to resolve my Local Player issue with new binaries provided by Ralphy.

Everything I tried failed so as a last resort I tried uninstalling and re-installing LMS Repack. The problem is the package won't re-install as I get this message:

Port 9009 configured for this package is either used by another service or reserved for system use. Please disable or modify the conflicting service, or contact the developer to modify the package configuration.

I can't find anywhere to change this port reservation after LMS RePack has been uninstalled. Can you help?
    Homeplug LAN Players:
    Wifi Players: