Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Synology 7.9.1 packages

> Synology ships LMS with bins and libs in the package. But somehow
    > LmsRepack looks at the wrong folder. Looks like static bins/libs or
    > something like that.

I guess the question is where the files are, where they are expected to
    be, and how we can easily match those places. I'd rather not modify an
    existing file and go with Custom.pm. Should be easier to maintain should
    adjustments to eg. initSearchPath (or what it's called) be needed.

--
    --

Michael

Intel success, update question

Hi pinkdot

I just gave it a try on my Intel based NAS. It works on my Synology DS-712+. I have a question about the update mechanism:

1) Does my NAS automatically update the package?
    2) Do you manually build new LmsRepack packages or is there some magic that automatically builds the new packages based on the latest versions? I'm still on 1494667952 @ Sat May 13.

Thanks for your efforts!

Hello ,

the location from the post #1 ist not reachable.

is there a alternative?

best regards

How often are these builds updated? Current dates back to May 13th (at least for DS716+II).
    /Stig
    www.rockland.dk - www.last.fm/user/rockland - www.discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - plus.google.com/+StigNygaard
    Server: LMS 7.9.1 (LmsRepack) - 1503129892 @ Sat Aug 19 on Synology DS716+II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, 7" touch, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Livingroom HiFi: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

Try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - And Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop browser experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Stig Nygaard View Post
    How often are these builds updated? Current dates back to May 13th (at least for DS716+II).
    Hi Stig,

I update packages if github changes/commits are useful for us to merge into the Synology packages. Besides the fact I don't have time in the coming month, I don't see any changes after May 13th that are useful to us.

Greetings,

Martin
    -LMS on Raspian Stretch -> 2x Radio
    -RPI 3 (Mopidy + Raspotify), Allo Boss DAC- Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdot View Post
    I update packages if github changes/commits are useful for us to merge into the Synology packages. Besides the fact I don't have time in the coming month, I don't see any changes after May 13th that are useful to us.
    Fair enough Martin. I agree there's not much stuff of general interest in latest checkins. I was also just curious. At first I thought it was some kind of automatically generated packages.
    Thanks for the work :-)
    Last edited by Stig Nygaard; 2017-07-13 at 16:38.
    /Stig
    www.rockland.dk - www.last.fm/user/rockland - www.discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - plus.google.com/+StigNygaard
    Server: LMS 7.9.1 (LmsRepack) - 1503129892 @ Sat Aug 19 on Synology DS716+II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, 7" touch, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Livingroom HiFi: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

Try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - And Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop browser experience...

Another NAS newbie

I'm about to order a DS416Play. I've been running LMS on desktop machines for many years. Finding this thread is good, but 15 pages is daunting. Has anyone composed a step-by-step?

Have look at #1. There were enough step for me to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I'm about to order a DS416Play. I've been running LMS on desktop machines for many years. Finding this thread is good, but 15 pages is daunting. Has anyone composed a step-by-step?
    Besides following steps in post #1, I can only add that you might need to install Perl first. It is needed, and it wasn't pre-installed on my DS716+ II.
    /Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Stig Nygaard View Post
    Besides following steps in post #1, I can only add that you might need to install Perl first. It is needed, and it wasn't pre-installed on my DS716+ II.
    Thanks. That's available in the package center too? Was there much to configure with perl?