Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
    I have no idea how up to date the Synology build is but if I assume a date is it then a matter of finding all files that have been updated? That seems like a lot of hit and miss and the potential to get it wrong!
    I'm wondering if just replacing the package file from one of your nightlys would be an easier option?

Name:  synology.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  36.4 KB

HB
    1 x Duet, 2 x Radio, 2 x Touch with iPeng 9 served by Synology 1815+ and LMS 7.9.1

Quote Originally Posted by HeadBanger View Post
    I'm wondering if just replacing the package file from one of your nightlys would be an easier option?
    HB
    Unfortunately it is not that easy! You might want to have look at my analysis here in which I investigated just that:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108190

This is brand new and hasn't been confirmed though, so use at own risk.

regarding git:
    I think you could just pick the files from git instead of the Dailies, they are the same, no?

The latest beta by Synology is quite new still - Sept 04.
    Last edited by Ge Ba; 2017-10-29 at 09:39.
    Server: LMS 7.9.1-166 Synology @ Sept 04 2017 on DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO. Players: SB Radio, Freecom MusicPal. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30, Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I thought you tried to re-package? I considered this development. Maybe a tad bit exaggerated :-).
    You may call it development.. we call it surviving in a post-officially-supported world X)

That's why I suggest using git: for every single change you would see
    which file was changed. This would instantly tell you what file to
    replace. In order to understand what you'd need to copy from the
    tarball, you'd have to checkout the change log on github anyway
    (https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...its/public/7.9)
    This shows exactly what was changed, when and even why! That should help a lot. There is also an option to downloading the whole thing as a zip.

Anyway, we just got an updated package and thereĺs hope that Synology themselves provide updates every now and then.. So issue is not as pressing right now with just a few bug fixes since last release?

By the way, MP3 licensing was given up recently by Fraunhofer Institute, wouldnĺt it be time to add LAME to the delivery, regularly?
    Server: LMS 7.9.1-166 Synology @ Sept 04 2017 on DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO. Players: SB Radio, Freecom MusicPal. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30, Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

Quote Originally Posted by HeadBanger View Post
    I simply opened pinkdot's last spk package with 7-Zip. When it opens you will see another zip file called package.tgz. Open that (double click on it) and you will see a another file called package. Open that one and you will then see all of the components. LAME is stored in BIN - open that and then copy the LAME file to your desktop. Close the package and open the new Synology package. Navigate to BIN and just drag LAME from your desktop into that location and then save the file. You can then instal the Synology version with LAME included :-).

HB
    Perfect, thanks HB!

Synology 7.9.1 packages

> regarding git:
    > I think you could pick just the files from git, they are the same as in
    > the daily, no?

Yes. No compilation is done for the nightlies. Most changes are Perl or
    HTML or text files anyway.

--

Michael

Repo offline

The page is no longer available, you will be redirected to the official Synology download page: this page
    is it a temporarily situation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guenni007 View Post
    is it a temporarily situation ?
    what are you asking about? Pinkdots updates are discontinued, this is a community effort now.

The latest available update is the 7.9.1-166 beta package by Synology which is working perfectly for now.

install it manually from here: https://usdl.synology.com/download/P...ver/7.9.1-166/
    Last edited by Ge Ba; 2017-11-03 at 12:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post
    what are you asking about? Pinkdots updates are discontinued, this is a community effort now.

The latest available update is the 7.9.1-166 beta package by Synology which is working perfectly for now.

install it manually from here: https://usdl.synology.com/download/P...ver/7.9.1-166/
    I believe that if you go to the Package Center under DSM for your Synology NAS and then go to Multimedia>LMS>Settings>Beta> and then check the box "I want to see Beta Versions" ...............This will install that version for you automatically for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Throat View Post
    I believe that if you go to the Package Center under DSM for your Synology NAS and then go to Multimedia>LMS>Settings>Beta> and then check the box "I want to see Beta Versions" ...............This will install that version for you automatically for you.
    yes it does.. sorry I forgot.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk